South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 04:13 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat-Wednesday, May 11

Good Morning

I tiptoed quietly downstairs this morning thinking that if I didn't wake anyone up that I would have some time to myself...so far so good. It seems I haven't had much of that lately. The coffee is almost done. I'm going to enjoy my time here then possibly tiptoe back up to bed for awhile. Several cars have gone by and I can see reflections of the headlights. We have had some rain. At least it's not the snow which was predicted up above last night.

Ill go back up to the little houses this morning. Yesterday I had a great idea; I called a local historian to look at all these old books. She came over and didn't find one to take. At that point, I went and got Kirk...told him that I wanted to put them all in the car. We loaded them all up, drove to Denver and had a used bookstore take a look. They were kind, saying they were great books but they didn't have any use for them. I drove 3 blocks to Goodwill, took a deep breath and had two strong volunteers joyfully offload more than 100 years worth of books. I swiped one. Wow. The bookcase is done. If I have second thoughts they're having a big sale this weekend and I can go buy them back.

What's up in your world today? I've got to say, this has been my easiest week for months, with all my menus planned. It has really helped me to stay OP. Have a great OP day, everyone!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Good for you Debbie. Nothing is irreplaceable except relationships, but clutter can really cloud our minds and our hearts. I once saw one of those "experts" on tv who said "If you love it, display it for all to see. Otherwise it is useless in a box or drawer." I always think of that when I am considering keeping something. And, think of the joy one of those books could bring someone who is looking for just that one special book.

Yesterday was a weird day. We were sort of "evacuated" from our offices (given the opportunity to work someplace else on campus) because of fumes from construction. I was placed in an office with furniture from the 1970s (literally) and a functioning computer on a floor filled with faculty offices. What a different vibe - absolutely no "bs." I got a lot done, even my status report, which is one of the things I wanted to get done before I left for vacation. Then I had to leave a bit early to take my son to the dr. before we go away. He had a "thick" sounding voice and I just wanted to have him checked out even though he has no other symptoms. Turns out he has an active strep infection AGAIN, 3rd one in less than a month. So he's on antibiotics again, a stronger dosage, and I've got to take them away with us and keep them refrigerated as I do so! Luckily I do have a little insulated bag for this kind of thing.

As for today, more finishing up loose ends and then tonight I've got to get started on my own packing. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie, nice work with the books! Enjoy your 'alone time' this morning.

Hi Matilda, I'm so sorry to read that your son is sick again! The poor little guy. Too bad you couldn't have those evacuations at work more often, eh? How great you were able to get so much done yesterday.

The sun is shining, I can hear the birds singing, our son is home for a visit for a few days and one of my biggest sources of stress at work changed for the better yesterday so I'm feeling great this morning!

Today is my 'long' day - meetings before and after school, then youth group tonight. I need to squeeze some more housecleaning in somewhere because my mom is coming for a few days to see our son graduate tomorrow night. I've been so busy that I haven't been doing much cooking, Fergie's been doing the bulk of it. He's a good cook and I sure appreciate having meals ready when I get home but I haven't been getting enough vegetables and my proteins haven't been as lean as I like. I'm hoping things will slow down some after this weekend, I've got to get back on track.

Enjoy your Wednesday, friends!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, EarlyBirds and thanks for starting us up.

Debbie, I have a hard time getting rid of books and I have tons of them. I swear my DH bought one book a week! He also inherited a lot from his brother who had the same affliction. I see a massive purge in my future.

Matilda, that sounds like a relief from some of the bs you've been undergoing. I hope the meds nip your DS's strep throat in the bud although it sounds like you aren't going to let it ruin your holiday.

I'm tired this morning for some reason although I slept from ten to five. Today I'm off for my quarterly cleaning at the dentist and may feel up for some shopping while in town. If I have to drive for nearly an hour I need to make it worthwhile. I have a shiny black Impala rental car which should make the drive more fun. I'm hoping to be home soon after lunch and work in some gardening. I'm taking my lunch along to avoid the fatal Chines buffet.

Looks like a gorgeous Spring day. I hope you can steal a smidgen of time to enjoy it.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Heidi. Isn't it nice to have someone cook for you. My Harry was a great cook and I really appreciated it, especially in BBQ season. Enjoy your day - it's always so good to start off feeling great!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's supposed to be another perfect spring day around here and it's another comp day off for me. Yesterday I did the Trader Joe/Whole Food run and refilled the fridge and freezer. Then I mowed a chunk of the lawn (about 1/3 is still too wet to mow). Some local asparagus on the grill and a glass of wine was the perfect end to the day. Today will be another catch-up around here day. I'm going to mow the rest of the dry lawn then work on cleaning the house. I'm looking forward to having everything "back to normal" when we leave for Maine.

Debbie - Thanks for the inspiration!

Mathilda- Wow, good catch. I got silent strep infections when I was in college. I hope this prescription (and time away) is the charm.

Heidi - So glad you are feeling on top of the world this morning. Enjoy your visit.

Ruth - I love to BBQ and you are welcome for dinner any night!

Today is DD's day off so we will grab some time to talk. Between both our jobs and her busy life it's hard to find a chunk of time to check-in. She wants to do the Boston AIDS walk and thanks to Natasha's inspiration I think I'll do it with her. She ran it a few years ago but is willing to walk it with me

We are going to start the day with a bird walk at our Cove For now I'll have another cup of coffee and see what's been happening out in 3FC land. Happy Hump Day friends!

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-11-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

We did it! Ordered the appliances last night. Even got a better deal than expected which led to a last minute dishwasher upgrade. Then we got home and DH pulled out our old stove and discovered it is hard-wired in so now we are in a rush to find an electrician to install a plug before the deliver on Monday or we have to reschedule. So still stressful but soon to be over

I have my annual mammogram today then tonight is the senior awards program. When we went for my older son 3 years ago they sent us home midway thru due to tornado warnings!

Many niggles.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Hump Day!

Debbie, that was great idea to unload the books at Goodwill. Now just don't go buying them back, ! I used to have a very hard time parting with "stuff", but it's gotten much easier and now I actuallly enjoying decluttering to the point that Jake has to hide things from me.

Matilda, I know you feel good about getting so much work accomplished yesterday before vacation! That's a shame about your DS being sick again, the poor little tyke sure has had a time of it. I hope the meds have him feeling better real soon.

Heidi, you are so fortunate that Fergie enjoys cooking. Now that Jake is semi-retired, I'm trying to encourage him to cook more, but it's slow going. His excuse is, "But I don't know what you eat". Enjoy your visit from Mom. What is your DS graduating from?

Ruth, yuck to the dental visit today, but maybe you can make up for it with the nice trip to the garden center. Anything in particular you're looking for?

Cyndi, I am so envious of your vacation in Maine and wish I could join you! I really miss my GD going to school in Bar Harbor and our frequent trips up there to visit her. I need to schedule a trip to Trader Joe's soon, too, to stock up. Perhaps this weekend.

Let's see - it's Wednesday so that means spending the morning at Susie & Ramsay's, then I plan to spend the afternoon weeding the girls' garden and Cindy's flower beds before it's time to get the girls at school. They have Pony Club today, so that means I can come home early and play in my own garden! I need to harvest my Swiss chard and I'm looking forward to one of my favorite meals, greens & beans for supper!

Off now to pick some rhubarb to make some strawberry rhubarb sauce to top my oatmeal.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

"Terapet, you and I are the same height and weight, my goal weight is similar to yours, but before SBD I never hoped I could get to that weight, especially at 49. You inspire me!"

nanjmc-Than you for the nice comment. I find that quite inspiring! Turns out we are close in age as well as weight and height. I am 52. I have been overweight most of the last 15 years. I cannot not tell you what a relief it was to lose 25 pounds last year. I am so much happier and comfortable with myself. Plus, I love clothes shopping which was unpleasant when I was larger. I actually weighed ten pounds less a few months ago but I was eating too much during the winter. I am doing better lately so hopefully I can get back there. Good luck in your weight loss journey. You can do it!

Heidi58-Thanks for the recipe. I should try it but I am really going to miss those protein bars. I called those my doughnuts because the maple and chocolate flavors reminded me of my favorite doughnut icings! I am so wierd. I replaced candy with my new fave-----prunes! They are really sweet!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

I am dragging this morning, very sore thighs from my new workout schedule this week (It's a good sore as you know you are working them good). Today is Day 3 of Phase 1 for me and I think the cravings are gone, when you feel this good you wonder how you slip up with eating op.

Debbie- That is a great thing you did, I did some of that from the garage, DH had lots of files from before he retired from work out there. I put quite the load out for pickup this morning. I intent to hit a different corner of the garage this weekend and do the same thing. I probably need to get rid of books inside our house as well we have 8 bookcases scattered throughout the house and no room for anymore books

Cyndi enjoy your comp day

Matilda glad you got a lot accomplished and sorry to hear about DS being sick again

Karen that is great that you found some great deals.

Heidi- hopefully your day will go quickly

Ruth- enjoy the ride, I love getting rentals

Terapet- You really should try the "nessa bars" you can add lots of good stuff in them. I normally added cranberries and semi sweet chips and banana and sf applesauce- that sounds so good- once I am on Phase 2 I am going to make some

Tonight is almost free- just have to sign up DD2 for Swim team. Maybe I will get cracking on putting together the scrapbooks for DD1 Graduation Party only 12 more days til.

Make it a great day everyone
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I tried to get back earlier but couldn't get on the net, so I did go back to bed. I woke up 2 hrs. later to 2 inches of snow. The hedges(honeysuckle) will need to be shaken off before they break. Fortunately, I will offer to make DH breakfast while HE does it.

Matilda, I'll echo all...so sorry your DS is still checking positive. It's a good thing you had him checked. That's such a nice quote from the experts...I don't believe my mom was watching that show. These books were her original project-35 years ago. Glad to hear you'll still be ok for travelling with the insulated medical bag.

Heidi, I'm glad your DS is visiting AND the biggest source of stress at work has changed for the better.

Ruth, I have lots of books, too, but they are "mine" and I like them. Yay for shopping after your dental work. Kudos for taking your lunch to avoid the fatal Chinese buffet!

Cyndi, your yesterday sounded quite nice. I hope you have another on deck for today. Happy birding!

Karen, congrats on appliance ordering! Have fun tonight-I hope you are tornado warning free!

Linda, yay for an early day home and for a garden awaiting you. Rhubarb sauce on oatmeal sounds yummy!

TERAPET, I was like you, gaining over the winter. I got serious again mid-Feb. and I'm happy to report those 14 pounds came right back off while focusing on exercising AND eating OP. Welcome to our group. Congrats on your WL, so far!

Pearlrose, it must be the season for decluttering! It is good exercise, too! It sounds like your new exercise plan will be a success and YAY for OP eating!

I need to get upstairs...I talked DH into exercising this morning so I'd be motivated to get my 10 miles in on my recumbent bike. If I don't start soon I'll be riding alone.

Have a great OP day, everyone!

to everyone yet to come!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-11-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/164/150

Height: 5'11"

I just started SB last week and found this site a couple days ago. I love all the recipes and especially all the support! I had a rough day yesterday. Apparently from what someone told me on here I had the SB flu, but didn't know it. I got pretty bummed and while buying a sympathy card for a friend I bought a chocolate bar for me. Bad idea. I'm back on track today though!

I think I need more beans in my diet. So this morning I baked the bean muffins from the phase 1 breakfast forum. I just took them out of the oven and they smell delicious. I might have to eat one for my afternoon snack today because I'm not sure if I can wait until tomorrow morning!

Thanks to all of you great ladies who post on this site and make it so wonderful. I'll be on here a lot from now on and hopefully will get to know some of you. Have an awesome day!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Alice and

Congrats on your weightloss, so far, and kudos for finding the enthusiasm and motivation to keep on going! Yeah, the SB flu, as they call it sure makes you think you want to eat sugar. It's great that you got right back on track. I haven't ever tried the bean muffins....I think I'll put it on my list.

It continues to snow. I did my 10 miles and did the hedges myself. I think I am going to go upstairs and sew. I think I deserve it.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Welcome Back, dizzielillie! Sorry, I couldn't open your post from my computer.

ETA-Finally quit snowing. We got 6 wet inches and it's melting already.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-11-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Closed Thread