Old 04-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chatters for April!!

Hello! This thread is for those who would like to Chat with others who weigh in on Thursday, or for those who used to weigh in on Thursday, or those who have never dreamed of weighing in on Thursday. It is for EVERYONE!!!!! This group is a wonderful group of women. I haven't been here for a while because of Health problems, but I hope I start making it back soon!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tammy! Thanks for starting us out! Hope you are feeling better! ((hugs))
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #3  
jeanne

Good morning! Good morning! Good morning! I hope everyone is off to a great w/e! Mine is busy! But what else is new! lol!
Sorry I've been gone for so long. We have had a death in our family, a birth in our family, two birthday parties, one 50th anniversary party and one daughter/boyfriend break-up......... and I HAVE BEEN SWAMPED at Sweet Baby Depot!
I hope everyone has been good and able to stay OP! It's sooooo hard to stay motivated in the winter time! I have gained a smidgen. But overall I have to be pleased that I have maintained (basically) for a long time now! Jessica and I have been walking and watching and drinking lots of water. We will be leaving for the beach the first week of June. So, thats been our incentive!
Well Abby (our dog) and Peanut (our house bunny) are telling me it's time to eat and be played with, so I better scoot. I have my laundry all done and the house is tidied up!
Jessica and I are going to get our nails done, JC Penney's and out for lunch!
Have a great day friends!

Old 04-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Good day!
Tammy, thanks so much for starting us off.
I'm so glad you are more than halfway through your mess!!!!!

Jeanne, you are way too busy, girl. I'll bet you wish for some easy days at the store, don't you. Hmmm....maybe not.

Maureen, how's that new car? We want to see pictures.
Mimi, how is your part of Canada? When does it get warm?

Dori, we miss you!
Susan, I hope this is a relaxing weekend for you. Are you going with Pat tonight?
janelle, how's the baby doing?

We have a dining room rug--finally! I promise to take a photo and post it today. Maureen, it's red.
I really have to begin journaling again. I keep going up and down, weight-wise. I'm so tired of this and so exasperated with myself.

We can do this!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #5  

Jeanne, I'm feeling icky, but that's what I expect during chemo week. Hopefully by Monday I'll feel better. And no passing out at Dollar General this time!! That was embarrassing!

I need to get out and do some walking during the good week. I want to be able to enjoy the time with the rest of the tour in Europe the beginning of July. My brother thinks that I'll be ok, so I'm hoping he is right. He and my sister in law were just in France, and they had an 80 year old on the tour that did fine.

Tina, woo hoo to red carpet!!!! Love it!

I changed my tracker to show the weight I've lost during chemo. Just hope I don't put it all back on. I've made Tim and Lauren promise to help me keep it off. I bounce back and forth between losing 25 & 27 pounds. Dr. isn't happy that the weight is down that much, but I had alot to work with! It's just hard to eat when you feel icky.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all

Tammy, I hope you start feeling better soon. When are you off on your European trip? That's so exciting. When I lived in Alberta I always came out east on holidays. Now that I'm east I seem to always head west! I hope to get away on a real holiday one of these days. I think I'd like to head to Cuba next winter if I can afford it.

Tina, post some pics of your condo. I'm sure it's fantastic from the way you've described it.

Susan, how's school going? Are you still using a trainer?

Mimi, how the weather in your neck of the woods? It's sunny here today and supposed to go to 11C. It's looking like a nice day shaping up.

Jeanne, how are the businesses going? You sound so busy.

Janelle, how's work and your new grandbaby?

If I missed anyone I didn't mean to. I hope we all have a great day on program. And oh, yeah!! I love my car!!!

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Here are 2 photos. Yea!
First we have our dining room with the new red rug. (Now I can get curtains )
Second, this is taken from the living room looking into the kitchen. (The china cabinet belonged to my parents.)

I've been off program all day. But, tomorrow is the beginning of a new day and I'm going to stay OP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (31.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (25.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #8  

I knew your place was beautiful-red's my favourite colour too-love it Tina
Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #9  
Susan

Hi All,
So much has been going on! School is going like crazy! They are RIFing people. 11 at my school. I was safe. I found out they might want me to move up to the senior high! My girl will go with me but I want my whole crew to go!

My friend had her double mastectomy and will start chemo soon.

My aunt has her tumor again. The last scan in Dec. Was clear. The tumor is 3 inches and just up a little from where it was. She has had her life time limit of radiation and the cancer is chemo resistant!

The band is off for 2 1/2 months! Yea!!!! He mowed Friday night. Saturday, we worked outside all day. We redid the front flower bed and then did our vegetable garden.

Now get this, I think we might get chickens! Silly I know but I'm excited. I mentioned it to Pat and he said OK!

Tina, love the rug!!!
Maureen, I'm excited about your car!
Jeanne, you've been busy!!! Glad your business is doing so well.
Tammy, I think you will keep the weight off! Not the way to do it though!! Hugs!!
Mimi, what is new with you?

Well, I'm off to get ready for bed. Sweet dreams!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! My long weekend in Lincoln was great! Had a good time, and definitely needed the break.

Not the best food wise. But not too bad either. Used all my WP and 9 over that. I'm comfortable with that. I could have made a few better choices, but on the other hand watching what others around me were eating, I was a rockstar!

I went to a high school football coaches clinic with my son, who coaches. The University puts it on. Lots of great speakers. And we get to go to practice and interact with the Husker coaches and ask questions and watch practice.

There were about 600 coaches there. A lot of them overweight, and I was astounded at the amount of food they put on their plates at the 2 meals we were served there.

The Huskers nutritionist did give a very good talk on nutrition. Bob Stoops was the big time guest speaker.

We did go to the Mongolian Grill for lunch one day. Wow! I could live on that. And it's easy to make a good meal that is good for you.

The babies are doing well. Devani is crawling now, and Allie is holding her head up. Got to get off to see them. Maybe this weekend.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #11  
jeanne

Hi everyone! This morning Bob & I had our coffee on the porch! Yay!!!! However......severe storms headed this way! It is so windy and raining so we moved indoors!
I have been OP but NO exercise! Jess and I walked several days in a row....and then....I don't know what happened!?!?!? Life, I guess!
Bob goes for an MRI on his knee this afternoon. He will probably have to have surgery again.
Kaitlin is still behaving as tho she suffered a death! I can't believe how young love is taken so serious! Breaks, breaks, breaks my heart to watch her!
Sweet Baby Depot is doing well! Sometimes I am overwhelmed! hahah!
Well have a great day everyone! Stay OP, try to get some exercise in and drink the H2O!
Hugs my friends!
jeanne
Old 04-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #12  
jeanne

Hi......me again.....chickie.jpg

013.jpg

bunny in a bag.jpg
Old 04-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Afternoon,
How's everyone done OP today?
Larry has been home sick but I've stayed OP. For tonight, I bought a angel food cake and I have frozen peaches to put on top. That will be a good dessert.

Jeanne, how did Bob do with his MRI? I'm guessing he didn't have to go all the way inside the MRI. I'd get
claustophobia. (sp?)
Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #14  
jeanne

Maureen...LOVE your new photo! May have to steal that one too!

Tina...........Remember how I posted that we were having high winds.....lol....well.....Bob got to his MRI, got completely ready and the POWER WENT OUT!!!! And it stayed out! So, they re-scheduled him for Thursday at 7:00 a.m.! He is hoping that he will not have to have total knee replacement. This will be his 3rd knee surgery, if he has to have it......

Susan .......Hugs my friend!

Tammy......Thinking of you and praying always!

Dori......Whats new girl? You are awfully quiet! ((hugs))

Janelle......Hope things are good your way....you seem busy too!!!!

Marion.......Working???

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Gotta run. I slept in today! I've been playing catch up ever since! I think I'm going to take tomorrow morning off at Sweet Baby Depot! Sighhhh! I'm dreaming about crochet easter eggs!!!! lol!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #15  

Jeanne

I'll post it on fb for you

lol

maureen