South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default SBD Daily Chat, Wednesday March 16

Hi ladies and gents! It's been too long. I'm still in Cali but I know many of you are already in Wednesday at the time of this posting.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Okie. How are you enjoying California???

Not much planned for today. Gym, sleep, American Idol, gym, and more sleep. If it's not raining I might take the dog for a walk. Sergeant's position closes out tomorrow afternoon, so I should have an interview set up by the end of the week. I'm not sure if the guys on my shift are just effing w/ me or if they're being serious, but there's a possibility the position could be on dayshift. Ugh, I hope not!!! Oh well...when I took this job I said I would do days or nights...but man do I love my nights!!!

Anywho, hope you ladies have a wonderful day. Pull up a cup of coffee and tell us about your day.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Day 3 of the stay in Montpelier. Today a few of us are attending another organization's event. Since it's not ours it's much easier
Yesterday went incredibly well. It's always nice when a big, complicated event goes flawlessly. We had glitches but nothing that anyone from the outside could see.

I'm running again this morning but tomorrow's a day off and I'll stop by longer and catch-up with everyone! Happy Hump Day all

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-16-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:56 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Okie, it was so good to see a Bella Lucia post this morning! I've been wondering how you're doing. How are things going in California?

Natasha, it sounds like you've got a nice day ahead of you. I hope the interview is scheduled quickly, so you can get it over with and that the position will be night shift.

Hi Cyndi, I'm so glad that things went smoothly yesterday and that you've got an easier day ahead today.

We've got some snow on the way, not enough to cause any problems but enough to shake us out of our daydream that spring is really on it's way here in the mountains of Maine. Yesterday was another beautiful day and I was a little envious of the people walking the track at the middle school yesterday while I was sitting inside talking about digital citizenship! I took a quick walk in town afterward though. I knew I was racing the daylight and wouldn't get a walk in if I drove home first.

Enjoy your Wednesday, friends!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:15 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Okie, welcome back - how is everything going in Cali?

Natasha - I guess I'm surprised to hear you love nights but that's just my own perspective. I suffer from a mild form of SAD during the winter so if I worked nights I think I'd be down all year long! But at the same time I can see how you might like them having the exciting job that you do - my only friend who worked nights worked in a law office, so she was stuck in one room or on one floor the whole time. Anyway good luck with the interview, I know the position is yours if you want it.

Finished up all my budget meetings, finally! Now it's clean up time (getting all my notes together) and making some minor modifications. We do the budget for all the events at the school plus a huge department, so it's a lot. Also got into production one final horrific job which will hopefully be over by the end of the week.

Next week is our Philly mini break: we're driving down on Thursday afternoon and staying in King of Prussia for the night. I got a really nice hotel through Priceline for $50 for the night. We love the area because of the Mall and the Cheesecake Factory at the Mall! That will be a planned cheat. Then on Friday we drive down to Philly itself, are staying at the Loews on Market St. for Friday and Saturday and our friends will join us Friday eve. We're going to the Franklin Institute on Saturday (unfortunately don't think I'll be able to drag the kids to spice place Cottage!!) and then back home on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to the break.

Hope everyone has a great, on plan day.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 03-16-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and Happy Hump Day!

Okie, it was nice to have you greeting us this morning. How are you making out in California? I'm eager to hear all about what you've been doing and your new life.

Natasha, I hope the Sargeant position will be for the night shift, and that you'll get it. Have a great day!

Cyndi, I'm glad all is well and going smoothly. I bet you'll be glad to get back home tomorrow and have time to get some rest.

Heidi, I hope if you do get snow, that's it's not a whole lot. What in the hoodle-hoo is digital citizenship?

It's raining here but should clear out by noon, then it's supposed to turn mild and sunny for the next several days. Cindy and I were talking about getting the girls' garden ready for planting yesterday, and I think we're going to plant radishes and lettuce next week. I'm eager to get my garden going, too, was excited to discover my rhubarb is starting to come up already. We're going to plant Swiss chard, radishes, onions, and lettuce this weekend. Whoohoo!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post

Heidi, I hope if you do get snow, that's it's not a whole lot. What in the hoodle-hoo is digital citizenship?
Digital citizenship is being smart, safe and responsible in the digital world. (internet, texting, email, etc.) As educators the PLC is geared towards young people and what they need to know to be safe and smart but I'm learning so much myself.....

I don't think we'll even have to shovel, maybe just sweep the steps and walkways. I'm only disappointed because I want winter 2010-11 behind me so I can start enjoying spring!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I'm about to make the most un-SBD-friendly confection ever in honor of St. Patrick's Day tomorrow so I'm getting my determination to not taste test by logging on here first. I'm going to send some to school with Connor for his teacher, some to the Kindergarten for the teachers there, keep a couple for the kids, and send the rest to work with Tom so there's no temptation after tomorrow.

Okie, good to see you! How's sunny California?

Natasha, good luck with your interview!

Cyndi, enjoy your stress-free event!

Heidi, glad you got a walk in yesterday! It was beautiful here yesterday and we got to spend time at the park. Today is gray and dreary, though. Blah.

Matilda, have a great time on your trip! When I was in Girl Scouts we used to do an overnighter at the Franklin Institute every year and it was loads of fun. I took my kids there the last time we were home. They loved the heart, just like I do!

Linda, your garden sounds wonderful! We want to get a house with enough room to have a vegetable garden once we move. The kids have been asking what we'll be able to plant and I honestly have no idea!

So our medical board went well yesterday except we had to have a form filled out for Connor, who has a history of asthma. He hasn't had any recent episodes but because he had a prescription filled less than five years ago, they need the paper. So now we have to wait for that to go to Hawaii and for them to say it'll be OK for us to come there and THEN we can get the orders. Tom was losing it after the meeting. We're 45 days out from when we're supposed to leave and we can't schedule anything else until we get this approval back, which can take up to 14 BUSINESS DAYS. Argh. No plane tickets. No movers scheduled. No lodging reserved here OR in Hawaii. It'll work out, but it would be really nice to get this stuff rolling.

Lukas needs a hug so I will sign off here. Be back later.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the explanation, Heidi. I'm glad to hear that schools are teaching kids to be cautious in this digital world.

Matilda, it sounds like you have a great trip planned. Have fun!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I have a day off to a bad start with a dog who is "under the weather" and a busy morning that may have to be rescheduled. See y'all later!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Schmoodle - Thanks for the tea suggestion. I've always told my husband that his smells like tobacco! Glad to hear it isn't just me.

Okie - Hope you are enjoying your new locale.

Natasha - I'm watching this season too. What do you think of the judges now?

Cyndi - Glad to hear it's going well.

Heidi - I put away my snow boots Sunday, and then turned on the TV to a winter weather advisory! Jinxed myself. But we got very little and it is all melted now.

Matilda - Oh I love the brown bread they serve! Even more than the desserts Sounds like a fun trip.

Linda - I wish I liked gardening. I'll be envious when you are eating your own veggies!

Kara - I was just thinking about you baking all that quick bread the other day and how I would sooo struggle with that! Frustrating about the medical business.

Ruth - Hope your day improves

My workout with my mom today got canceled since she has to unexpectedly take her car to the shop. Bummer. But speaking of cars, we should get our second one back late today. Yahoo! Because we are now 4 drivers and 1 car! My son got home safely, no flight snafus.

We finally watched The Social Network last night and I did not sleep well because of all the facebook dreams!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

I did it! Not even a finger lick. Yay me! Better be down five pounds tomorrow just for the mental effort.

Ruth, sorry about the sick dog. That is never a good thing for anyone. Hope s/he's feeling better soon!

Karen, I actually made the pumpkin-zucchini bread on-plan so no worries there. It came out really good, although it could definitely use more zucchini. I, however, am a zucchini-lover, so I usually add more than is called for. We go through zucchini, garlic, and cinnamon in our house like nothing.

Off to do homework with Connor. Then we have to do ballet and then the girls' martial arts class is cancelled tonight so we're heading to the Lenten soup supper at church early to set up. I made butternut squash soup. Yum!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

Today should be another day filled with nothing exciting. Which is okay?

My biggest excitement will probably come in the form of record breaking heat around here. They say it is supposed to get to 75

Have a great day!!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Trying to drop in here before my day gets too hectic.

Bellalucia- always nice to hear from you- I hope that you are finding CA a good fit for you.

Natasha- fingers crossed for you that you get the position and that it is night shift for you. I worked night shift for over 1 year and it about killed me. LOL I am definitely a day shift person.

Cyndi- Enjoy your time off tomorrow.

Ruth- Sorry about the sick doggie.

Kara- Whewhoo for willpower, good job.

Karen- glad you get your car back

to everyone else

Next week is my super busy week of running around and then on the 25th we are supposed to be going to New York City for a mini spring break weekend since I couldn't get the whole week of from work. I haven't booked a hotel yet for fear of another winter storm coming through and wrecking plans. I think I will do a last minute one next week through priceline. Any suggestions on what neighborhood would be best to stay in? and what neighborhood to avoid staying in......

Alright better get to work, have performance reviews to complete they are due on Monday.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #15  

Hey All -

Crazy days here in PA - gracious.
Missed posting AND reading yesterday - gotta make up for it today.
BEST thing - went to Outback last night and had nary a fry nor a potato - YEAH!!

Have a good one -
Closed Thread