Old 02-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #1  
♥ -Laura- ♥

S/C/G: 201.5/193/132

Height: 5'4

Question I don't "get" Turbo Jam.

So much hype going around about Turbo Jam. I was so excited when my friend mailed me her DVD's so I could try them out myself. --I don't get it. For me, the workout seems very 80's aerobics to me. Did I get the wrong DVD sent to me?

Turbo Jam
Includes 5 workouts
LEARN & BURN
20 MINUTE
TURBO SCULPT
CARDIO PARTY
AB JAM
--from Beachbody

Is there a newer version than this?
I'm just not liking it.

This isn't just to knock the DVD... I seriously want to know if I have an outdated version compared to what everyone else is excited about.
LauraGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/131/120

Height: 5'6"

There are newer versions that what you have but, having said that, I LOVE the original TJ. I love Chalene, too.
spykesfaythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #3  
♥ -Laura- ♥

S/C/G: 201.5/193/132

Height: 5'4

okay, so there are newer versions.
Thanks for letting me know.
LauraGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #4  
Elena-Aria<3

S/C/G: 163/ticker/115

Height: 5ft2

Theres a newer version called Turbofire. The TurboJam workouts I think are very effective though and its not thattt old. Its from 2005 I think. I do turbojam and loveee it. I havent tryed the new version. To know whether or not you got the wrong one was what you were hearing a lot of good news about Turbojam or Turbofire?
Elenaaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

as the others have said, there is Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam.

the Turbo Jam workouts have always been the same workouts being sold on Beachbody right now. There are add ons and more TJ workouts, but they are similar to the 5 you have, just different moves and music.

I didn't click with them when I first got them, they kinda grew on me one day when I needed something challenging to do without too much jumping around... and then I was hooked and now I love Chalene and everything she puts out. Maybe you just need to do them a few times and get a feel for them? The 80's style might just be Chalene's own style going on with the clothes and such... but I don't think there were any kickboxing workouts out in the 80s
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #6  

I love Turbo Jam, but I did find Chalene a little annoying at first. Maybe that's what is giving you the 80s feel. She's too perky. But after getting addicted to the rest of her workout programs, I decided that she was just trying a little too hard in some of the Turbo Jam dvds. I feel like she is more natural and just acting like herself in Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #7  
banned

I have the exact DVD you mentioned, and I'm not too big on it either. It's just not ... fun, I guess. Eh. I bought it, because with all the hype going on, I thought it would be more fun. It's not very challenging to me, either, and I'm not in too good of shape, either, but to me, that's a plus. Still, I guess it depends on your preference.

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 02-27-2011 at 10:40 PM.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote