Old 05-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #1  

Unhappy God, I cheated

I feel horrible, I actually feel gross. I have been doing so well, having stalls in weight loss, but this week was TOM and it is horribly bad, so I had two handfuls of chocolate chips, I could not even stop myself and I feel miserable and horrible. How much damage have I done, I go for WI tomorrow and I am horrified. TIA
rjslilmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #2  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi rjslilmommie,

I went on vacation last week and ended up cheating over the weekend :-( The guilt was pretty bad at first but now I'm ok, just more dedicated to get back into Ketosis:-) I don't think chocolate chips will do much damage except for maybe kicking you out of ketosis. I was off plan for 2 whole days (ate bbq, ice cream, cake and pizza!) and only gained 2 lbs. Don't beat yourself up too much, just work harder to get back on plan :-)

Good luck!
FirstDietVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/141/120

Height: 5'5

Dont beat yourself up over your cheat Rjslilmommie. Take it in stride and live and learn to keep on track.

I too cheated in Week 2 a couple of times and I looked at the good - I ate 4 potato chips and felt guilty too but I figured I could have eaten the whole bag. I am starting Week 3 and going for my second weigh in on Thursday so i will let you know if and how much it set me back.

I am thinking like FirstDietVA mentioned we probably have to get our body back to ketosis so today I am keeping to the diet to reap the benefits in the long run. I look back and my cheats were not worth it so its keeping me strong to stay committed. Easier said than done but it has reconfirmed my commitment to not stray.

Stay strong and I will stay strong too!
Moonkakaladda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/212/160

Height: 5'7

I had a cheat early on in my journey around week 3 but it wasn't because I wanted to. I had the flu and couldn't keep anything down so I ate a piece of toast and chicken soup for 2 days. It stalled me for a week or so, kicked me out of ketosis I am sure but stayed strong ever sense. It was good to learn what one day can do to your momentum.
cesteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/212/160

Height: 5'7

Just learn from it and move on. stay stong and you will win....
cesteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Throw away the chocolate chips!
Or freeze them for later.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote