View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
kaplods

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

These calculators are notoriously inaccurate. They're based on averages, not individuals. You might only burn 2000 calories, or you might burn 4000.

It is very possible that on 1500 calories you might lose 2 lbs a week (1 lb every 3 days). It's also very possible that you would lose more or less.

Also some people find that what they eat matters. "A calorie is a calorie" is a bit misleading if you think that means you will lose equally well on 1500 calories of snickers bars as on 1500 calories of lean proteins and produce.

What you eat, can affect your metabolism (how much you burn). I know for myself (more so now than twenty years ago) it very much does depend on what I'm eating. To lose the same amount of weight, I can eat more calories (about 500 more I'd estimate from my food journals) on low-carb eating. Somehow, low-carb seems to increase my metabolism (I do feel I have more energy).

You don't have to figure out the math, you just have to make sure that what you're doing is working. Trial and error are the only tools you need. Experiment with different foods, food plans, calorie levels, and exercise plans. You'll find a system that works for you. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to move you in the right direction.

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!

Last edited by kaplods; 02-25-2011 at 11:03 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote