Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #1  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Daily Committments to Health

Because we have to be so much more vigilant about what we eat, how much we exercise, and how we take care of our health in general, we diabetics need to think about our health every single day. For me, if I don't start with some daily committments, I tend to slide into old habits and do what I have always done before, which has not worked for me, obviously. My plan is to make a daily committment here, and check back in on how I did. I hope others will join me and that we can support, congratulate and encourage one another to stay the course.

Today, my committment is to walk three miles and drink 8 cups of water.

Sheri
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:47 AM   #2  
Sherianne

I did walk a loop, but it is the one in town, so I will have to drive it and see what the distance is...and I got in my 8 cups of water.
For tomorrow I am starting Adtkins induction and getting out the belly dancing video!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Well, I did my grocery shopping today. I plan tomorrow to get back to level 2 atkins, (not induction) as I have decided to keep about 40g carbs in my diet. Will also go to yoga if work doesn't interfere. Since I got back and have been walking more, my heel is hurting again tho, so not sure about other exercise.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #4  
Sherianne

Hi Fatmad, glad to see you here!
I am doing Atkins, too. I am starting with induction, though. I am doing a month of induction to see if I can lose 10 pounds...it is so slow for me otherwise. I would love to share recipes with you. Do you use the Atkins cookbook, and do you buy any Atkins pre-made products?

My commitment for today is to drink all my water and stay on plan. I have already gotten in all my water, and so far so good at staying on plan. One of my friends has this terrific little ice-cream maker and I had an epiphany. If I get one, I could make my own splenda based ice-cream. It's the sweet cravings that get me. So...after induction I will reward myself with an ice cream maker to help me with my sweet cravings. Splenda based ice cream is pretty satisfying and it could be made on-plan for Adtkins (if you don't eat the whole quart at once).
Sheri
Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #5  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

The atkins thread has some great recipes too. I have a suzanne somers dessert cookbook. It has recipes for ice cream. (tho I add more sweetener) I have the donvier too, but haven't used it for a while. I have never been able to get the texture I like with it. I have been buying this great creamy greek yoghurt (greek gods) and I wonder about making "frozen" yoghurt with it, may be good. I had a sugar free icecream sandwich today. (chapmans) not low carb, but tasty.
I may have to go back to induction to lose some of the weight I put on while away on vacation. I am off call for the weekend, so will walk, do yoga, and be active all weekend I hope, have been awfully tired lately.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quix This reminds me of when I was in Overeater's Anonymous years ago. One of the things we were taught to do was... "I will do 3 things today I may not want to do". So I would love join y'all on this thread if we can get it going.

I've been wanting to low carb but I want to keep some carbs in my plan as well. Fatmad40 carbs a day sounds good although I think that I might need to do Atkin's Induction for at least a week to get me back into the groove and get my FBS regulated. I've never made 2 weeks on it.

I just saw this thread so didn't get started today and I have a doctor's appt tomorrow and plan to do a fast until after appt in case I can talk the doc into doing a blood test to check my thyroid. Since my Mama took thyroid meds most of her life and Daddy has to take it now, I want the peace of mind that mine is okay. So I will plan to start at least 1 wk of AI tomorrow after appt and then start building up my carbs a little each week until I get to 40 carbs. I know from my experience last year when I first learned I was Type 2 diabetic how well Atkin's worked for me, I think I need the accountability to help me get back to it.

As for today, my goal will be to eat only low carbs the rest of the day and drink at least 64+ oz of water. WI tomorrow at drs office so I'll have a starting pt for weight on his scales.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
Well, I did my grocery shopping today. I plan tomorrow to get back to level 2 atkins, (not induction) as I have decided to keep about 40g carbs in my diet. Will also go to yoga if work doesn't interfere. Since I got back and have been walking more, my heel is hurting again tho, so not sure about other exercise.
Fatmad,

I have had heel pain off and on. It went away for a year or so and recently returned. After a couple weeks it went away again. Two days ago it started to hurt again, and I noticed I was wearing a pair of shoes that I only wear in the summer. I quit wearing those shoes, and my heel is fine again. So, I wonder if you're wearing shoes that you didn't wear while on vacation.

Carol
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote