Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 02:31 PM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default majorly depressed

i have been losing weight now for 14months. in that time i have tried it all pills diets everything all mixed with lots of excersise. i have lost 100lb and feel good about that but. my body is drained i have irregular sleep patterns mood swings. sometimes i shake uncontrollably and often get dizzy spells.. i've been training really hard lifting weights and thai kick boxing. but now i have barely the energy to leave the house i often go for 5-6 weeks at a time iwth no more than 3 hrs sleep a night am always hungry. no matter how much i eat.

life was made more difficult for me just before christmas when my gf of 2 years cheated on me and attacked me in our lounge infont of my friends. she went off with the other guy and made a point of kicking when i was down by telling me everytime we met that she was so happy and laughing at the fact i couldn't find anyone. cos i was fat and ugly. life is really **** at the moment and at times i wish i could die. the only thing that is keeping me going is the will to reach my target weight. so i darn't not stop training and dieting even though its destroying me cos i know if i stop i'll nothing to live for
Old 04-21-2003, 03:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Slimming - congratulations on the 100 lb weight loss! That is great! You must have worked really hard to do that and you should be proud of your accomplishments. But it seems like that physically you should be feeling better then what you describe. Have you been to a doctor laterly? you might need a really good checkup and should discuss these things with your doctor.

I'm sorry about the breakup with your girlfriend.

If you are dealing with depression, and it sounds like you may be, then that would explain some of the things that you are feeling also. I really think you need to discuss all of this with a doctor and see if he can help you.

We would all be glad to get to know you so jump right in on the daily threads.

I hope things get better!

take care,
Cathyxxx
Old 04-21-2003, 03:04 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

si. what on earth is going on here??? what are you eating? what are you taking? either you're on speed [or some equivalent] or your thyroid has gone into overdrive, or there's something else going on. in short, this sounds more like a physical problem than depression

and WHY are you listening to that little tramp????? she has nothing to say to you. not now, not ever. there are PLENTY of lovely young women who would be happy to hang out with you. so what if you haven't met her yet? focus on taking care of yourself.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:10 PM   #4  
Becomming a Monster

Default lifesytle

well i'm not on speed. have been taking combinations of thermogenics. i.e xenadrine with hydroxycut. 5 pills is alot to swallow. my training consist of floor excersises everyday situps crunches pushup's things like that. i have a manual job refitting railroad cars. involves climbing and carrying heavy things. plus every other day i do 2 hours of boxing drills. and 10x2 mins of skipping with 30 seconds off. at the moment i'm eating around about 1500 calories a day which is mainly cos i'm broke and can't afford anything
Old 04-21-2003, 03:26 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

si. stop the thermogenics. it's a form of speed. i'm very very serious about this.

and you really need to cut back on your physical activity. only until the xenadrine clears out of your system, and you're feeling better.

and while i certainly understand the lack of money thing, it also sounds as if you're choosing the xenadrine over food. not a good idea.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:05 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jiff is right,

It took me a year to lose about 100 lbs, and I also suffered some of the things you mentioned above, I remember the shaking like it was yesterday. I went to the doctor and my BP was sky high, so he automatically wanted to do a kidney test to see if something was going on. Thank God I was okay. It was due to the rapid weight loss and not eating correctly (what did I know, I was young and duh).

Your body is under way to much stress, not enuf food and to much exercise, plus this little girl (can't call her a woman if she does that to you). You don't need her crap.

How much more weight do you need to lose ?

Okay you need to realize that your world is going to change and for the better, I bet you look fantastic !! You'll see the more you hold your head up and smile the more people (women) will be attracted to you. You do not need or want someone like your ex-gf. Oh no, there are alot of wonderful women out there, and if the next one doesn't work out phooie, scratch it off as experience and on to the next.. I promise the right one will come along, especially when your not looking.

Now about the pills - STOP ! yes they are a form of speed. You need to put the brakes on NOW and start treating your body with respect (this comes from experience YES). The damage your doing now is not going to be worth it in the long run...trust me.

Eat properly, eat enuf calories, good calories, exercise is great, keep it up.... Don't let this chick destroy what you have worked on so hard for. You deserve better, you deserve to be happy okay!! and you will be.

Wish I could pull your ear and yell this at you

Life goes on, and its so worth living. You should be dang proud of yourself, but honestly, stop the pills okay.

Buy a good vitamin if you can't get all the nutrients from your food.

Hugssss !! let us know how your doing okay hun.

Love, Leenie (boy did this fire me up )
Old 04-25-2003, 12:56 PM   #7  

Think about it this way...what's worse, being alone, or being with someone who would treat you (or anyone) the way she's treated you? Might want to throw that back at those lovely souls who insist on informing you of the nasty vicious tripe she's spreading around. (hug)

As for something to live for. :/ Your problems aren't gonna magically disappear when you hit your goal weight. Been there, learned that one the hard way...

And GO TO A DOCTOR! (huge hugs)
Old 04-25-2003, 02:42 PM   #8  
Becomming a Monster

well i know hitting my target weight won't solve all my probs though it'll do my confidence and self esteem the world of good. cos when i hit my target weight i'm gonna be entering the ring for real and having my first propper fight. and i can't weight <<< lol

there is alot of people around here that know how hard i'm training and also know how much weight i have lost and so on and i've gained much respect for that but i'll gain so much more by stepping through those ropes.
Closed Thread