Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Thoughts on TCC and actively trying to lose weight at the same time?

Hey ladies, wanted to get some feedback. DH and I are wanting to try for baby #2 (our DD just turned 2 in March) and originally we were going to wait until Nov, but now we are thinking possibly August

So...
I am currently 195 with a goal weight of 165. However, I lost weight with my first pregnancy. Food made me vomit for the first 5 months. I lost 20lbs by 2nd trimester. But I was fat, so the doc didn't care. I really want to get to goal by August, but I am a realist. These last few pounds are creeping off. So I anticipate being anywhere from 175-180lbs in August, which would mean I'd still be needing to lose the last 10-15lbs. So, when I start trying to conceive should I immediately give up the calories for loss and start on maintenance? Or go ahead with my reduced calories until I confirm pregnancy?

What do you ladies think? Thanks for reading.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #2  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I'd go ahead with the reduced calories until you're sure you're pregnant. There's no harm in losing that weight while TTC as long as you're getting proper nutrition. It may even help you conceive faster (something about the estrogen in fat being released into your body while losing weight and helping the hormone balance or something). I know I was actively losing weight when I conceived both my second and third kids. :-)
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, we don't have fertility issues. It usually takes one time for us. DH looks at me and I'm preggers, LOL!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote