South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/129/125

Question Human Yo Yo!

Hi all,

I have been on and off SB for a few months and LOVE it. My problem is, I give up easily! I was 3 pounds away from my goal and then just lost it and gained back everything I had lost. Any tips on how to get back on track? Should I do Phase 1 again or just start with Phase 2? I love the diet, it is a realistic and enjoyable way to eat. I just need to figure out how to get back on track and stay on track!

Thanks all!
st2b125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Me personally.... I would do phase 1 again and it will jump start your weight loss. Maybe do it for only one week. Maybe two see how you feel.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

If you're not having cravings, you're probably ok with easing back into phase 2. if you are having cravings, give yourself 3-4 days of phase 1 before easing into phase 2.

As far as the giving up easily is concerned, I don't know what to tell you. This is the best thing you can do for yourself, you deserve and owe it to yourself.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #4  

Thanks so much! I am definitely in craving mode so I think doing Phase 1 for at least a week to try and kick them is a good idea. I feel so much better when I do it - I think that is the thing I need to remember. Walking around with tight pants is not the feeling I wish I sustain! Thanks all. I find this board a great source of information and support (I have been lurking for a bit). Look forward to chatting with you all.
Steph
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #5  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back to the Beach Steph! It sounds like you've got the right attitude and dedication to make this work! Do you know why you fell off the bandwagon last time? Some analysis and planning now might help you prevent a repeat later. Was it the holidays? A vacation? Getting sick? Feeling deprived? Feeling depressed? Inconvenience? What made you give up?
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Hi Steph, great job losing in the first place and getting yourself back on track. Though I've been gaining and losing the same 15 lbs for the last 15 years this is my first time on SBD and also love this way of eating.

Do you have any advice on what you would do differently when you lose it again? Was sugar the problem for you? Sugar is such a major trigger for me, I don't know if I can add much back in later.

Thanks for your help and good luck getting back on track.

Nancy
nanjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

I am a yo-yo too. I've reached goal THREE times with SB then gained some or all back once I hit PH3. My advice from lots of painful experience - do a complete PH1. When I tried to start again without it, I was never successful. Good luck!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #8  

Great idea to analyze what tripped me up in the past. I work full time and go to school at night and have a husband, kids, house, etc. So a pretty full plate and I let the diet thing slide waaay too easily. I have been on a break from school this week and took some time to plan out my dinners for the next two months. I am hoping by doing that, I will avoid falling off the SB wagon due to lack of preparation. I lose all of my carb cravings when I stick to the plan and feel so much better. But I get lazy, let other things take precendent and just lose focus. So I think planning is the key for me right now, even tracking my food (something I enjoyed about weight watchers) just to keep me on track. I also have my sister who is starting SB next week - the buddy system will definitely help me. And seeing the great results not only in myself but with others on here does motivate me. I just need to get prepared!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Thanks Steph and Waisting Time. I did like tracking on WW too and have started on Fitday and it's free! I wish I had known about fitday when I was on WW and saved some money. Between Fitday and SBD I hope to finally get it off and keep it off.

Steph, sounds like you have a very good plan, I am sure you will succeed. Having a buddy I find is especially motivating.

Nancy
nanjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'm having my first success ever staying on track for an extended period of time by being an active participant in this forum and checking in every single day.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote