Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #1  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Default Fourth baby laziness. I need a butt kick!

I always gain a crap load of weight with pregnancy. I've tried to fight it but it never works. But I've always managed to shed it after baby with lots of dedication (80 pounds!!). But baby number four is 6 months old now and I am still not losing any weight.

I need to get to it! So after several months away from 3FC I'm back baby!

I need to start walking daily (stroller or front carrier?).
Calorie count.
drink more water.
cut the diet soda??
Drink coffee instead? I need some caffeine I think. What do you all think?

Thanks for letting me get this out there. I need to commit publicly, but not too publicly

-Zoe
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #2  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
I always gain a crap load of weight with pregnancy. I've tried to fight it but it never works. But I've always managed to shed it after baby with lots of dedication (80 pounds!!). But baby number four is 6 months old now and I am still not losing any weight.

Calorie count.
drink more water.
cut the diet soda??

Thanks for letting me get this out there. I need to commit publicly, but not too publicly

-Zoe
Im pregnant with #4 . Wow you have 4 boys. I have 2 boys and a girl not sure what this one is yet. I lost 90 pounds in 8 months before pregnancy I was calorie counting, drinking 96oz of water, and excersing 5 times a week for 30 minutes to an hour. Hope I dont gain alot with this pregnancy I was 250 to 291 with my other pregnancy I gained a little with the first 2 and lost 20 with the third but Im the smallest ive ever been in my adult life so I fear gaining alot of weight this time I hope to lose 15 then just gain the 15 back near the end lol.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post

Calorie count.
drink more water.
cut the diet soda??

-Zoe
Welcome back!

It's hard with little ones for sure (and I only have 2), but you can do it! Your plan looks fantastic. I would definitely cut out the diet soda if you can (all of the research says it's no good in basically every way.) Coffee is a good option as long as it's not 300 calorie sugar bombs.
As far as the stroller vs. the front pack goes, I have a Bob Revolution Duallie (double jogger) and I LOVE it. It's a bit pricey, but well worth every single penny, IMO. And, you can put little babies in it, since the seats recline. I had both of my kids out in my Bob strollers when they were just a few days old.

Good luck!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #4  

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! Today is day 1. Ugh!

Ky30...we actually got our girl after three boys and we couldn't be more smitten with her. Good luck with your weight goal and pregnancy. How wonderful to be at your lowest in your whole adult life!

Gale, I've heard the bob strollers are nice. I see everyone getting the Phil & Ted strollers now too. Maybe I'll check Craigs for the bob.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #5  
By God's Grace

Zoe - How's your week going so far??

The Phil and Ted's are, IMO, cool but overpriced for what they are. Of course, the same could be said about the Bob strollers too! I had a hard enough time shelling out $500 for a double jogger, I think that $1K would give me a heart attack!

Last edited by Gale02; 06-09-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

A word of caution on the Bill & Ted's --

A friend of mine has the single and because it's manufactured overseas, when she needed a new tire, it was a pain in the butt getting a replacement. She ended up finding one through a third party distributor but if she had to send it back to them, shipping would have been astronomical.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #7  

1k for the P&T??? LOL! No thanks.

I actually have kept with the front carry and did a ton of walking so far! Not great on the calorie counting but cut the soda and drinking water after am coffee. Yay me!

Two days of public transportation adventures with kids (zoo and city) and I am beat.

I'm hoping to fit at least three "adventures" in next week too. I can commit to a hike or zoo trip much easier than a gym. Plus its fun for the kids!

Thanks for checking in with me Gale. I hope you had a great week. I'm guessing yes, since you're here
Old 06-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #8  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I have a Schwinn double stroller and love it. I mainly use it for walking on trails and such, but my friend runs with it and says it's awesome for running too.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #9  

Holy cow Jennylou! 67 pounds lost? Nice! And Gale 38. I'm depressed these last few days. My second post partum period is due anytime...so that might be part of it.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #10  
By God's Grace

Zoe - I'm sorry you're struggling with depression these last few days. I always get that way a couple of days before my period, too.

I hope you feel better soon! Maybe try to get out for a walk after your DH comes home or something. Exercise always makes me feel a little bit better, seems to help wash away the blues.