Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/189/144

Height: '5"2

Post New to this

Hi, my name is Heather and I am an Overeater. I feel bad about eatting but I do it any way. I am in my early twenties and I feel like I am wasting my young years. I am determined to stop and to get back in shape.

All I think about is eatting. When I get done eatting one meal I start thinking about the next. It makes me happy to eat.

I have kids and a husband and I want to be healthy for them. I already have weight related health problems and I refuse to let my weight be what takes me down.

I want to be happy, and right now I am not. If any one has any advise please feel free to share! I have read a few post and I see a lot of you saying you plan your meals. I have tried this several times but for some reason cant seem to stick to what I put on the list.

I am currently the heaviest I have been post pregnancies at 189. I am '5"2.

My new life starts now. Wish me luck.
Heathercan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Heather - I don't think that this forum is frequented as much as the Chicks in Control "Binge Free" thread. I absolutely relate to the obsession with food. I feel like I think about food constantly and my moods are directly related to food, how much I weigh etc.

Have you ever attended OA meetings? I went to one and left at the end of the meeting in tears (and never went back) but I would like to check them out again. Right now just trying to stay binge free 1 day at a time.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #3  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

The first step towards change is admission of the problem, so you're on your way. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Good luck on the journey.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow - this really is the first day of my life - I'm going to my first OA meeting tonight. I'm nervous and anxious, but hopeful and optimistic.
MAybe we should consider using this thread for specific OA support?
If no one is interested in going "public" I would still love to hear about oa experiences with pm's.
I would like to know the process, do you have to speak, when can't you speak, what are the rules etc. I've been on the OA website, but it seems too overwhelming - I like to be (no pun intended) spoon-fed the things I need to know, unless uncertainty and self doubt hold me back.
I hope someone replies / talks to me.
Best of all thoughts to you.

Beck - love the quote about hunger not the issue!

Last edited by Laura G; 03-15-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote