Old 05-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #1  

Smile Summer Fitness

Here's the scoop! I used to use this forum a lot, but lost my nickname and password, so I've started a new one. I have been on a journey to lose weight most of my adult life, but most seriously since January 2010. Up until the end of April I had lost 75 pounds. Then life happened, sick family members, on top of other stressful events, I got off track and pretty much just gave up. Well, I don't want to quit, but I also don't want the scale to control me. So my focus for the summer will be fitness. I am fortunate to be a teacher and have the entire summer to focus on this... So here is my challenge for anyone who would like to join me and check in regularly Ill be weighing in on Monday, May 30, Memorial day. I will not weigh in again until August 15th 2011, the first day back to school. While I hope to shed some serious poundage during this time, my main focus will be on eating great and getting in a run and planned 60- 90minute workout, five days a week. Requirements in this challenge do not include not weighing, if you need that scale, feel free to use it and post your progress. My challenge is for us to focus on fitness, please post your plan and keep checking in to let us know how its going for you. Make sure you leave some starting stats to compare with on August 15, when the challenge ends. Anyone is welcome to join anytime during the summer! I will be posting all my starting stats on Monday, weight and measurements.

Last edited by a hazel; 05-28-2011 at 08:14 PM.
a hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #2  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

Hi there
Welcome back to the forum! I'm all in for this one! I weighed yesterday so I'm just going to use that as my starting stat.. Maybe I'll measure my thighs tomorrow morning, and use that as well. I may or may not weigh during it. But I'll be sure to update Excited to see yours, mine, and everyone elses progress!!

My plan:
Gym 5-6 days a week ----
Including either 50 minutes of cardio
OR
30 minutes of toning + 30 minutes of cardio

Starting weight May 27, 2011: 228lb
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #3  

Great to have you mypinkpolkadots! So excited to see what we can accomplish!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #4  

Home from the store with everything I need to make better eating choices... The rest is up to me, ready to start this tomorrow morning!

Here is the plan for tomorrow
Cereal and fruit for breakfast, salad with chicken and veggies for lunch, and some kind of tortilla pizza for dinner with healthy snacking along the way. My workout for tomorrow will include a short run/walk in the morning, then sometime during the day I will do 20 min turbo jam video, the standing part of ab jam and chalene extreme burn circuit 1.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I run an inhome day care and keep mainly teachers kids. SO I will have the summer off for the most part.I will have a toddler daily but I can work out with him here. I need this challenge. I will be starting out the new school year with a newborn and a toddler.I will need the energy!
So today my weight was 232. I will weigh in weekly. I dont have a tape measure handy but will make sure I get one soon.
I will eat healty within my calorie range and drink my water daily. I will get in 40 min of exercise daily. The daily exercise is going to be the hard part for me.Im lazy when it comes to exercise but I know its the only way I will lose the rest of my weight.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #6  

So glad you are going to be joining us dgramie!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #7  

Ok, I weighed this morning and thought I was going to cry. I am back up 15 pounds. Very disappointed, at least it wasn't the whole 75, haha Well I guess I have to start somewhere and I am starting the morning at 210. I haven't measured yet but will do that later today and post it as well. So far today I have gotten in my walk/run and my TurboJam. Eating has been good as well
Old 05-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #8  
*Buttercup*

15 pounds isn't much, and I'm sure you'll drop that pretty quick, since most people lose a good amount at the beginning! stay strong
Old 05-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #9  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I would love to join in on this challenge. I would also like to not weigh in until August. Which will be easy since I don't even own a scale. I weighed myself 2 weeks ago at my friend's house and I was 210. Since then I've started working out (yoga/walking & toning) and eating better (went grocery shopping at Trader Joe's and bought healthier choices) so hopefully that will help me lose at least 20 lbs. this summer. This last week I worked out 3 times. I would like to up that to 5 times a week. And continue to eat fresh, healthy, & if able organic foods. I always drink a lot of water so that's covered. What I need to work on is sleep. So I'm looking forward to this journey with all of you. Good luck!
StNessa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #10  
Isla's mommy

1 hour of yoga today! Bob kicks my butt & I like it
Old 05-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi ya'll, I would love to join also! I am also a teacher and have the entire summer off, except for summer classes (Grad School). I will be weighing in weekly, however; I will focusing mainly on healthy eating and fitness also. I am going to do my best to stick to at least 5 workouts per week. I plan to vary my workouts using the C25K program, 30DS, Zumba, and maybe some Yoga and other strength workouts.

My SW is 200.2. I will take measurements as soon as I can find a tape measure
Live Laugh Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #12  

So happy to have Live Laugh Love and StNessa joining us!
Today was my last day of work, so I'm all in now. I stuck to plan yesterday and am working on it today. I haven't got in any exercise yet but hope to pop in TurboJam in a few and heading out for a walk a little later this evening. I am VERY sore from working out yesterday... feels good
Still haven't measured, hopefully I'll get that done in the morning!
I have a feeling I won't be able to keep myself from weighing though, I'm already so tempted. As much as it gets me down if the numbers don't do what I think they should do, it's also a great encourager to see it going down. Going to think on that one a little longer... If there was one part of my plan I "failed" at this summer, the not getting on the scale would be the one I would choose.
Hope everyone is having a great day and sticking with your plan!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 PM   #13  
Isla's mommy

I know I should be doing this for myself & ultimately I am but I'm the type of person that needs to have a reason, a goal, a motivator... and mine is a boy. A silly silly boy. But I'll use him to keep me going!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #14  
*Buttercup*

One of my BIG motivators is my boyfriend. I don't think it's silly. He already loves me AND my body as it is now. But I wanna be perfect for him (even if he already thinks I am). Also, I wanna be healthy so when we start having babies it won't be an issue
Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #15  
Isla's mommy

Your motivation makes more sense than mine! Mine is a guy that I'm friends with. I just want him to think I look good. It really is silly. Just completely silly! But I'm using it to get me where I want to be.