Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Default New Years Resolutioners

We are half-way into 2011, so how many "New Years Resolutioners" do we have still hanging in there? What have you achieved half-way into the year?

I've lost 30+ lbs, started running one minute intervals, and have now ran two 5K races and can run for up to a mile, started at being able to do 0 push-ups and am now up to 10, eating well, feeling awesome, improving my kids' snacking habits, got engaged, working towards a lot of other goals I had set for myself this year, and most importantly I am happier than I have been in a long time.

How about you? What successes have you had in the first half of this year?
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, mine wasn't technically a new years resolution. It just happened I found out about some health issues around the holidays and was able to get this rolling at the new year.

In these 6 months I have lost 58 pounds. I went from getting winded from walking across a parking lot (and grocery shopping my only exercise) to being able to do two hours of two tough workouts back to back - BodyStep followed by BodyPump.

I've gone from a size 20 to a size 14 in clothing. And I went from needing high dose meds for blood pressure, to none. Gone from uncontrolled diabetes numbers to normal range and went from high cholesterol to within normal ranges all with diet, losing weight and adding fitness. My thyroid which was very under active is about right now... Might still need some tweaking.

And, I've been doing low carb (under 100 net carbs) for 6 months and haven't really missed the carbs because they made me feel bad. And, in those 6 months I've only had one higher day and even that was at maintenance level.

All in all, I am so happy where I am. I had really hoped I could get to 175 by my 42nd birthday in mid December. I didn't think I could do it, but hoped to at least get to under 200 pounds and this week I did that - in just six short months.

I'm not starving. I'm not torturing myself. I actually feel great - the best I've felt in a very long time!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 07-01-2011 at 01:09 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I've lost 21lbs in six months. I have lots more to lose but I'm happy with the start I've made, all things considered. I also wanted to be more spiritual and I've achieved this, much to my delight. God bless you all!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote