Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #1  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Default kick my rear back on track!

So the last week has been shaky for me and my eating and exercise. It all started last weekend when I got a nasty cold/flu and was stuck in bed feeling like garbage for a few days. Now I've got this bad nagging cough that won't go away. It's keeping me from doing any hard cardio (I was running 15km per week before getting sick).

Add to that the crazy desires for comfort food while sick, birthday cheesecake at the office, dinner out and at friends'.....well, it's been a challenging food week.

I've been doing well at staying mostly in control, but you probably know all too well what a slippery slope this can be....I've eaten some less-than-great foods in the past few days and now my body is craving more of the junk.

Tomorrow starts a new week. Please oh please 3FC wise ones....give me a kick in the butt and some encouragement to ignore the cravings and get fully back on plan this coming week. TIA!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #2  
Happy Member

OK, any day is a great day to restart our new healthy life, and so often we all need to restart ourselves.

So start tomorrow. You know what you need to do, you've done it before. So DO it.

You have lost a lot of weight, and you want to lose some more. The basics are eat less and move more. I don't know what specific healthy eating plan you were on, but get back on it!!!

Life happens, we have to deal with it. Best of luck to you.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #3  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

All I gotta say is ---

"There's no such thing as failure. There's only feedback. Stop judging yourself & start recognizing it for what it is, an entry point for learning. The truth is, if you're not failing then you're not really reaching & really trying. If you don't like the outcome of a situation, learn from it, make corrections & reapproach wiser & stronger until you achieve your goals."

:-)

I love your tag line, btw!

But yeah, there isn't anything worse than getting sick and all of your defenses come crumbling down. Our bodies are weak so is our willpower. But once you start feeling better and you are able to incorporate exercise back into your routine, you'll come back harder and stronger! I know it'll be tough for a couple days detoxing from the bad food you have been eating but you'll find your way back as if you never skipped a beat!

And I have to say...WOW on how far you have come so far!! What an amazing accomplishment!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #4  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

LOL ShanIAm! Thanks for reminding me of that.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #5  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I'm sorry you've had a rough week.

BUT! I'm entirely sure that your next week will be better. Why not treat yourself to something that's both a reward and a kick-start--a trip to a local wildlife refuge or zoo that involves a lot of walking around, for instance, or a long window-shop in your favorite shopping district? For me, having something fun or exciting to do can be a great incentive to move around when ordinary exercise feels blah. I can't punish myself thinner, but I've found that I can sometimes pamper myself into healthier behavior.

I like to give myself a mani/pedi when I crave stuff I don't need. That way my fingernails are too sticky to poke into a box of crackers and my toenails are too damp to wander into the kitchen in the first place. When I'm done, I have nice-looking nails instead of guilt.

You really have made awesome progress so far. I'm sure you won't let a few rhinoviruses get you down for long.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

The best thing about your "bad week"... is that you realize it was bad. You have done so well, and you understand what it takes to get the results you want. So... the "easy" part is just to get back on that horse. You are a great inspiration and I am positive you will pick up where you left off.
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote