Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #1  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Sarge's No Excuses/boot Camp To Beach Thread #2

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have already lost 40 lbs./17%, and have assembled a platoon, a group who are all out willing and determined to give 110% each and every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition!"

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds that week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge is Back!

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

Last edited by JayTee; 04-01-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #2  
SARGE

OK, phew! Sarge is a bit of a techno-illiterate so shutting down a thread and starting a new one takes all his brain power.

But what better time to re-post the pledges for the week. Like Resolute said, there are commitments to keep and LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS TO GET IN BEFORE SUNDAY!!!

Let's review those pledges for this week ending 3/20, shall we:

MaryWin = 3
KatyTrail = 2
MichelleD = 3
Lucy = 1
Tubbak = 2
Newbie Pokey = 1
Sindaena = 1.5
Resolute = 4.1
Sarge = 1
RainMILES = 1.2
MadameB = 2.2
Anni3D = 1
Peanutt = 1.5
Cheshire = 1.5
Fish = 3
Dreamer = 2
DCap = 2
Courtney = 5
VickieL = 3
CocoLoco = 2

Newbie Prvt. Jellybean =
Newbie Prvt ASF =
Newbie Prvt. CandyCoat=

I know it's been kind of a tough week for a few members of the platoon but don't make Sarge feel like the following...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhT2S...eature=related

Happy Friday night all!

Old 03-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #3  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, Sarge it could be worse....you could be herding cats here!

I'm off to the gym as soon as DH gets home. I burned 200 calories on my lunch time walk and I've got another 400 planned for the gym. I'm really looking forward to my post-gym smoothie already! It's been sunny and warm (+8°C!!!) and it's feeling like smoothie weather.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #4  
SARGE

Ahhhhhh! Smoothie weather! We've been blessed by 50 & 60 degree days here so SPRING IS ON THE WAY!!! WOOT! WOOT!
P.S. Herding cats, infinitely more difficult!

LET'S GO PLATOON! GET OVER YOUR ST. PATRICK DAY HANGOVERS AND GET IT DONE!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #5  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

SARGE, OH MY GOODNESS !!!!

TOOOOO FUNNY AND SOOO CUTE . . . ALL THOSE LITTLE DUCKIES

This private reporting to Thread #2 . . . I can't believe we've already posted 500 times . . . chatty eh????

Off to make a bit of supper . . . then a good night sleep because me thinks the SARGE is gonna blow that horn VERY, VERY EARLY . . . LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS TOMORROW . . . WOO HOO!!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #6  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

rainbowsmiles : resolute...are you a writer?? you have such a skill at wording your posts
i love reading them!

Wow, i do admire those who can elucidate and convey emotion well with words but no, sadly i am just a big dummy.

MadamButterfly : Resolute; love the poster!!!! It says sooooooooooooo much

I just happened to stumble on it and it struck a chord in me. Its true, once you set your mind to something there is no longer any agonizing, only purpose.

Well here we are one day left and i am left for wanting, tonights weigh in has come up short, i truly drove hard all day but sadly the scale sits firm at 240, i haven't thrown in the towel quite yet however, where there is a will there is a way and i intend to go down swinging.

Judging by my physical and emotional state at this time i will need to eat moderately or risk bringing on some catastrophic circumstance like a wave of depression, that is the last thing i need, so once again it will be a clean minimal evening, hopefully if i fill tomorrow with activity at the very least even if i fail to see my 4 pound drop i will be fulfilled, thats the plan anyways.

I feel gutted but if i don't make it i will redouble my efforts next week. there is just no way i'm not going to be in onederland come June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
I'm off to the gym as soon as DH gets home. I burned 200 calories on my lunch time walk and I've got another 400 planned for the gym. I'm really looking forward to my post-gym smoothie already! It's been sunny and warm (+8°C!!!) and it's feeling like smoothie weather.
You go girl, every bit counts and adds up.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

QUACK QUACK ....RESPECTFULLY... SiR!

ok....so all week i've been a bad duck...lazy...even at the gym...i was lazy...weight up and down all week!! ugggg....finally down 1.1!! so i will claim it now....before it gets worse...umm....corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, guiness, m&m's, gelato, chips and dip

its all ncaa's fault!! not mine!!

and if it weren't for that stupid morehead game i'd have a perfect bracket!!

so.....come monday its back to the grind for me!! i'll be like courtney was on TBL this week, ok so i didn't make my goal this week, i'll do it next!!

sarge...i'm pledging 1.5 for next week!! boooyah!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 03-19-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/155/140

Height: 5'9''

HAPPY FRIDAY PLATOON!!

So, stayed within my calorie range yesterday, miraculously. My brother and dad even went to my absolute FAVORITE fast food restaurant, I declined to go along and ate a Lean Cuisine with a salad. Fro yo for dessert! Very proud. Bonus? Wiggled my butt into new jeans a size smaller than I've been wearing!!!!! I think that's been needing to happen for while, but today was the last day I thought it would work, what with having been lazy on vacation and all. Either way, SO EXCITED!!!!

For today: Went to gramma's today for a bit, just got home. Going to take advantange of the gorgeous day and workout outside for a bit. Jog/walk a couple laps, then it'll be time to shower and get ready for dinner with the family.

I hope you all are having an amazing day!! Keep up the good work and you've got it!!

OH! and my goal for next week is 1.5 lbs. Starting Sunday, right?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #9  
Living the Life

Ha, herding ducks. Awesome. I would like to see some cat herding! Oh that would go over well.

Anyhoo--I got herded on over.

7 mile run done! It was a good run, but an uncomfortable run! I got a blister on my big toe, my thighs chaffed and my around the waist water bottles were rubbing my back.

Blah!! This is fixable though. Blister--I can deal with those. I'm ditching the water bottles--will find a handheld one. As for the thighs, just more incentive to lose some butt-er so they don't rub as much....but in the mean time I will have to find some spandex shorts.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #10  
SARGE

Cheshire--Vaseline dude! I don't even want to discuss the places it must be applied on Sarge's body! Herding cats?!?! Not happening!

Jenna--yup! got your pledge for next week. I'll add it to the post! WTG on taking a pass on the bad stuff and doing what's right for you! Smaller jeans size most excellent reward for you!

Rainbow---Are you gonna make it thru March Madness?!?!?! M&M's AND chips & dips?!?!?! One or two, ok...partying down with a gelato chaser?!? Bad, Rainbow, BAD!!!! On the other hand, down for the week. Good!

Resolute--Is ok....your dedication has been duly noted and Sarge appreciates privates who own their ups and downs instead of making excuses.

Some MIA's have me concerned...Courtney? Dreamer? Pokey? Hope all is well out there.

Ok Platoon, dig in tomorrow! It's been a rough week for many, but perhaps we'll have some over-achievers and we'll make our total platoon pledge!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #11  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

evening platoon!
it's almost time for weigh ins

so let's take the last TWO days to melt that BUTT-er to match last week's pledges!!

Last edited by tubbaki; 03-18-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #12  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Rainbow---Are you gonna make it thru March Madness?!?!?! M&M's AND chips & dips?!?!?! One or two, ok...partying down with a gelato chaser?!? Bad, Rainbow, BAD!!!! On the other hand, down for the week. Good!
yeah i know sarge!! m&m's are being traded for games won...and i have had 2 good days on my bracket!!! the gelato was planned. the chips and dip...well thats another story! haha

BUT....i did walk 1 mile today, did 20 mins on my exercise bike, AND did 12 jumping jacks...omg i dont think i have don't jumping jacks in 30 plus years...and that video just inspired me however, i suck at them...i'm so heavy...its quite comical...but i will be doing more!!

the ncaa has been a nice break from 24/7 cnn...however some amazing miracle stories have my spirits lifted miracles in the midst!!

i'm a news junkie!!

love the new thread!! so much encouragement and determination and down right ball busting fat BUTT-er burning MOJO here!! EVERYONE ON 3FC....should be here!!

have a great evening!! back to the ncaa!! and .....
Old 03-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #13  
Feed Your Freedom

yawn::::: private rain up and at 'em and off to the gym!!! gotta make up for those m&ms!
SiR YES SiR!! ::::YAWN::::
oatmeal packed with nuts: check
water: check
bbl to report in SiR!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 03-19-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #14  
SARGE

WAKE UP YOU LAZY PHAENICIA SERICATAS! IT'S TIME FOR LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlk11aI3GU

Hup...Hup...Hup...

Congrats to Prvt. RainMiles for beating Sarge to the gym today!

Last edited by JayTee; 03-19-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #15  
Living the Life

Reporting in!
Jeez, Sarge you are making me Google things early today.

Happy Weekend to all and to all a great workout!!
Closed Thread