General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/236/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Very Physical Job, Rapid Weight Loss

Hi all,
I started a new job a month ago, after being unemployed for months. This is a very physical job. I work in a machine shop as a quality inspector. My job involved lifting very heavy parts out of deep bins that I have to bend over really far into. The parts weigh between 3 and 18 pounds. I know that doesn't seem like much, but when lifting them all day, they are heavy. And I lift the 3 pound parts 4 at a time, so I'm lifting 12 pounds.

I've lost 14 pounds in a month. And that's without even trying. Right now I don't set aside time to exercises like I used to, because my job is a workout. And I don't pay as much attention to what I eat either. I am a very healthy eater. I eat a lot of organic stuff and raw food. Not all, but a lot.

I noticed my first week there I was craving a lot of fatty foods. And I indulged to some extent. I went to KFC and got a double down with potato wedges, etc. I also went to Taco Bell and got a great big Chalupa, etc... I know our bodies sometimes crave what we need. And I think that's what it was. I am not a fast food eater. I mean, once in a great while, but not a lot. Twice in a week is unheard of.

So... anyway... Is there anything I should be eating to help my body be better prepared for the grueling work I do? Any supplements? I want to keep losing weight, but I also want to have the energy and nutrients I need for the job.

And, it gets really hot where I work and so I sweat a lot. It's not just the heat, but the physical intensity of the work. I really hope this isn't all just water weight I've lost.

I have to say though... damn am I looking good. Now only am I getting thinner but I'm also getting buff. I can see the muscle definition in my arms and in my back. It looks hot.
Valhalla Sorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #2  

Wow... is this question really that daunting. Jeez.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #3  

Ok... well, thanks for nothin' all.

Cheers.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #4  

Ok... well what a waste of time this was. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that after this much time not one person has replied to this thread. I thought there were people here on this forum who knew about this stuff?

When I joined I was told I would get so much support. Well, you all blew it.

I won't be back.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Hi Vahalla,

Threads sometimes move slowly on these boards, especially ones where many people may not have the answer to a question proposed. I've found people are hesitant to respond with advice on issues they haven't encountered- which I've found is a good thing because then questions aren't overwhelmed with people spouting whatever they feel like out of their you-know-whats.

Your situation is very unique and having a physically demanding job and losing weight rapidly is not something a lot of people (myself included) have experienced. For most it's the opposite- being sedentary all day has contributed to weight gain throughout the years. Therefore not that many people would be able to provide useful comparisons of their own experiences.

3FC can provide a lot of support, advice, and personal experiences but it's not meant to be a replacement for seeking medical advice. Rapid weight loss may be a question better posed to medical professional.

I am sorry you feel that lack of response on this particular thread as a lack of caring- from my experience starting threads as well, when this happens people just don't feel qualified to answer your question because they haven't had this experience.

Would love for you to stay around 3FC, but if you chose to go, I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey!

Warmly,
indiblue
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #6  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i second what she said, and sometimes, i have more success getting a quick response to a question on a busier section of the forum.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote