View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #79
sunnymae

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by busy2kids View Post
I am currently in phase 3 and having difficulty with what is an appropriate portion for yogurt, or cheese. I am celiac and don't know what to eat for breakfast that is low carb and not a wheat based product. I find high carb rice products make me crave wheat and I am trying to avoid that. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or help on portions?

thanks!
Hi There,
I'm gluten free as well and have really been enjoying Bobs GF hot cereal. Use 1/4 cup dry. Cook according to directions and add cinnamon, pinch of salt, few drops of liquid stevia, or WF maple syrup. You can also use unsweetened almond milk, 35-40 cals. 1 carb, 2.5 gr. fat per 8oz and use partial amount of that instead of water to thicken the gruel up. There's Silk brand and another I forget, but they're great to add to cereal.
For the yogurt, I take a 1/4 cup and mix it with my berries or fruit of choice. If I'm using a slice of cheese with my egg, I don't have the yogurt with my fruit. Here is a link for delicious low carb GF pancakes! http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.c...cakes-low.html
it's a cool blog with lots of GF ideas.
Also, there are some great low everything chicken and turkey bacon. Have 2 strips and make them in the wave. Murrays chicken bacon and trader joes makes amazing turkey bacon. one of them are GF for sure.
Enjoy and let me know how you're doing and what else you find to eat

maintaining since Feb 10,2011
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote