Old 03-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #1  

Default Let's laugh off 40lbs by the end of Aug :)

Hey!! I hope this is the right place for this! My friend and I just signed up here today and are doing WW online together. We are on opposite sides of the US but we are going to motivate each other by email, phone,etc and even weigh in together weekly by cam ..LOL!!

We both have similar goals that we need to reach! My husband is deployed with the military and will be returning in Sept and I really want to lose 40lbs by the time he comes home. I promised myself this year would be about getting healthy and bettering myself and I have done pretty good, I just keep falling off my horse!

So we decided to do this together and we could use your help too! Anyone who is new or old to weight watchers that wants to take this journey with us, hop on board! It may be bumpy but I can promise you that there will be laughs!

So the goal is 40lbs before the end of August! We can totally do this!

Last edited by couponingmama; 03-24-2011 at 01:44 PM.
couponingmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

!!!

I think 40lbs is totally possible by the end of August/Sept- that's about 8lbs per month if I figure right (totally not a math whiz here, LOL.) GL!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #3  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Seriously, this is possible? How do you do that?
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey124 View Post
Seriously, this is possible? How do you do that?
It is less than 2lbs a week, it is 22 weeks away. 1.8 lbs a week to be exact.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
!!!

I think 40lbs is totally possible by the end of August/Sept- that's about 8lbs per month if I figure right (totally not a math whiz here, LOL.) GL!
Thank you so much!! Have you been on WW's long? I had done it before and done well, but I am new to the point plus! I am ready to do it!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #6  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponingmama View Post
It is less than 2lbs a week, it is 22 weeks away. 1.8 lbs a week to be exact.
Hm, I just thought that you (well, I actually) need to count a few stalls etc. into it. But hey, I am willing to try. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #7  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Oh you are so right, Josey. I did say it was possible! Hehe Now that has me thinking- I have to consider not only stalls but holidays and off-track days too!

Couponingmama- I just got started on WW late January- never done it before. I love it- so much easier than counting calories, at least for me. I am on Momentum, not PointsPlus though. I was gonna do the new program but I noticed a lot of people have complained about it- up and down in weight, never a true constant loss so I think I will wait until I get to or near my goal weight before I check it out.

Now on to your 40lbs loss- I just hope you don't get discouraged if you don't accomplish your goal by then. I would just do what I can, you know? What have you got to lose?!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #8  
Suck it up, buttercup!

I am just careful since I have done very well on WW before but it is not a constant drop unfortunately.
It might be possible but I wouldn't bank on it. I am too afraid of setting a goal that I won't reach since it will probably throw me off track in no time.
My hope is that I can reach goal by end of the year (50 lbs to go) but I doubt that will happen. I don't have off track days (WW is flexible enough) but there will be stalls and slow weeks.
Smaller goals are way easier to reach in my opinion and you can never have enough opportunities to reward yourself :-)
My next mini goal is about 4 lbs away (10%) and after that I have something like 6 more to reach before goal.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #9  

You guys are totally right about smaller goals!! I always do it that way! I just weighed in for the first time this morning..ugh...someone hold me! But I am on track. I am doing a class on M & F at the YMCA, it is a womens strength training class and I am doing Zumba 2xs a week. So I will totally get exercise in.

I did weight watchers before, but am new to point plus. Do you guys do well on it?

What are your mini goals? My first one is 10lbs by the end of April. I feel it is obtainable since I am first starting and you always lose more in the beginning.

So where (about) are you guys from? I am from NH I am a sahm mom of 2 beautiful little girls and all about couponing!! I am one of those people you see go shopping and pay pennies on the dollars for stuff. It is amazing how much you can save, it is alot of work but worth it!

I am so happy some people are joining in. You guys rock!

Last edited by couponingmama; 03-25-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: because I cannot spell...LOL
Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #10  
Suck it up, buttercup!

I have lots of mini goals to break up the long trek (weird numbers because some are in kg, some in lbs):

1st - 10lbs & class I - 226.0 - done
2nd - under 100kg - 220.0 - done
3rd - 10% - 213.2
4th - halfway there - 201.1
5th - onederland (lbs) - 199.1
6th - no longer obese - 193.8
7th - 10kg to go - 187.2
8th - 5kg to go - 176.2
ticker goal - 165
normal BMI - 160.8
stretch goal - 154.2

We will see how it goes. I didn't set a time limit. However, one big date is June 20 (b-day) for at least onederland but preferably "no longer obese". The other is mid December because we go and visit my family and I would love to be at goal i.e. normal BMI. They have no idea I am losing weight, so anything will be a surprise but being at goal would blow them away!

Keep your fingers crossed!

PS: I am in Alberta, Canada.

Last edited by josey; 03-25-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #11  
Woman on a mission

Hi everyone - wow what nice messages! I'm the other half of the 40-pounds by August dynamic duo. My motivator is: My former fiance' will be flying over from the UK the end of August and OMG, despite the fact that we are now great friends, I do NOT want him to see me at my current weight. Also, I have a few disabilities and the more weight I lose, the better I feel. So happy I joined this site, and hope to find other like-minded 'losers' so we can all help each othe achieve our goals.
redbird07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #12  

Do you guys have any low point favorites as far as snacks?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:43 AM   #13  

So I am up bright and early to hit the childrens museum with the kids! I am armed with healthy snacks (for them and me!!) I am feeling good and energetic! Anyways, I hope everyone has an awesome day
Old 03-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186.6/166.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi,

I think that 40lbs could be so doable by Aug. Besides, what's the worst that could happen? Aug rolls around and I've only lost 35lbs. Still a great success!!! If I adhere to my gym schedule and stay on program, I can really see the 40 lbs gone by then-just in time for a new wardrobe for the new school year!!! )
Thanks guys, I love these message boards and all of the hints and encouragement.
proulxliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #15  

Count me in...I'm not regular at coming to the computer these days, but I will at least sign in every three days...I joined ww 3 weeks ago and I'm loosing, at last...Looking forward to loosing the 40 some till August thanks.
claudiaMtl is offline   Reply With Quote