Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 12:51 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready to Try Again... # 333

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 05-12-2003, 12:55 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Carrot Cake and More

Hello Ladies, I'm sorry I didn't get to post this yesterday like I promised, but here it is at last. My hubby took me to the hotsprings last night for mother's day. (There are some in Wyoming that are free and we went there.) Anyway, I typed this long post yesterday and then my cat unplugged my computer before I could submit it. Hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day

Carrot Cake

1 C. Applesauce
¾ C. Granulated sugar + ¾ C. Brown sugar (Or 1 ½ C. Brown sugar)
1 ½ C. Water
4 C. Unbleached flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 ½ tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Allspice
3 C. Grated raw carrots
¾ C. Raisins
Optional: 1 C. Chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9”x 13” pan with cooking spray and lightly flour. Blend applesauce and sugar, add water and beat. Sift the flour with remaining ingredients except for carrots, raisins, and nuts. (I don’t usually sift these together, but it does make a finer texture.) Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix. Add carrots, raisins and nuts and mix well. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

If you don't add nuts this has no fat in it. I generally add more carrots and you could probably cut the sugar some more too. I usually make a cream cheese icing for this, but I don't really have a recipe for that. I just us fat free cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Just keep adding sugar until you get a good texture and taste. My hubby loves this cake. (He didn't know carrot cake had carrots in it until I made this. )

I start school today. I have all my notes here to do individual replies, but I just don't have time right now. I will get back to you tonight ladies. Until then, stay out of trouble. I was getting ready to post this and 2Cute started a new thread. Glad I caughte it when I did.

Old 05-12-2003, 12:58 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Howdy pardners!!! Glad you mozied over to the new thread to shoot the breeze. Pull up a stump and sit a spell. Bring on the new posts. LOL

Okay.. enough hick talk. LOL
I don't know what got into me. ???? LOL

I really don't have time to post. I am jealous that tracey is going to meet Tina.
But... I am meeting 3 ladies from another group I post in.
I like them... but I LOVE you guys here. YOU are my family... they are just fellow posters who happen to be visiting relatives in a near by town. I am looking forward to it.... but I wish it were my friends here too.

I HAVE to lose this weight so I can plan a weekend fun filled get together for all of us. NEXT SPRING ladies... start saving your money.... I am going to plan it once I lose some more weight.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:22 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Default I'm in!

You just name the time and place...I'll be there!

And if it's next Spring, I intend to be at goal! Anyone else?
Old 05-12-2003, 01:26 PM   #5  

Arrrrgh....I didn't even want to MOVE this morning! We still have wind advisories, and it is only 49 degrees and raining to boot. Evidently, Mother Nature forgot it was MAY

Well, I was supposed to have a dentist appointment tomorrow , but I got sort of a 'reprieve' when the appointment got changed to the 28th! Whew! I know it is only for cleaning and checkup, but I HATE going to the dentist for anything, and by the time my teeth hurt, it's too late (I've lost a few back teeth that way)! I am going to have an eye exam Wednesday, though; Sears Optical is having a buy one pair get one pair free sale on glasses, and my insurance covers up to $125 a year on glasses or contacts. Since I am in DIRE need of glasses, I'm getting new ones this year. My contacts should be good for another year anyway.

Tina: Your furbaby is have furbabies! Awww...I love baby kittens! I guess that will make you a Grand-meowmie!

Glad to see everyone (almost everyone anyway-seems there are a few MIA yet) here and doing well and hope your Mother's Day was special.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:29 PM   #6  

Hi,
I would love to be somewhere next spring!!!

Anyway wanted to post a funny I just heard on the radio.

Nascar is the topic:
The lady DJ on the country music station I listen to was just saying that she loves Nascar and during race season she even flys a Nascar Flag outside of her home along with Old Glory. Anyway the other morning she woke up and looked outside and saw all these tiny little checkered flags poked in the front lawn, she said there must have been 100 of them. So she thought it was really funny and started calling her neighbors to find out who was the culprit. Well anyway finally someone said they didnt know but knew that she must have a get this....."BOOGGIDY WEED" problem.....LOL..... I know Tina will know what that means and for everyone who does not watch Nascar, one of the comintators "Waltrip" always says as the race begins "BOOGIDY BOOGIDY BOOGIDY" Okay, the spelling might be wrong, but I never claimed to be perfect...LOL .

TTYL
Old 05-12-2003, 02:09 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Smile Motivation Monday

This is "borrowed" from ediets...good message for today, I thought..

Don't you just love Monday's?!
I do, and I don't! They are my busiest day of the week
and also the hardest to get going. So, what's a warrior to do...dig in, work smart and get your tasks done.

Monday sets the tone for the entire week.

If you are sluggish and don't accomplish all that you want to do, then the rest of the week is spent in catch up mode.
If you charge yourself up onto high gear and get everything done that needs tending to today, the rest of the week seems to soar by in a positive way.

Make sure to get your exercise in today. I just joined a new gym and can't wait to get there for my work out.

Make sure to drink plenty of water, helping to flush out any toxins or excesses from the weekend!

Make sure to stay positive today, despite whatever is going on around you. Realize that how you approach the situation
directly affects the outcome.

Make sure you take a few minutes out to say your affirmations and reaffirm just where you are headed on this journey. Know that if you don't know where you are going, you will never get there!

Make sure to do something for someone else today. Do a favor, run an errand, give up a parking spot...just something for the benefit of someone else. It will make your heart soar!

I think that is enough for one day!

Me too!

Hey! Wanna hear something UNBELIEVABLE? My sister had the most amazing Mother's Day ever!! She came in the house from her son's track meet to hear the phone ringing...the call was to inform her that she was the Grand Prize Winner in a raffle that she had sold tickets for! (she...ahem...forgot to sell one to her sister!) The 'Sisters of Mercy' will be sending her a check for $37,000.00!!!! I'm in shock, so I can imagine how she feels! She wants to open up accounts for the two boy's college tuitions. Isn't that awesome??? So, there's some motivation to get out there, buy those lotto tickets, raffle tickets, whatever...SOMEONE has to win, right?

Have a great Monday, all!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-12-2003 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:18 PM   #8  

Morning ladys, I see you've had another busy weekend post wise, and everyone seemed to have a great Mothers Day. I don't have much time to post just had to tell you what the scale said this morning, I lost 2lbs last week.. Tina I totally understand what you Hubby said about being satisfied, I can do so good for a couple of weeks and then not try, but am able to maintain, it didn't take a day to put this weight on so as long as the #s keep on dropping and not rising, I'm okay with losing slow. Don't get me wrong I'd love to wake up tomorrow weighing 140lbs, but it's not going to happen.

Well that's all I have to say for now, check in later.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:21 PM   #9  

Hey there everyone!!
I got a hug in the parking lot from my neighbor for mothers day. LOL Now let me explain that. My husband isn't able to phone out very often, so by word of mouth he sent a "Happy Mothers Day Message" and a hug until it eventually ended up as a text message on my neighbors phone. I was in the parking lot and she came running up to me and gave me a hug. She said "That was from your husband and he says Happy Mothers Day". Strange as it sounds, I was really touched by that because it took so much effort to get that message to me.
(For those of you who don't know it, my DH is on his way to Baghdad.)

2Cute: I will probably be in Boise until August sometime. Just depends on when my surgery is scheduled and how well it goes.
I will keep you guys updated on how everything is going if you want.

Hello to everyone!! I just can't keep up with these threads!! They just fly by so fast!!

I'll talk at everyone later,
Jen
Old 05-12-2003, 02:22 PM   #10  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!!!
As promised, I am popping in for a quick lunchtime hello!

HELLO!!

I just had a salad and piece of grilled chix. It was yummy.

I caught up on all the posts, but don't have time right now to respond --- this "to do" list on my desk keeps growing. I need to dig into work!!!

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll see you later tonight!
Barb
Old 05-12-2003, 05:17 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up Let's try this again....

I just lost half a post because I accidently hit by stupid "back" button. Ok, where was I? Oh yeah....

I wore a nightgown to work today. Anyways....we thought it was really cool.

Ooooh, that's right. You didn't actually hear the story, I just typed it and lost it! Ok, I don't think I told you guys yesterday, but I did the same thing I did last Sunday. I went in and worked 3-11 and then came home, grabbed a few Zzzzz's and then went back in this morning from 7-3 and I'm exhausted. Ok, back to the nightgown. Me and my friend were "doing the double" as we called it together, so we decided today would be "slob day" and we could make it an ultra casual day. So, I have a long sleeved t-shirt type gown that comes down about to my knees, (it has teddy bears on it and it says "Beary Sweet) and I wore it, a pair of extra comfy gray workout pants and walked around in my socks all day. It was great!

Amanda: Glad you had a nice day at the hotsprings....nice of your dh to take you there. Thanks for the carrot cake recipe, it sounds really good. Good luck at school!

2cute: Your "hick talk" cracked me up! Of course, the reason I was really laughing is when you said,
Quote:
Pull up a stump and sit a spell.
I read it as...."Pull up a stump and spit a spell." I thought you really were off your rocker. Also, don't be jealous because me and Tracy are getting to meet. I've already done some "figgering" (that's my hick talk) and I'm only about 15 hours away from you and I am ALWAYS up for a good road trip and am due for some vacation! Are you game?

Kat: I'll take that challenge. I plan to be at goal too by next spring....My goal is to be in "onderland". Anyone else care to take this challenge? P.S. Thanks for the message for today...VERY good. Also congrats to your sister for winning the $$$. That's awesome!

Lori: You crack me up!
Quote:
Tina: Your furbaby is have furbabies! Awww...I love baby kittens! I guess that will make you a Grand-meowmie!
I have a seal point himalayan and she is my baby...her name is Emily and she is 2 1/2 years old. She has always been an inside cat, but we made the mistake of letting her go out just a little and before we knew it, BOOM! Knocked up. We're not terribly upset about it though. The dad is a chocolate persian and he is adorable so I bet the babies will be just 2cute.

Sandy: That was the coolest story! I would absolutely die if I got up and my yard was full of checkered flags! Of course, my only problem would be...how could I mow around all those suckers?! I have a flag hanging outside my front door too....I'll give you one guess what it has on it.

Duckie: Hey there sweetie! SOOO good to see you. I sincerely hope you had a nice Mother's Day. Also, congrats on the 2.8 lb. loss! Way to go girl!

Jen: The story about your dh sending you a "hug" was absolutely precious. I know it just had to fill your heart with pride, and I suspect...a little sadness. So glad that he thought of you in that special way.

Barb: Boy, do I know what it's like when that "to do" list keeps growing. I feel like I'm always running...but always running behind! Thank goodness I've got four days off coming up. That will give me just enough time to get the house in order before my boys mess it up again.

Alright ladies, a big to the rest of you, but I'm gonna have to get this big tail off the computer for now....that meatloaf is not gonna cook itself! Have a lovely night and I'll try to pop in later on. Take care!

Last edited by QueenB; 05-12-2003 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:08 PM   #12  

Thumbs down OMG! I Can't Believe This!!!!

Kevin Urrutia, my manager at All Star Management, emailed me earlier today about a film to be shot in Atlanta called "Sorrow is My Sister," and he wants me to be included in the film!! YAY! He emailed me the screenplay, as well as the synopsis (synopsis also available on the All-Star Management site under Future Projects )

Sandy-Nice to see you back! I would crack up laughing if I saw all those "Boogity Weeds" in my yard !

Tina--Those are going to definitely be some beautiful kittens. My Tigger is indoor/outdoor, but he is neutered. Noah goes out sometimes, but he doesn't go far, since I raised him as a housecat from the age of six months. Nice play on 2Cute's name also !

Still dreary here; likely now to see no sun until Wednesday; which will be great because the maintenance man is putting new blinds in my front window !
Old 05-12-2003, 08:36 PM   #13  
I'm on my way!

Good evening Ladies!

This is going to be a quickie...at least I think it is! I went to work today and called the doctor and they said if I could come then they would take me so I left the office and went right there. She did a throat culture for strep and said I was full of snot everywhere, my ears, my nose and my right lung! My throat was all kitty too..I know too much information! She gave me an antibiotic and my zyrtec prescription and nasonase nose spray for my allergies. I got the antibiotic filled and took that right away but my throat and ears are still hurting. John stayed home and took Andrew to the Dr. and he has an ear infection again and fluid in his lungs. They think he may have asthma. He has to go back thursday. THey gave him an antibiotic and an inhaler. I just got the mask thingy at wal-mart pharmacy for him tonight. It was $48.84 and my insurance won't pay anything for it. CVS would have charged me $62 something and they didn't have it in stock.

Anyways...I went to WI (not Wisconsin) tonight and I lost...drum roll plllleeeeaaase!! 9.2 lbs. Thats 14.6 in two weeks...Watch out Tina...I am going to catch up to you girl!! I am aiming to be in wonderland by next spring to for our spring fling! If you make it for somewhere I can drive and kid friendly I will be there! I can't get on a plane...never could and now its even worse!!

OK I gotta get the boy his medicine and changed up and get my hiney to bed. JOhn is already there...he was up late last night with Andrew so I could sleep 'cause I was so sick yesterday. BTW...he brought me home a little miniature pink rose bush for Mother's Day. I was so surprised!! We are going to plant it outside!

OK I babbled enough!! TTFN Michelle
Old 05-12-2003, 09:20 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening Gals!
Let's see.....
Exercise = done
Dinner = done
Hubby = gone
Finally finding a few minutes to catch up on the message board and reply to all!

I came home from work tonight and did a Billy Blanks "Crunch" tape. It was a lot of arms and toning. I felt the burn. The tape also had an aerobic workout --- I did a few minutes of it and got frustrated because I couldn't get the steps figured out so I hopped on the treadmill instead. I use to love doing aerobics, but it takes me awhile to find my coordination and follow the steps.

Jeff is stuck in NYC city working for the night, so it's just me and the three dogs. They are laying around chewing on bones and after I finish up here we are all going to bed.

Michelle --- WOW!!! 9.2 pounds!!! What a week you had. I hope you are still eating enough to get all you vitamins, etc. I sure hope you and Andrew get to feeling better soon. I recently started on Zyrtec and Flonase for my allergies and they have improved greatly. That was sweet of your hubby to bring you the pink rose bush. It's great to have a good man around the house!

Kat --- Your Mother's Day message was so touching. Thanks for sharing. Good for your sister --- what a great win!!! I can't imagine --- I think the most I ever won in a raffle was $100 --- of course I was about 14 at the time and it felt like a million!

Tracy ---- Sounds like you had a fun Saturday night! Karaoke --- good for you! I have never gotten up the courage to try it, but enjoy watching. So, did you make it to the gym today with your friend??? How'd it go??? I use to go to a Gold's and just ignored the buff people. For the most part there were a lot of average people. I use to try to go in off hours. Now there is a gym really close to home that I've been thinking about checking out, but for now I am doing pretty good at home so I might wait a while and save the money.

Tina --- You hubby sure sounds like one of the good guys!!! I can't complain on this end --- Jeff is a "keeper" and is very supportive! I'm still trying to picture you working in your nightgown --- where do you work? At least you were able to be comfy --- and you deserve, you've been putting in a lot of hours!! American Idol?? Me too!!! I guess it's time for Kimberly to go the week, but you never know.

Mary --- Good job on the Exercising!!! I hope that your sister's surgery went well today.

Steph ---- I'm impressed with your choices at the Outback!!! It would have been hard for me to pass on a good steak, but I am getting better and better! Keep up the good work!

Lori --- I'm glad to hear you were able to keep you feet on the ground during the horrible weather you have been getting. Can I have your autograph now before you become a famous actress?

2cute --- I loved what you said about getting excited about life!! That is so true!! We need to enjoy what we have and enjoy everyday of our life --- fat or skinny! Life is 2 short and you just never know what you'll be dealt! Someone just told me today "you are always in a good mood these days"! I guess my moods have changed now that I am taking care of myself. I need to try to remember to stay positive in good times and bad. Next Spring --- let's do it!!! Name the place and I'm there!

Aradia --- Great to see you!! Congrats on the clothes fitting! What a great feeling ---- next week on vacation I'll be wearing shorts that I haven't worn in 2 years! It felt like having all new clothes again!

Lynne --- I'm happy to hear that you had a nice mother's day with your son and new baby girl!!!

Deon --- Camping? That sounds like fun - getting away from the 'real world' and hanging out in the middle of nowhere! Glad you had a good time!

Amanda ---- The Carrot Cake sounds YUMMY!!! I'm sure I'll be trying it soon. Do you think I can substitute Splenda for the sugar and save some calories???

Duckie --- Congrats on the 2 pounds last week!!!!

Jen --- I was so touched by the message that your husband send to you!! Thank you for sharing with us.

Sandy ---- {{{HUGS}}} I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling down. Although happy to hear that it sounds like you all had a very nice Spaghetti dinner last night. Hang in there!

Phew --- I think that was everyone!!! I hope I didn't miss anyone. Well, the dogs seem to want to go out now and I want to curl up in my comfy bed!!! Have a great night!

Sweet Dreams!
Barb
Old 05-12-2003, 10:08 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Sister is fine. I exercised again today twice and bought a set of WATP tapes.
Closed Thread