Old 04-11-2011, 04:05 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly chat April 11-17th

Here it is.

I have some gaine flab to lose this week. Almost back, but not quite, to the start. i doubt I'll lose 10lbs by Easter now as its only a couple of weeks to go, but I shall be happy for anything
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry I was MIA from last week thread,Had a lot to do over the weekend.Its rainy & foggy so I'm staying in today.Now I can get some of my housework done with all the running around I did last week.

Went out with my friend Mary to see the movie Hop, we had her grandson with us. The theater was packed with kids along with fathers and grandmothers. My g-kids saw it 2 weeks ago I think the movies come out to NY earlier than we do on the Cape.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages. I wouldn't worry about losing now, once the Holiday is over you can try again that's what I'm thinking about. I wanted to lose 5 lbs this month and it isn't happening as I will be going down to my DD next Wed and she a fab cook and I will be eating everything she makes.So that going to be my down fall not the Easter Candy but the meals.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #3  

Hello ladies. Yesterday was a traveling day for me. Took me 10 1/2 hrs to drive from Florida to Kentucky. I tried to get on the road at 6 am but when I got in my car to leave, I couldn't find my cell phone. So I went back into the house to look for it. I have majicJack phone, so then I had to hook up the computer, get the majicJack running and call my cell phone. It was in the trunk of my car, in my suitcase. How did that happen??? So, 30 minutes later, I was on my way. Then my feet started swelling about half way there. There were so swollen and burned and was hurting. I stopped to get a bite to eat, and stretch a little. That helped for awhile, but by the time I got home, they were swollen, really bad. I elevated them and this morning, back to normal. I told my daughter she is driving me back to Florida and I'll pay to fly her back to KY, lol, when I return to Florida in the fall.

jojo, with all the stress you've been dealing with, it's no surprise you have gained a few pounds. With all you've told us about your mom, I know it's heartbreaking for you to see her this way. My mother in law has alzheimer and woman, as we knew her, is gone. She used to be so caring and giving, and that lady is no longer in there. Not that she isn't caring, but it's not the Jackie I remember. Such a sad disease.

Maryann, it's good to be busy. The housework will always be there. I can't imagine it being too bad with only you in the house.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you didn't do better at the craft fair. Times are tough. If the other jewelry sellers didn't do much better, then it wasn't your jewelry. Have you tried selling on Etsy? It's been getting a lot of traffic and a lot of the eBay sellers have moved over to Etsy, as it's cheaper to list your stuff there. It cost .20 to list an item up to 4 months, and if you sell something, they charge 3%. eBay went crazy with their fees, and just not worth dealing with them anymore. The only time I use them is if I have a high end item.

My house is in need of a good cleaning, so off I go.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I'm at high school and have electricity. Last night high winds came through and most folks around here, including us, are without power. I have on a cute black biker's cap.

Rhonda, have you thought of putting your jewelry in salons on consignment? I've seen your work. It should be selling. It's beautiful!!

JoJo, just lose what you can. Don't get stressed. One of the ladies from church was talking about her Easter bonnet yesterday. I am sooo tempted to get one. I love wearing hats.

Pam, I am amazed you drove by yourself. I'm glad you made it safely. Where are you in Kentucky? We used to have another Chickie here from the Lexington area. I still hear from her via Facebook.

There was a lot of destruction in our area overnight. Our insurance agent said this is "a catastrophe." We are lucky as we only had minor problems. We live in a single wide modular home and were awakened by its shaking last night. We still haven't heard for sure if we had tornadoes or straight winds. Whatever we had, I don't want any more.

Maryann, I think HOP will be a good movie. I hope to take our grands to see it.

I only have 5 students in class now. They're watching a video and, well, you can see what I'm doing. I was going to critique a screenplay a former student sent me, but I can't get my mind on doing it. Guess I'm more shook up than I'm admitting.

Did I tell you our neighbor's porch blew into our yard?

Guess I'd better go and look busy. BBL

Last edited by ontarget; 04-11-2011 at 01:52 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #5  

Oh, wow, Sandra. I didn't know you had storms. I was so tired from my trip that I relaxed and fell asleep, woke up and fell back to sleep. I hadn't listened to any news. I had gone to bed at 1:30 a.m. and was up at 5 a.m. to get ready to leave. Lack of sleep and then the long trip. My husband said I was coughing all night. I don't remember doing that. I must have been really tired, lol. I'm in Albany, south central KY. I'm about 2.5 hrs south of Lexington.

Glad you are okay. I thought we were getting storms today, but it must have missed us. You must have had more than minor damage if you called the insurance co. Hope your electricity is back on when you get home.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Just stopping in...BBL. DH's DD experienced major weather problems. They have a new house and essentially ALL of the windows blew out. There was major hail, the size of golf balls, winds 60MPH, rain, thunder, lightening. They got the baby out of her crib and before they got out of the room the window blew out, sending hail and glass into her crib! They are 30 minutes east of us. We did not have the destruction here, but did have quite a spectacular show. Kyra (doggie) was terrified and crying and whining. She did finally calm down when I took her into another bedroom with fewer windows so that she didn't see so much lightening.

Last edited by Tejas; 04-12-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #7  

Quiet around here today. Anyway, I had a great salad today at a new place. It really was just chicken breast and greens with some other veggies, seeds and parmesan cheese on the top....with a vinagrette...but it was sooo tasty.

I had a hard workout and just felt wonderful afterwards.

Pam, what do you sell on Etsy? I have thought about it, but haven't done it. I am going to get a booth at the local market on Saturdays and see what happens.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm so thankful Erin and her family are safe.

Pam, we have damage but not the extent of others around us. We feel very lucky.

We found out that what we had last night was a tornado. Power came on around 9:30 tonight. I guess the reporter is still coming in the morning to interview me for the article. I wouldn't be surprised if he cancelled, though. There's a lot of news around the area right now.

Last edited by ontarget; 04-11-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like another day of rain,so I guess it going to be another indoor project of getting my winter clothes moved upstairs to the spare bedroom.This way I don't have to go down to the basement except for laundry day.

PAM-WOW!!! You're amazing to travel all by yourself from one state to another and for that length of time. My sister does that from NY to Fla but her DH is right next to her. The house isn't that messy it just that I can't do the kitchen & bathroom floors when I have problems with my knees.It was so hard for me to strengthen & throw out things I don't need in the lower cabinet in the bathroom. as I can't kneel.

SANDRA-I enjoyed the movie HOP even though what my sister things about cartoon type of movies.They're not for her,but than she doesn't have any grandchildren. Sorry about your experiencing all those odd ball weather patterns. I heard on the weather channel it was to early for tornado to touch down at this time of the year.

RHONDA-I heard about the storms on the weather channel but I didn't think it was near any of us living in the south. TG Your DH's DD is safe windows can always be replace.

Have to go,and get going have a great day
Old 04-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Maryann, the weather bureau has confirmed there were 2 tornadoes in our county and 2 others nearby. I hate to argue with what those professionals said, but these tornadoes did touch down. There's a lot of damage around here. Maybe what they were saying is it's too early in some parts of the nation. Our part of the country gets a lot of tornado activity this time of year and has as long as I can remember.

What projects did you work on today? We still need rain even after all those storms.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #11  

Well, Sandra has already said it, but, tornadoes do touch down here. We're at the southern end of "tornado alley" and it can get quite active. There hasn't been a killer tornado in my area in decades, but they do come.

I found a new site with information about calorie expenditure, with more calculators than you can shake a stick at. It is caloriesperhour.com
Old 04-13-2011, 04:28 AM   #12  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Morning all. I'm more in the zone this week and able to concentrate on eating more sensibly.

We get tornadoes here too, but they rarely strike in towns and cities. It is a beautiful spring day in our part of the world. I dried all my washing out of doors yesterday.

It's just come on the news that there is a lack of interest in the UK about the forthcoming royal wedding. Tell us something we don't know!! I'm sure that the streets will be full on the big day though. Ms Middleton has lost stones in weight. I swear that horrible Diana ring is doing it. Most people's blood ran cold when we saw her wearing it... unlucky or not? As far as I know very few streets (none in our city) have applied for permission to hold street parties. I wish the 2 of them well, they can't help the hype
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #13  

Good Morning:

Jojo, I'm sure that there will be parties in the street. It's a wedding after all. Good luck being in the zone.

I'm off to the gym and had to let you know I'm going to do more cardio and see if I get off this plateau. Then, to the dentist. That's quite a morning, is it not?

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 04-13-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

It's almost afternoon and I'm still in my PJ 's & Robe.Not feeling well this morning I think I have a inner ear infection as I'm stumbling and have to hang on to anything so I don't fall. I called the doctor & the person that answered the phone told me no new appointment today but than the receptionist told me and he won't be in until 1PM.So the nurse will call me back when her gets in.She asked me questions about my symptoms & what pharmacist I was using. Hope I get rid of what I have before I go down to NY next Wed.

We had a thunderstorm and I didn't get my garbage out for pickup. Afraid of going out in these storms,but since than I managed to get the garbage can down to the curb,got soak [another change of clothes]and wet but I did get it out.

SANDRA-I agree with you as only 1/2 the time they predict the correct weather. Leo knew more than they and he only had a home computer. They never predicted that we were going to have a thunderstorm just winds and down pours. Oh that's possibility I got it wrong sorry. I'm frightened at TS and if would go out of my mind if I had to deal with tornadoes. TG you are all safe and that what really matters.

JOJO-I'm not into the royal family either I think they make too much of a fuss about them.

Have to go, I just get a call from the doctor he wants to see me right after lunch.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey everyone one hope your all well i have been away to london and went way off track but now im back home and il be starting a fresh I lost 3lbs last week woohooo xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote