Old 04-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default W.O.W Memorial Day Challenge ~ Invitation and Week 1!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

everyone!

We've got 8 weeks till Memorial Day! What are your plans?

My WEED for this challenge:

W ~ 64 oz
E ~ at least 10 mins a day
E ~ more fruit, less candy
D ~ No more chunky monkey!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies! For any newcomers my name is Emily, I'm 31 years old, have two boys (Connor 4 & Desmond 2) and am due with a little girl due this June. I work full time and my DH works a lot of hours and travels every now and then so life is busy! Weight loss is of course on hold until after I deliver but my Memorial Day goal is to gain no more than 5 lbs (187.0 pounds max).

Typical WEED for me:
W - 64+ oz
E - something/anything is a bonus!
E - not counting cals or anything right now, just trying to stay reasonable with my choices
D - At this point usually has to do with stuff that needs to get done before the baby comes

Looking forward to meeting newbies and welcoming back familiar faces!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Shari, thanks for starting the new challlenge!

Emi, you are doing awesome!!

I am Mavis! 44, 45 in June. Mom to 2 fabulous men, 23 & 20 and at college. Wife to their equally fab father, married forever. We have been together since HS, so far, so good!

I struggle with my weight and depression. I works 2 jobs and also struggle trying to balance it all with family obligations, including an aged Dad who is very important to me and I spend hours taking care of every evening when I get done with one job and before I strart the 2nd. Need to make time for me.

I made it to 152, now, next goal is pass the 140's. Working to 139 by Memorial Day! Glad to have y'all to work toward it with.

goals for this challenge, stick within my points, exercise at least 30 minutes 6 days a week. Make sure I take my time for me!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #5  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone. I'm Kasey, I've been MIA for quite a while now. I'm 24 yrs old. I work full time as a Special Education Teacher Assistant and am currently a full time grad student getting a Masters in Teaching. I have been very, very stressed lately and have completely fallen off the wagon. I am so ready to get back on! I will do my best to do some type of workout 5 days per week. I just need to get my butt out of bed earlier so that I can exercise before work. I am starting that routine tomorrow. Luckily, my boyfriend is also trying to lose weight now so hopefully this will make things slightly easier!

WEED for the tomorrow:
W - 96 oz
E - at least 20 minutes
E - 1350 calories
D - work on my strategy lesson for class
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #6  

Welcome back Kasey, I think most of us have been a bit out of focus, so you are in good company!

My OS is working on his Masters in Education as well!

W 100
E Elliptical and crunches before shower
E POP, within my WW points
D It's my time.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kasey, Em, and MM.

Shari thanks for starting the thread!

I'm Jeni, 34. I have a DH who is very supportive and 2 kiddos, Mak is 7, Tommy is 5. This time last year I was at my lowest weight since high school. After an injury and a couple bouts of depression, my weight is up again. So I am refocusing on my WEED.

W 80 oz. No less!

E 60 minutes on my days off 30 minutes on my days on. In addition to the promise to myself, I am going to work out at the gym, NOT on my treadmill on the days I have off. When I use my treadmill I only workout for 15-30 minutes. Not enough.

E I'm starting with 1600 cals and will lower it as I go. I know I wont lose weight fast, but It will come back off.

D my main goal is to not focus on the scale but on my pants right now. I will weigh in, but not as often as I used to.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Got in my 1 hour at the gym today.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:41 AM   #9  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Terrible day and I binged. Gah.

Once I go to bed, the self pity is over.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:24 AM   #10  
Calorie Counter

I did really well yesterday.

Today is a workday:

W 64 oz
E 30 minutes
E 1600 cals
D stay awake. first day of work in 8 days.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 AM   #11  

I did great on my food, did not get all my exercise in. Today, I am going to try for both!

W 100 oz
E 1 hr treadmill
E POP
D Get one thing off my to do list.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #12  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone. I did great yesterday, and okay so far today. The only thing I have not done great on is exercise I just cannot seem to get myself out of bed in the morning. Instead of waking up earlier the past 2 days, I've woken up 10 minutes later than usual. My ultimate goal is to wake up at 5 so that I can exercise and get ready for work without being rushed. At the moment, I wake up between 6:20-6:30 and am always rushing out the door.

WEED for tomorrow:
W - 96 oz
E - 30 minutes
E - aiming for 1350, but my overall range is 1200-1500
D - WAKE UP EARLY!!!! Tomorrow I would like to be out of bed for 5:30.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

I only got in 15 minute workout so far. I have to get ready for Tommy's swim lesson.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #14  

Sounds like we are all a bit off the on exercise. I did not get my run in, I did hula hoop for a bit so that will have to do for yesterday, but today is a new day!!

W 100
E Yesterday's hour!
E Points count!
D I can do this, right there at 150 still, so want to break back into the 140's. I want that much more than I want to sit on the couch!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #15  
Calorie Counter

So, today's plan

W 80 oz
E 60 minute cardio 15 minutes weights and abs I will make up the extra 15 minutes I missed yesterday today.
E 1600 cals
Dfold some laundry, shampoo some floors.