Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 AM   #1  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Default I don't see the difference

I have lost 45 pounds in the last 11 weeks (to the day.) Now don't freak, I had a baby 11 weeks ago, but only gained 12 pounds in the pregnancy + some strange 3 pounds I went home with (while holding my 9-10 pound newborn, explain that one to me!) I lost easily until I got to about 222 (that was -28 pounds) and now I'm down to 205.

I just don't see a difference. I did box up every stitch of maternity clothing and pass it onto a pregnant friend. I am wearing jeans that button and zip that I remember clearly being tight on me last year pre-pregnancy when I was 235. But they aren't loose at all, I'm nowhere near the next size down, nor do I expect to be. I mean, I'm not as puffy as I was, but I just account that to being 40 weeks pregnant and swollen and now I'm not puffy and swollen.

I have 50+ pounds still to lose, but I thought when I got to this weight, I'd notice at least a small difference. Maybe in another 10-20 pounds I will? By the way, I'm taking photos every month. I did post some in the 100-lb progress thread at the beginning of this month and I'll update it in a few days when I take more. I didn't take measurements, I wish I had but I can't find my measuring tape anywhere.
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I am in the same boat. I had my son 9 weeks ago... but I gained 65 pounds during pregnancy. I go into the hospital weighing 215... I have my 8lb 4.9 oz monster babe via c-section. I left the hospital 4 days later weighing 216. Needless to say, I was PO'ed. After a week and a half, I lost 35 pounds. Then put some back on... by May 20th I was 186 again.

Now it is June 29 and I am 170-172. I have been this weight before but NONE of the clothes I wore at this weight fit me. I am still in 12's when I used to wear 10's at 170. I know I am a lot more fluffy than I used to be...and a lot wider? It is so frustrating.

We just have to keep working at it. You are doing great... and just know you are not alone.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations on your weight-loss! That is awesome. You should be so proud. Two things I want to tell you.
First is that I have been a size 14 for 6 years and 50 lbs. I do not fit into a 12 until about 170 lbs and my 14 still fit at 222. So, perhaps you are still in the range of whatever size you wear.
Secondly, do you think that having your second child changed your body shape? I have never had a child however, I did watch my best friend go through it and it took about 10 months for her body to get back to where it was before. You accumulated a lot of water and tissue in your abdomen so it might just take a little longer to let it peel off.
I also want to encourage you to keep going. The first 2 weeks of my weight loss I lost 16 pounds but then had a difficult time losing weight for the next month. I was quite discouraged and really wanted to quit. I did not quit and now I am losing again. Don't be discouraged by this pants situation. You will get there. Just give it time.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Good advice, Sunshine.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I too came home weighing MORE after my (9lb 3oz) baby! Ridiculous, isn't it? Did you have any IVs or epidural? Huge water weight contributors. I remember crying, baby blues are hard enough without weighing more after delivery, LOL

I'll be honest - it took me a good *4* months to start noticing changes after having my baby. Some women spring back immediately with no effort. Me, I was one of those who tried my darndest and nothing was happening. It's unfortunate, it's reality, it sucks, but what can ya do.

I take progress pictures only once per month and looking back, I am able to see the difference, but there was nothing to be seen in the first 11 weeks for me. You are not alone, just stick with it.

I recently posted my postpartum 1 year progress in mini goals, you can take a look if you want. And also my 6 month progress is in there too - there was literally no difference between 6 weeks and 12 weeks!

Darn genetics I suppose.

Last edited by sacha; 06-29-2011 at 09:54 AM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #6  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone! I keep forgetting that although I've lost that weight, I did just have a baby, and a c-section. I wonder if in a few months, when I realize things have gone back to where they should be, if I'll notice the weight loss better then. Right now my belly is like a grocery bag or something, and it looks like everything in my whole abdomen just fell down to the bottom. The top is empty and almost "skinny" looking while the bottom is this huge ugly pooch.

I'll still update my photos the day after tomorrow so maybe I'll notice differences better then.
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:43 AM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

my body changed after having my second baby...i dont remember it changing after my first one but he was born when i was only 20 and i was pregnant while i was 19...but my second one was born when i was 28 or 29 and even though i'm back to the weight i was prior to pregnancy, i still can't fit into a certain pair of jeans that i used to love...my hips are wider or something, i think...i can get them on but not easily buttoned like i used to, even though i'm the same size/weight...i also noticed too more of a pooch to my tummy after my second child was born...it goes away with weight loss but still, at the pre-preg weight, it's there more than it used to be....give it time though it took me several months to drop all the water weight/tissue/etc that i was carrying around after my second son was born...it was a regular birth at teh hospital, not c-section, but i had an epidural...no pain meds beyond epidural...and it was a 25-hour labor...made it 16 hours without pain meds before i asked for the epidural
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote