South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #1  

Default Garbanzo Bean Flour

I know this has been up for discussion in the past but I couldn't find the post on it. I also have seen it discussed in another message board for southbeach. Would it really hurt to use it during phase I? I breaded some chicken tenders with it and baked it in the oven and they turned out so good also did onion rings. I made up a recipe to make bread from it and actually tasted pretty good
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'd certainly defer my answer to someone else, if they have better knowledge than I.

I wouldn't include it, or any other alternative flour during P1. Even though garbanzo beans are allowed the process of turning the GB's into flour makes it far more processed and would affect how fast your blood glucose level would rise after eating it. The garbanzo flour bread would spike your BS far quicker than eating the beans.

That said, I wouldn't panic about using it. I'd just discontinue and continue along your P1. Once you finish P1, it can be added following some of the suggestions for adding P2 foods.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I'd probably avoid it during phase one, but I wouldn't necessarily avoid it during a "phase one repeat"

I just bought it for the first time yesterday and I made the most delicious baked veggie pakoras. SO GOOD.
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote