Old 07-04-2011, 06:55 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly chat July4th-10th

HAPPY INDEPEDENCE DAY

We have just come back from walking our dog through an old oak wood, where Charles 1st hid from the roundheads. It was lovely, cool shady green leaves, woodland flowers and woodland birds singing. No sight nor sound of traffic. Such a peaceful spot, we are sponsoring a bench there in memory of our daughter who loved the place.

We had to go early because it is unbearably hot today and dogs are dropping like flies with heat stroke! Tomorrow is going to be cooler (or so we are told)

Forgot to say, 10lbs of my next stone lost. I think it has been the extra walking that's done it.

Last edited by jojo23; 07-04-2011 at 07:02 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy 4th of July everyone, and thanks Jojo for the good wishes from across the pond.

Speaking of the heat, I heard that this has already been among the three hottest summers on record. And, Texas has been declared a national disaster area because of the drought. (I think I might have said this already.)

Yesterday we went to bar-b-que and I certainly ate too much, even though it was too hot to eat

Today, we will have dinner with my niece and her husband and go see fireworks. I hope you all have a good day, however you're celebrating our nation's birth. Why on earth did our founding fathers chose one of the hottest days of the year?!

Last edited by Tejas; 07-04-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Happy Fourth of July Chicks!

My eating is not great but not atrocious either. I'm so proud of all of you for plugging away at our mutual task of weight loss. I really need to get back to my WW meetings. I've just been in limbo.

My Sister is in the PT facility. The professionals say there has been some improvement but she sees none. I believe she's given up. I pray that isn't true.

There's a family BBQ on my social calendar today. The menu is partially healthy so I'll try to be as good as I can. Homemade turkey cheese burgers, baked potato and corn are the main entree. There will also be my favorite fattening spinach artichoke parmesan dip for appetizer followed up by a WW Chocolate Eclair Cake for dessert. There will be more fattening dessert but I'll stick to the WW cake that I'm making and bringing.

What do you all have planned?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Happy 4 th Independence Day,

Not going out this morning as all the activities are now going on and I can't handle above average crowds. My friend Rita & I are going to Friendly's for a 1 PM lunch. We were going to the Strawberry festival but our town made a booboo by closing the streets for the fireworks at 6 PM and the festival ends at 7PM Not going to caught in waiting 3 hrs before they open the streets again. Going to watch the Boston Pops instead.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages and and BIG CONGRATS on losing of your 10 lbs of your next stone. You're doing great.

RHONDA-Going to have a BBQ tonight with the whole works also. Hope you we will all lose after this holiday as the next will be Labor Day. Enjoy your BBQ's and fireworks.

VICKIE-Sorry about your sister. Hope she doesn't feel that way.Prayers on there way. As for eating enjoy this 4 of July like I told Rhonda we have a while for the next big holiday arrives.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #5  
hopeless but harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
Hi Ladies

Happy 4 th Independence Day,

Not going out this morning as all the activities are now going on and I can't handle above average crowds. My friend Rita & I are going to Friendly's for a 1 PM lunch. We were going to the Strawberry festival but our town made a booboo by closing the streets for the fireworks at 6 PM and the festival ends at 7PM Not going to caught in waiting 3 hrs before they open the streets again. Going to watch the Boston Pops instead.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages and and BIG CONGRATS on losing of your 10 lbs of your next stone. You're doing great.

RHONDA-Going to have a BBQ tonight with the whole works also. Hope you we will all lose after this holiday as the next will be Labor Day. Enjoy your BBQ's and fireworks.

VICKIE-Sorry about your sister. Hope she doesn't feel that way.Prayers on there way. As for eating enjoy this 4 of July like I told Rhonda we have a while for the next big holiday arrives.

Have a great day
I remember telling an Austrailian girl I worked with, that I had lost a stone and she came over all caring and sympathetic and asked me if it was a kidney or a gallstone dho

Oh Vickie I hope she hasn't given up. It must be so depressing for her, working like stink in PT and seeing little result. I remember a patient once, being told by a physio, to look at it like building a house. You have to lay good solid foundations before you start to see the house taking shape. So have faith and all this hard work will pay dividends.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!! We got up early this AM and drove over to the church to help decorate. I cut up fish. Not much decorative about that, but it needed to be done. I have made 2 cakes, an English Pea Salad, and have cut up orange, red, and yellow bell peppers/onions for a relish dish. I also made a sf dump cake using sf chocolate cake instead of yellow. It looks and smells heavenly. I hope it tastes all right.

JoJo, thank you for the new pages and for your well wishes for our celebration. Your walk in the woods sounded so peaceful. I'm glad you are honoring your daughter with the marker.

Vickie, I hope your sister hasn't given up. I feel so sad for you both.

Rhonda, they are comparing this summer to the summer of 1980. Did you see the t-shirts that were made back then saying, "I survived the summer of 1980"? We may need shirts for 2011 if we survive.

Got to go. We're leaving shortly and I need to get ready. I'll catch ya'll tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #7  

We saw a weather report on TV saying that last night there was a string of T storms right across the nation; it was essentially the same system. In addition there were storms in Montana and the SE states. We have almost spent as much money related to storms in this past 6 months as we spent in all of last year.

Whew.

We're having bison burgers on sprouted grain buns, baked chips, cauliflower and broccoli salad, tomatoes, etc. For dessert, we'll have strawberries, blueberries and low-calorie cookies with FF whipping cream. This is going to be the healthiest July 4th ever.

Last edited by Tejas; 07-04-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #8  

morning chicks. Leaving for Michigan today. Will be gone until Thursday evening. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #9  

Pam, have fun.

Our 4th of July meal was delicious, and we were all so smug about eating healthily.

I've decided to have a two month experiment about exercise. Basically, in later April, I had to slow down on the really heavy lower body lifts because of tendonitis (I've seen this spelled that way, and as "tendinitis". I don't know what's correct; maybe both.) I have not really compensated by increasing cardio. So, for July and August I am going to do at least 20 minutes of serious cardio six days a week. I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Last edited by Tejas; 07-05-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a wonderful 4th of July went to friendly with my friend Rita and after our 2 hrs dining we went to the mall and did some walking to burn off those calories. Got home at 4PM didn't go tot he fireworks but I heard them. Watched the Boston Pops and fireworks on the Charles River. via NBC.

Heard on the radio that the roads heading off the Cape are packed and back up to our main thoroughfares so I think I will head into town tomorrow to pay my taxes.

Quote:
I remember telling an Austrailian girl I worked with, that I had lost a stone and she came over all caring and sympathetic and asked me if it was a kidney or a gallstone dho
JOJO-What I thought Australian's would know what a stone was. I know from my DH coming from Ireland That a stone is a measure on a scale but I don't know how many stone are in a pound.

SANDRA-Sound like you were did a lot of cooking. The dump cake sound delish. I made a red/white/flue parfait for my dessert.

RHONDA-We had thunder bummers all around us but not in the Boston or Cape area. The Boston pops & fire works were spectacular.

PAM-Have a wonderful safe mini vacation ,and we'll see you when you get back.

Have to go, have a nice day
Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey everyone i hope you all had a nice independance day I go my exam results tomoz im not looking forward to that i know i have failed 2 at least as i walked out on them so god knows about the other 3 lol Il let you know have your fingers and toes crossed for me xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #12  
hopeless but harmless

Maryann A stone is 14lbs.

Em How did it go? I HATED school exams like the very devil. Our headmistress in our senior school, always did the yearly exams in January (I reckon she was a masocist) To this day, when I see snow around Christmas, my heart still sinks. When I trained as a nurse, I didn't mind the exams because I was doing a job I loved and learning as I went along. I never did see the point in school. of working out how long a leaking bucket would take to empty... BUY A NEW BUCKET!

Have a lovely time Pam

I'm not weighing next Sunday. I don't want to depress myself. Last evening we went to a BBQ and on Friday, friends are coming for a meal (Welsh lamb cooked in honey & mint... need I say more )
Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #13  

morning. I decided not to go to Michigan. I'm here by myself. My son-in-law did come to check on me when he got home from work. I need to get my liver test and that test for my thyroid this week. Going today and then need to get some groceries. I really need to get serious about my eating habits. Haven't gained any weight, but haven't lost either.

jojo, I hated exams too. 14 lbs is great. I need to lose a stone and I'd be a happy camper.

I'm very upset about the Casey Anthony case. I need to do something to get my mind off it.

ems hope you did good on those 3 exams.

Maryann, heard it was going to be hot in Boston. Stay cool.

Rhonda, you are so dedicated to exercise. Any suggestions to get me into the mood?

Sandra, how was the dump cake?

Vickie, sorry about your sis. Hope she improves each day and realized she is making progress, although it may be slow.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Just had the repair guys here for the sprinkler and now need to run some errands. We still haven't gotten into the pool. I hope we can do that soon.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

HOT & HUMID Had the a/c's going in the living-room & loft the minute I got up.Want to cool the house off before the sun hits the side of my house.Going to have my hair cut,as I can't stand the is heavy mob on the top of my head.Told my sister and she started to cry,that I shouldn't have it cut,but than she said do what you want the next time I see you your hair will be long again.She wears her hair in a bun,as it goes down to her waist.

JOJO-Thanks for the information on the stones relating to pounds.

PAM-Sorry you didn't get to Michigan but if you need test for your liver & thyroid I things that more important. Good luck on the test results.I taking it it easy not going out today except for my hair cut appointment at 1 PM.

Have a great day