Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Opps...

I thought I would be able to stay focused, even if I did have this rather sweet breakfast I found in Hungry Girls' 300 under 300. Wow, I was so wrong!! I fixed the S'mores recipe and it ended up setting off my sweet tooth trigger. So I indulged in an actual S'more after the oatmeal breakfast and then had a bigger craving for more caffeine. So I chugged down a can of Pepsi. Super frustrated with myself, but I know it's done and over with and I still have dinner to think about, so I have to be careful on what I eat. But you know what this has taught me??

Not to eat anything that has my weakness in it. Chocolate is a HUGE weakness for me and will set me off. Until I can control myself better, this is going to be something that I'll have to try and keep from eating until I know I can honestly say no to myself. Ugn...

I'm suppose to go to the gym tonight. I don't think all the caffeine that I've consumed should affect my heart too much??? It should done be out of my system by 8:30pm, right?
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

We learn. We move on. Just like you're doing!

I honestly don't know about the caffeine. I don't think I would avoid the gym or anything. I'd just try to keep my routine as normal as possible.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #3  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

With caffeine, you should be ok unless you're REALLY susceptible to it as there's really not enough in a Pepsi or even a bunch of chocolate to create severe effects. It'd be different if you drank a 4-pack of Red Bull or something. I take (prescribed, legal, needed, and not weight loss related) ADHD medication and Wellbutrin, which both stimulate the central nervous system pretty potently, and I'm still ok to exercise as long as I make sure I'm well-hydrated. Maybe drink some extra water today.

**I'm not a doctor or anything, just have had my own experiences.

Last edited by bama girl; 06-09-2011 at 05:21 PM.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Thanks. I'll be sure to keep myself hydrated. I do on occasion have rapid heart beat and then it'll subside. But it can be such a pain. Always freaks me out lol..
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I don't know how long you've been on plan, but I had to cut out chocolate cold turkey for the first 4-5 months. I have a horrid sweet tooth, and chocolate is my worst enemy. I am just now starting to indulge in things with moderation, but often I'll eat something sweet and it makes me want to binge and it sucks. What has helped me is having sweets that I'm not a fan of. Pumpkin anything, gingersnaps (which my DH loves). These I can eat a portion and be satisfied. I just started baking healthy things about a month ago, because I can trust myself now. I have a portion and bag the rest for my DH to take to work the next day. In the beginning, I couldn't have done it. I even didn't go to a couple events where I knew there would be cake or bad food cause I didn't trust myself at all. This does get better, though. I don't know how many months you've been on-plan, but I suppose it is different for every person.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #6  
Debbie

S/C/G: 317/see ticker/185

Height: 5 10

I know what you mean about trigger foods. I have to avoid them all together at this point. I am actually afraid of sweets right now - and the potential they have to send me spiraling out of control. I'm very rigid on my program right now because I can't trust myself. (sad I know) I go as far as asking my husband to throw out the leftovers that I cook for the family because I don't trust myself to get it all the way to the garbage without picking at it. So Sad!!!
SeeImTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think it's really great that you are able to learn something valuable from this experience. Knowing what sets you off....is half the battle.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #8  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

shyheather-

Just my opinion, for what it's worth, but I would completely cut out the foods that you know trigger your binge response. Heck, it may be forever, but don't be afraid of that. I have done it for over a year and lost 100 lbs. in that time. No kidding, I was the world's biggest chocoholic and I LOVED Mountain Dew. I don't plan on eating or drinking either again. People will tell you that it's unrealistic and that it can't be done, but I say why? I don't like lima beans, and therefore I haven't eaten any since I was a child. I look at my trigger foods as off limits and now the thought of them being forbidden is not a big deal and I truly no longer crave them.

I was just like you said, if I made a recipe that was supposed to be lower fat/sugar, but still had some of the trigger food in it, it would set me off to eat tons of whatever it was. I fixed this by taking them completely off the table. It can be done and you'll be better off. Again, just my opinion. Good luck and best wishes.

Last edited by milmin2043; 06-09-2011 at 09:05 PM.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote