Old 03-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Egg Allergies? HELP Breakfast please.

I can not eggs so it limits my breakfast options. Can anyone help me. I am on the green menu so I am eating things like;

Opt1 - 1/4 c. oatmeal (starch) 2 oz. cheese (Protein)
Opt2 - Protein shake meal replacement (w/ skim milk)
*Need to order the right shakes to cut the skim milk too.
Opt3- cottage cheese and melba toast

Any other suggestions would be great this is really limiting me and I feel like I am burning out.

I am new to this board so please message me..
nvrfatagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Well, even if you just have cheese, be sure to give yourself 4 ounces.

You can have things like bison and turkey at breakfast. I LOVE a bison steak for breakfast, and I made some homemade turkey breakfast sausage a few times that is really good. You could also maybe do a meal bar a few times a week to break it up.

I also make cheese quesadillas or grilled cheeses for breakfast a lot.

There are other options without the eggs.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #3  
Started program June 2010

I think she was correct with just 2 ounces of cheese, unless it's cottage cheese.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Really? I could swear my sheet says 4 ounces. One day, I commented to my counselor about how much cheese 4 ounces is in the mornings...about my overflowing quesadilla and she didn't say anything. I'll have to check on that. If it is 2, eating 4 a couple times a week hasn't really hurt me much. ha!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #5  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I just looked at the menu. It's 2 oz hard cheese OR 4 oz cottage cheese.

I agree with razorbackbritt--bison or other proteins are fine in the morning, too. It's just important that you get some sort of protein every morning. Every study I've read shows that--for some reason--eating protein for breakfast ramps our metabolism and kicks our bodies into fat-burning mode for the rest of the day. And, it keeps you feeling satiated until lunch (as opposed to when I used to have cereal or a bagel every morning and then be hungry again by 10:30am).
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Breakfast

It depends on your menu how much cheese you can have. I'm on 3 meal plan plus so I can have 3 ozs. of cheese and 6 ozs. of cottage cheese.
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

I like to prepare a vanilla pudding packet and blend it smooth with the cottage cheese (you could add flavored extracts to change the flavior like cherry, orange, lemon, vanilla, etc) with melba toast.

Mariah
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #8  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

You know, I have never done this, but I would imagine some turkey sausage might work in the morning. In fact, wish I had some right now. Maybe not all turkey sausage, might have to do a little investigating.

Here is the jenny-o link:
http://www.jennieo.com/products/Brea...s/default.aspx

Or what about a piece of Boar's Head Low Sodium chicken or turkey (easy and wonderful) and great for on-plan -- especially in a rush -- as I ALWAYS am! This has saved me SOOOOOOOOOOO many times! A piece of this with some raspberries and I am so content! I know not all groceries have this, but if you can find it, it's worth it.

Golden Catering Style Oven Roasted Turkey Breast 47% Lower Sodium
Golden ClassicŪ Oven Roasted Chicken Breast 42% Lower Sodium

http://www.boarshead.com/digicatessen.php

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 03-15-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the help, Life would be easier on this if I can eat egg whites? This is how every diet in the past has worked for me and I get frustrated easily. I appreciate all the help.
nvrfatagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrfatagn View Post
Thanks for all the help, Life would be easier on this if I can eat egg whites? This is how every diet in the past has worked for me and I get frustrated easily. I appreciate all the help.
You are doing great. You are finding ways around the obstacles, so that shows your dedication. There are always alternatives -- there may not be lots of alternatives, but if you can just find one that you like, it will work much of the time. I know for me, when I first began, breakfast was almost always the same every morning (cottage cheese and melba, + hns). That was partially because I just didn't have time to be creative. Of course, after I was in the game for a few days, I really enjoyed having an occasional meal replacement bar at breakfast with my coffee. The Bariwise bars are just incredible. However, for me they ended up being a trigger and I just had to quit having them in my reach. However, if you can control yourself around them, oh my gosh they are perfect. As I recall, you can have a limited number of these per week (3 times), and no creamy on the day you consume a bar.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

I also don't eat eggs. Not allergic, just don't like them. For my starch, I'll do cinnamon toast. I think it's in the cookbook. Toasted LC Bread, spray butter, sweetner, & cinnamon. So good! It's like getting a desert for breakfast.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

Have u asked your center about just eating egg whites? I just called mine and I was told that you can just have egg whites just increase the amount according to your plan. So it might be something to look into.
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #13  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn5192008 View Post
Have u asked your center about just eating egg whites? I just called mine and I was told that you can just have egg whites just increase the amount according to your plan. So it might be something to look into.
Yes, I agree. I bet if you can tolerate the egg whites, it will most likely work OP. You should definitely check with MRC. If you are not an active client of MRC, and you have access to facebook, go to the MRC facebook page and ask the question. --Joy2UnMe
Old 03-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #14  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Yes, egg whites are listed on the menu. I think it's 3 egg whites for one serving.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffour View Post
I like to prepare a vanilla pudding packet and blend it smooth with the cottage cheese (you could add flavored extracts to change the flavior like cherry, orange, lemon, vanilla, etc) with melba toast.

Mariah
This is a good one - I made the strawberries and creme one day for lunch (cottage cheese & vanilla creme), it was spectacular! I put mine in the food processor and it made the mix exactly cream cheese texture like.
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote