Mini-Goal Photo Album Share your photos along the way and show us how far you've come!

Old 05-16-2011, 12:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Warrior Dash CONQUERED!!!

So I've done several 5Ks (one every month so far this year) and I decided that I wanted to try the Warrior Dash. I talked my bestfriend, her wife, my cousin Connie, and my friend Que into doing the Dash w/ me. Saturday we ran in the 6:30 PM wave. WE HAD A BLAST!!! Challenging, for sure, and much tougher than I expected mainly due to the fact that most of the running was done going UP the mountain. But oh what a feeling of accomplishment when you cross that finish line. I would encourage anybody that wants to do it to sign up...but do it quick, b/c spots go fast!!!

Here's the pics.

Wow...what a BLAST that was!!! Tougher than I expected it to be, but mostly b/c the majority of the running was going UP the mountain through very muddy terrain. The obstacles were challenging, but doable (except the 12 foot wall which I could not climb over, unfortunately, but am RESOLVED to do w/o fail next year). Definitely got muddy and dirty but OMG, it was SO much fun. My legs and knee caps are scratched up and bruised...it's like a badge of honor, LOL

So without further ado...here's my pictures.

This is our group before we got ready to head out. That's me in the back in the pink shirt, my cousin Connie in the cowboy hat, my bestfriend Elizabeth in the other pink shirt, her wife Brandi in the blue tie-dye shirt, and my friend Que in the black tanktop and shorts.

The shuttle ride to the dash. Our driver has lived in the mountains for 27 years and is VERY comfortable driving the roads. 35 - 40 mph going down the mountain.

Our group at the entrance to the Warrior Dash. The extra female standing next to Que is her wife, Spoon. She was our cheerleader and personal photographer, LOL

The flames were our starting pistol, LOL

Navigating through muddy tires.

That's me coming over the floating log and that's my cousin, Connie, behind me.

Jumping the flames just before the finish line.

Our team after finishing the dash.

And donating our muddy sneakers to a good cause.

Just before jumping in the shower.

My battle scars!!!

I have 180 photos so I just picked some of them to share w/ you.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:29 AM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Sounds like fun! Congrats on finishing!

Whats the deal with the wall? There is just a 12 foot high wall you're supposed to get over? Is there a rope?
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:37 AM   #3  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

It is fun and so much fun to get dirty like a little kid again. Glad you had fun and went for it. My son and I did the Warrior Dash this year too and had a great time.

JohnP-the wall has a rope and foot holds. You do have to have some pretty good upper body strength to propel yourself over it.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:55 AM   #4  

Yep, exactly what milmin said. All my strength is in my legs...my upper body strength SUCKS. I tried going up the side and using the frame to brace myself but still couldn't get past the 2nd step. Next year...next year.

Here's a picture of it and my friend, Carl, conquering it.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #5  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 211/*ticker*/TBD!

Height: 5'6

Wow! Good for you guys!! That looks like a lot of fun! What a great excuse to play in the mud! hahaha!
linalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Great shot of the wall! You'll get over that wall next year no problem.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #7  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

That's so awesome!! I'm doing the Warrior Dash on 6/4... I'm so nervous!! Eeeekk!

I had a question or two, do you mind answering them?

1) It's totally okay if you can't get up the wall and go around? My stregnth is in my legs from running, but my arms are lacking, lol...

2) Did you stay with your friends or did you all go at your own pace? My DH and I are doing it with another couple, so we weren't sure what to do.. We are not as fit as they are, even though I've lost 50+lbs and my DH has lost 20some...

I can't see the pics, but I'm sure they are GREAT! I was so worried that I was going to be the biggest gal there, but I'm gonna check your pics when I get home and make sure. I've done some 5K's, so I hope I'm prepared enough.. I guess I'll find out!!

Last edited by kateleestar; 05-17-2011 at 10:02 AM.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
I had a question or two, do you mind answering them?
Not at all!!!

Quote:
1) It's totally okay if you can't get up the wall and go around? My stregnth is in my legs from running, but my arms are lacking, lol...
Yes ma'am, it is. I have the same problem and could not make it up the wall this time (by the way, I've been corrected, it's 20 feet tall instead of 12 like I said).

Quote:
2) Did you stay with your friends or did you all go at your own pace? My DH and I are doing it with another couple, so we weren't sure what to do.. We are not as fit as they are, even though I've lost 50+lbs and my DH has lost 20some...
Everyone went at their own pace. My bestfriend and her wife kinda stayed together and me and my cousin stayed close w/ me being a little bit ahead. I stopped several times to go back and check on her b/c I was concerned she would give up and I wanted to cheer her on. She told me later that she was very close to giving up and me cheering her on is what made her keep going.

You will have A BLAST. Aside from the 20 foot wall, the obstacles are very doable.

Quote:
I can't see the pics, but I'm sure they are GREAT! I was so worried that I was going to be the biggest gal there, but I'm gonna check your pics when I get home and make sure. I've done some 5K's, so I hope I'm prepared enough.. I guess I'll find out!!
I doubt you'll be the biggest girl there. But to answer your question, you're almost 50 pounds lighter than I am.

Last edited by Natasha1534; 05-17-2011 at 09:11 PM.