South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 04:29 AM   #1  
Mous

Talking SBD Daily Chat: Saturday, February 5

Good Morning,

The sun came out and melted some of our 9+ inches of snow!

I bought a sweet potato (1) and when I peeled it, it was a WHITE one! I made an apple/sweet potato casserole out of it.

How is everyone doing so far? Any problems?

Will be staying in today due to the weather. My Lou use to live in Alaska so he isn't bothered by roads just the people in the other cars!

I tell you it was so funny watching Charley in the snow. It was almost as tall as he is! But he does have a very large path in the backyard.

Any good ideas for something 'veggie' to make?

Take care.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Marcie! Thanks for getting us started this morning! I guess it's 2 of our 3 Colorado chicks this am! It must be our recently acquired good weather! I was just out with the pups and it's balmy. I was just looking for veggie recipes, myself. I found a 10 Vegetable Stew in an Amer. Test Kitchen cookbook that I think I'll try. It's supposed to have the perfect veggie combo. BTW-I've never heard of a white sweet potato.

I'm already up and at 'em....my Sis is coming on Tuesday and I spent most of yesterday bailing my Mother's proverbial boat. Now I'm bailing mine. Kirk is moving his weight bench upstairs to the tv room since we moved the tv down since Rudi can't get up the stairs. It will be nice to have the weights accessible...I might just use them.

Have a great day everyone! I'll be back!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-05-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You Colorado Chicks slay me! I am pretty sure you are two hours difference in time and yet are so much earlier than we Easterners. Do you get up at four your time to get in here at six my time?

Clear and winter is today's forecast for Delta's winter carnival. We are actually going "up" to freezing point - 0ºC or 32ºF. It's a veritable heat wave! The Christmas garlands frozen to the porch may thaw enough to be taken down. That's be good because it seems we have more Arctic weather and another blizzard on the way next week.

Time for coffee and a dog cuddle. Disney has discovered that she actually likes to be groomed and just brought me the brush. Nothing like a dog adding things to my To Do list!

On we go!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello, nice to be here.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #5  
Mous

Hi Bella always glad to see you here.

Disney needs to teach my Charley that it is nice to be groomed. We are expecting more cold and snow but fingers are croosed that we all will bypass this next storm.

I have never eaten so many veggies and to be HONEST I AM LIKING IT! Am. test kitchen is always an interesting show. I learn from them and have always wondered why Cris wears a bow tie!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #6  

Hey everybody...I think we are finally on the mend here! Hoping to get back in the kitchen this weekend! We are skipping basketball today for both the boys until they are 100%. We are also planning on helping with a church project later today so we won't be running crazy all day. I'm really kinda glad because I can get some cooking for the week done! I saw a link on Heidi's blog for Mexican Pizza...I am thinking of trying that for the Super Bowl supper...anyone know what kind of whole wheat/grain crust would be good?

Hey Bella, Ruth, Marcie, and Debbie....happy Saturday!!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #7  
Mous

Decided to make Roasted Yellow Squash with Spinach & Almond Pesto

Morning, Litar

Old 02-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning managed to sleep in a little in spite of the cats. They do not approve of sleeping in. I'm working today so making an abbreviated weekend chore list. Tonight DW is doing a benefit concert for the local homeless shelter. We are really hoping this storm doesn't amount to much with me driving back and forth over the mountains and the concert tonight.

I still can't see the bird feeders in the yard because of all the snow outside my window. I really hope it's warm enough to melt off soon! What a winter around here.

Have a good day Chicks!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
You Colorado Chicks slay me! I am pretty sure you are two hours difference in time and yet are so much earlier than we Easterners. Do you get up at four your time to get in here at six my time?
haha Ruth Maybe it's the high altitude?? We wake up early looking for oxygen.lol
It's so cute that Disney is bringing you a brush...I think Bing would eat his if he could find a way.Keep warm and let's start dreaming of gardening!

Lisa, glad your kiddos are feeling better! I'll have to check out the Mexican Pizza...I'm looking right now to see if I can find it...Kalyn's Kitchen has a recipe for a 5 minute WW bread that I've used for pizza crust. Here it is...http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/20...eat-bread.html. I keep a sm bag of vital wheat gluten in the freezer for when I make this. I have actually frozen part of it and it works on the thaw although I seem to remember you're supposed to add more yeast if you're going to freeze it.

Okie, Glad your Super Bowl weekend has finally arrived! Plan healthy, friend!\\

Cyndi, I'm glad my kitty hasn't talked to yours! lol So sorry you have to work today...I suppose you're behind because of the snow. Have fun at the benefit tonight.

Marcie, your recipe choice sounds delightful! I have pesto in my fridge. I used to love Food Network, but so many of the shows seem to emphasis unhealthy/overeating. I love the bowtie guy because he seems to be interested in what I would call "sane eating".

Ok, I may slide into bed for a cat nap before we have to meet Mom for breakfast....
Old 02-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Happy Saturday. I'm going to go out for a walk, and then take my son over to the church fair. He is excited to spend his allowance! I'll be on the lookout for some things too - not that I need anything. We didn't end up going out to dinner last night because my husband had to work until 10pm (!) so my friend came over here and we ordered in. I was SB compliant but not points compliant - but I already knew that. Tonight we're having chinese so it'll be that situation again tonight too.

Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 02-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I slept in and waited until I could smell the coffee before I got up. It's a good day for sleeping in here, it's a cold, gray day with a freezing rain/ice mix. I'm going to make a nice pot of thick soup and stay put all day. I didn't get around to making the split pea soup yesterday, we decided on Kashi pizza instead.

Marcie, your dinner idea sounds like a winner. I love almost any vegetable and have decided that the simpler you prepare them, the better.

Debbie, enjoy your balmy weather! I hope it won't be too much longer before we finally break out of this arctic blast that has plagued the northeast this winter.

Okie, I hope you have a nice day planned.

Ruth, that's adorable that Disney wants to be a girlie doggie and wants some pampering. I'm glad you're having a nice clear day for the winter festival.

Litar, I'm glad the boys are recovering. Check in our recipes section here for some crust ideas for your pizza. I believe there are a couple of good ones in there, or you could make a nice crust with spagetti squash or ground meat, too. Mexican pizza sounds interesting, I hope you all enjoy it!

Cyndi, I hope the roads aren't too bad for your commuting today. How did the radio interviewing go yesterday? I'm waiting for this snow to melt here, too. I haven't seen the ground since early December! Have fun at Julie's benefit concert tonight, and I hope it's a big success.

Jake and I are both hungry for pancakes this morning, so I'm going to go whip up a whole wheat batter with blueberries.

Have a safe and snug Saturday!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Windsong - I had sweet potatoes last night for dinner. Yum.

Debbie - Ten is a lot of veggies! Maybe you balmy weather will come my way.

Ruth - Brr for a carnival!

Okie - What's up?

Lisa - Mexican pizza sound yummy. I just saw a recipe the other day for a pizza with a cauliflower base that I want to try sometime.

Cyndi - How'd your radio thing go?

Matilda - Chinese is so hard; I think it is the sodium or MSG.

Linda - I didn't make my dal either since DH went out around dinner time to the HS basketball game.

Tonight is Sweetheart Dance so there is the parent photo taking later. I feel sorry for the girls who will be in heels and skimpy dresses in this weather!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #13  

Thanks everyone for the "crust" ideas....I am researching ideas online! I will let you know how it turns out!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #14  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I hit the treadmill and got some laundry going before I checked in this morning. It still felt early to me until I got here. It's 8:30 but after all your early morning posts I'm starting to feel like the day is half over!

It's sunny but very cold. 0 right now. I'm hoping it will warm up though, I'm really anxious to get out on my snowshoes. I'd planned to go out after school yesterday but something came up and it was dark before I knew it. I've hardly used them at all this winter because it's been so stinking cold!

Lisa, I can get ww pizza dough at my deli (most of the time). It's kind of pricey but worth it because it's so easy and quick. My son used this recipe when I didn't have any ready made in the fridge, and we were happy with it. We're having the Mexican pizza tonight. We really like it, I hope you and your family will too.

Cyndi, is it snow or ice for you today? I should check the weather map again. It's snow for us but ice/sleet south of us. Drive carefully. I'm also wondering how the radio interview went yesterday.....

Debbie, I keep thinking I should do something with my hand weights. I used them faithfully for about 6 weeks last winter.. then I got my wii. There's just not enough time to do everything I 'should' or everything I 'want' to do.

Fergie's getting ready to leave so I need to log off and see what his plans are. Hello to the rest of you. Have a great weekend friends!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning from the lazy Coloradian, but let it please be noted it is only 7:45 a.m. I don't think I can ever compete with my fellow Coloradians and get up that early.

Today should be lovely for me. My DH and DS are having a boys day, which include DH taking son to his play. This is a the first time DH has offered. So I get the whole day to do whatever I want. I am meeting a friend for lunch and a movie. She is preggers with her first, so it is fun to get together with her and hear her excitement. I also am going to try another new reciepe for chickpea tacos.

Have a great Saturday!!!
Closed Thread