South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #1  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Default Foods with teeny bits of sugar?

I have two favorites that I want to use this week as I do a Phase One (for seven days). I started a new medicine that makes we wake up at all times of the night RAVENOUS. I'm sure some of you can guess what it is . . .

So, the two foods I want to use this week are 1. Steam Fresh Cauliflower w/Garlic sauce (1 gram of carbs per 1 cup serving) and diet cranberry juice with 2g of carbs per 1 cup serving. I have used salad dressing with up to 3g of carbs for just a tablespoon full.

Is that too much of a stretch for Phase One? I mean, it really is a tiny amount and those are two of my favorites that will really help me get through the day!

Thoughts?
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You say carbs but what kind of carbs? Read the ingredients as they may be carbs from fruit or beans rather than real sugar.

Sugar (sucralose) is not allowed on Phase I. Other carbs such as fructose and lactose are allowed as are the carbs from legumes.

Remember this is a GOOD carb rather than a low carb plan!

... and I have no idea what kind of meds you are on that make you wake up ravenous!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

The ingredients are more important than the carb count for the cauliflower and the dressing. I think any juice is completely out of the question for Phase 1. It just hits your body too hard during the detox phase (or even in Phase 2 IMO)

ETA - dueling answers isn't sucralose just splenda? I think sucrose is table sugar

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-29-2011 at 05:52 PM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Right! Duh!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote