View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #12
CurlieFoodie

S/C/G: 288/264/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi. I haven't been around the forum in long while. This might be one of my first posts. Anyway, I've been using the Gabriel Method for a little over a month now. So far I've lost 18 lbs. It seems like a lot but I have a lot to lose. I read the book and downloaded the meditation cd from his website. I found the book to be informative. It definitely addressed the head issues many of us have in regards to our weight. I listen to the meditation cd every night as I go to sleep. I went from thinking losing weight might be impossible to believing it's going to happen. I also noticed that my stress levels are a lot lower than they used to be. I also see food differently than I did when I started. Now I automatically look for the healthiest food I can find.
The best thing I got from Jon Gabriel's book was help in dealing with my internal issues about losing weight. For me, my weight was my protection. I subconsciously believed that as long as I was heavy nothing could really hurt me. I've come to believe that I no longer need my weight for protection and am finding that I'm having a fairly easy time of losing the weight because I've essentially reprogrammed my body and myself to let go of the weight. I find that I want to research good nutrition. I actively seek out and find budget conscious ways to include some organic foods in my diet.
Reading the book, paying special attention to the mental part of weight loss that he writes about, helps tremendously. Listening to the cd every night like Jon recommends in the book is what drives the message home and truly helps turn your thinking around so you can lose the weight. Diets always seemed to stress me out. I was always worried about what I ate. I don't worry about it anymore. I also don't feel the need to use food for comfort.
I think I've gone on long enough. I hope this helps someone who's thinking of trying the Gabriel Method. (The mediation cd is a MUST. You can download it for free from his website if you have a copy of the book. There's a code inside the book that allows you to get the mediatation download for free.)
CurlieFoodie is offline   Reply With Quote