South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default I fell off the wagon again!

I have been floundering for my first attempt at a complete Phase 1.

But, at least I learned some things.

I learned that when you eat something that spikes your blood sugar in Phase 1, you are more likely to get cravings again, and thus to eat something else you are not supposed to.

I also learned that if I skip snacks or get hungry, my blood sugar dips and I get headaches and feel tired. Then I am much more likely to go off-diet. So I have to eat my snacks and not get hungry.

Looking forward to starting over. I just started my summer job on Monday, so maybe it will be easier to maintain the diet after I settle into the new schedule. If I start over, will there be a Phase 1 thread to post the meal plans (it really helps with the motivation)? Like: Should I post in the old thread in which people are working on their second week, or what?
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like you learned a few lessons that it took me a bit longer to figure out.

The other thing that I learned in my previous attempts that has helped out a bunch this time is that for me planning is an absolute must. If I have my meal plan in place before the day begins, then I'm never put in a position of making a decision in a moment of weakness.

There usually isn't a Phase 1 meal plan thread, we just had a seperate one right now because there are so many chicks here that were doing a Phase 1 reboot all at the same time... If there isn't one you can go ahead and post in the other thread, there are usually some gals there in Phase 1, some in 1.5 (transition) and some in Phase 2.

Last edited by 1oftheLuvs; 06-21-2011 at 04:17 PM.
1oftheLuvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #3  

Thanks for the tip. Having a plan probably helps prevent snack skipping--so I should keep that a priority.
I started out using the sample meal plan in the Supercharged book, and that probably really helped. It's a library book so I'll have to photocopy it (or I could just find the book on Amazon).
Old 06-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Hey dear -
Having just spent the last week literally flinging myself from the wagon and encouraging it to run back and forth over me, I started MOSTLY phase 1 today with the exception of my sf jam and carrots). I will continue to be posting on the regular "On Plan Thread" each day. It is a great place to be, no matter what phase you are in at the moment. You CERTAINLY can post in the Phase 1 thread for the rest of this week if it helps - sometimes it can be easier if you are posting/reading all Phase 1 menus!

Be well -
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #5  

Thanks! And I love your analogy. I'm still laughing from it. That is a good description of what I did.
One of the things I am grateful for with SB, is that I usually feel a sense of relief when I go off of a diet (like the up day down day diet--oh no. Or the "warrior diet"), but with SB I realize that I actually felt a lot better on the diet than off. I'm looking forward to starting again.

Last edited by Stopfat; 06-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.