South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

Default McDonalds Asian Salad

Okay, so I have quite a few coupons for a free Asian salad from McDonalds. I am wondering how on plan they are? They have 12 grams of sugar without using the dressing. In a week I am driving from AZ to NY, and although I am packing a small cooler I know I will be stopping from time to time. I was thinking that this could be a cheap way to have on plan fast food. Actually, I just noticed they can only be used in AZ, so I may have one before I leave but only if it is okay to have. If not, thats fine too. And, while I am on the topic, does anyone have any advice for eating while moving? I am bringing myself, 2 large dogs and 3 cats so a sit down place isn't an option. I will have the cooler though. Thanks!
BeTrueToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I don't know what the ingredients are in that Asian salad, but with 12 grams of sugar (without the dressing, even!), I would avoid it. Why is there sugar in the salad in the first place, anyway?
Since you'll have a cooler, why don't you just pack your own salad makings in separate containers, and mix yourself up a healthy OP salad when you stop to eat? You could add things like roasted chickpeas, lowfat cheese, and nuts to jazz it up. As for other food ideas, you could take along yogurt, deli meat and cheese wrapped around celery sticks, raw veggies with hummus or ranch dressing for dipping, and string cheese. If you are on Phase 2, you could also take along fruit such as apples and grapes, and make sandwich wraps with ww pita or flat-out bread.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It looks like the carbs are from the mandarin oranges (may be canned in syrup) and the orange glaze on the chicken (I would bet that contains several sugars including HFCS). You can order it without those but without the chicken or other protein it won't be very filling. (via the internet, I don't ever eat at McDonalds)
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #4  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Ask for no oranges, and is there just a regular grilled chicken breast?
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

We're talking McDonalds...their "healthy" oatmeal has more sugar than a Snickers bar!!! I'd go w/ another restaurant or just take a cooler packed w/ salads fixed at home.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:42 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmmm - I just got a couple of coupons for their healthy salads. I guess I'll check out the nutritional content before I decide whether or not to use them.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

I gave the coupons away to students yesterday So that is over with. Thank you for the advice
BeTrueToYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good for you!!! By the way, if you haven't already, I'd suggest picking up the South Beach Guide to Dining Out.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote