South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:01 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Daily Chat-Friday 3/11

Good Morning

It's time to get moving in the still of the morning! I'm pouring coffee?? How about you??

Be back....
Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie!

You're up an at 'em early as usual. I can't remember if you traveled yesterday or if you're traveling today..... Or maybe I'm totally confused and it's neither?

Matilda, I made sure to make a little extra quinoa when I fixed supper so that I can try your breakfast casserole tomorrow morning. In the past I've always made a rice pudding type thing with leftover quinoa but of course that's loaded with artificial sweeteners. I'm glad to have another option.

I've had an especially busy week, so I'm looking forward to the weekend even more than usual. We're headed out for supper with my son tonight but tomorrow I'm going to lock myself in the house and catch up on all the little odds and ends that have been driving me crazy lately!

Enjoy your Friday, friends.

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-11-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:49 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Heidi!

We traveled ?? Wednesday afternoon. Believe me, it's hard to keep track! Have fun getting together with your son. I think I'm doing the lock in thing tomorrow, too.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Whoops! This week has flown by. It seems like I just read that post.
I hope it's only a sign of this busy time of year and not a sign of my age catching up with me...

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-11-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning! The girs are home from school today because of an in-service so we're trying to get some pre-moving chores done. I just took pictures of the big things we're trying to sell and I'm about to post them on-line. Fun.

Debbie, hope your day goes well!

Heidi, have a great time with your son!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:15 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Lexxis and thanks for the coffee this dark and wet morning.

Heidi, I can't keep track of Debbie/Lexxis either - she's like the Energizer Bunny! When is your March break? Ours is next week. A weekend lock-down sounds just what you need to catch your breath.

Kara, I meant to ask, is it Spring over there yet? When is the exact move date and do you come home before then? I need to Google the route from Germany to Hawaii. I hope your big things sell quickly for you.

I was going to gripe about all the rain until I read about the earthquake in Japan. Now I feel lucky and grateful to live where I live.

Despite the rain, I'm off to Kingston today to pick up 20 bolts of fabric that have been donated to my quilting group. Before I do that, I need to line my car with sheets or plastic as it's a real slum! I'm also going to get a new passport photo as I need to renew just in case I need to leave the country in a hurry!

Time for a proper breakfast and some hair fussing - not that passport photos ever look great!

TGIF! Enjoy!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
Kara, I'm so glad you guys aren't in Hawaii right now! I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning to the news. I had an impossibly large TOM gain this week (5.2 lbs - there is no way) but I'm listing it to be honest, and also so others know that this really does happen in a week. I'm very bloated and decided to go back on Phase 1 for a week just to get my body back on track. I do admit I've become sloppy recently.

A lot of people will be out of work today (there is a funeral) so I'm going to wear jeans to work and do some organizational stuff, take a nice long lunch and get a bunch accomplished. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning Kara and Ruth

Kara, your post about selling big things before your move reminds me of a conversation Fergie and I had the other day. It must be time for us to move - we've accumulated so much stuff. Back in our military days we were forced to downsize every couple of years so all this stuff was never a problem.

Ruth, no March break for us. We New Englanders get a week in February and then another in April. March in Maine always means storm days though - it's only the 11th and we've already had 2 snow days this month.
How great to get all the fabric for your quilting group! Good luck with your passport photo. Mine always look like mug shots but my daughter's last one came out so nice that we were joking about having copies made.....

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-11-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Kara, have fun packing with the young ones!

Ruth, I hear ya on the car thing....it's an embarrassment when I give someone a ride...it's the dog factor, for sure.

I had so much paperwork to get done and Kirk gets agitated when I don't wake him up for coffee but then I never get anything done.....So I again have not had coffee till my work is done...now I'll go wake him up. Yay!

ETA- Matilda!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-11-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Wow, you are a chatty bunch this morning I woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm a zombie now. It's a mostly WFH day and I may actually have to nap. I'm supposed to meet friends at 5 for a glass of wine and that's just not going to work on this little sleep.

Debbie - hm, I don't have dogs what's my excuse? Enjoy your morning coffee

Heidi - March is definitely the craziest month around here too. yesterday I drove from rain into ice and snow and back. Then there's the mud
I like the lock-in idea. I might borrow it too.

Kara - Happy packing

Ruth - New fabric sounds like fun. Good luck with that pic

Mathilda - Sounds like a relaxing and productive day at work.

Hey, I just realized I can actually see a little bit of ground in one spot in our yard! Of course everything else is still deep in white and the squirrels can still jump over the baffles and to the bird feeders but progress is good

I'm sure I will be back later and maybe I'll be slightly less zombie-like! Happy Friday
Old 03-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, we haven't gotten our moving date yet because we have to get through the medical board next week before we get the official orders. Should be the beginning of May, though, which means the movers will come some time in the middle of April, which means there's only about a month to get stuff together! All of our worldly possessions will go on ship to Baltimore and then go by truck or train across the States and then board another ship for Hawaii. It's going to take forEVer for it to get to us! We do get a 1000 pound express shipment that comes in about a month (that gets flown over) so we're going to be very creative with what we pack in that. Because we are doing two continuous "overseas" (Hawaii counts as an overseas assignment) tours, we get two weeks at our home-of-record (New Jersey) before we have to report to the new base. We're really looking forward to going home and we're planning on doing Lukas' dedication at our home church while we're there. I am itching to get the dates so I can make invitations and get the plans rolling for that!

Matilda, I'm sorry the scale is being evil for you. Mine went up two pounds overnight. I didn't change my ticker, though. There's no reason it should be where it is.

Heidi, both Tom and I get the moving itch every two years or so! We joke that when he retires we're going to have to move every couple years so we don't go crazy. It'll be weird to stay in the same house for an extended period of time! This will be our tenth house in eleven years of marriage. Craziness!

Cyndi, I hope you get that nap in!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to this chatty group!

Debbie, I'm picturing you and Kirk sitting around your table with the dogs at your feet, enjoying your coffee.

Heidi, love the idea of locking yourself inside to get your niggles done! Have a nice time with your son this evening.

Kara, you make me long for those days when we were in the military and getting ready for a move. It was always sad to leave the friends I'd made, but excited about the prospects of making new friends in a new place. I bet your family is excited about you coming home for a couple of weeks and looking forward to meeting the newest member of your family!

Matilda, that's a bummer to see that blimp on the scale, but at least you realize that it's only temporary. Enjoy your relaxed day at work!

Cyndi, I hope you are fortifying yourself with plenty of coffee this morning, and can squeeze in a nap later! I was awake around 3 this morning, too. You should have called me - we could have had a party! But at least I was able to fall back to sleep. I'm glad the snow in your yard is melting and hope you don't get any more storms of the white variety this year!

Ruth, that's a lotta fabric! How nice of them to donate it for a worthy cause! We're all counting our blessings here, too, and sending up prayers for the victims of the earthquake and tsunami.

Whew! That was a lot of personals for so early in the day for me! I need more coffee!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning everyone.

Heidi and Kara - I am the opposite of itchy to move! My parents lived in one house until I had graduated college and they move to the Midwest. I've been in my current house now 19 years. But if I win the lottery I'll buy houses all over

I'm working out with my mom and trainer today so have to watch my time. It is too easy to get caught up online and look up at the clock and be surprised! My poor teen is not having much of a spring break yet. He is the person from his school who is filming the basketball tournament, 3 hours away, and will end up going 4 days. 6 hours in a van or bus and then hours filming and between games. I bet he wishes we had planned a trip!

It is supposed to be nice here today so I may try to get a walk in outside later.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Prayers going out to anyone affected by Tsunami's yesterday and today.

I am very happy that it is Friday.

Kara- We were unusually in that DH and I only moved to 3 bases while he was in the military- he did 4 bases total. We have lived in our house for 17 years now, the last ten years he was in we stayed here. But when I was a child my dad was in the army and we did move every two years.

Debbie- enjoy your coffee w/Kirk

Cyndi- Hope you get your nap in

to everyone else

This weekend we are going prom dress shopping again, hopefully success and she will find "the dress" she loves. Taking DD2 and a friend of hers to see Rango as well.

Make it a great day everyone.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderul Friday!!!

Annie was really good last night. The girl they got to play Annie had some great pipes on her. It did make for a late night for my son, so I am letting him sleep in a couple extra minutes.

Today is just school and one last Odyessey of the Mind practice. We have our tournament tommorow. The kids are excited which is fun.

I moved about every 4 years growing up. I am a little jealous of my son who will get to grow up in one place. We do not plan on moving around. We do get the travel itch. We love traveling, now if we just had the extra money for it, that would be wonderful.

Jasmine
Closed Thread