Old 01-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default January 2011 Chatter_LAWL

Sure, let the least active member start a new thread! Jillian - I keep thinking about how great you have done....and really, it sounds like a lot of common sense - exercise and eat right...I'm sooo tired of all the gimmicks that I told myself I was going to follow the Jillian plan (only I'm not a vegan, so it's your plan with my kind of food). I've got a cruise coming up in March, so my goal is to work out almost everyday (either an hour spin class or 4 miles on my DREADmill). So far so good (8 miles logged)....I also realized this weekend that work has made me fat :-). I have not been the least bit consumed by food this weekend....no grazing at the fridge and no crazy cravings either.

Not sure if Nicole is lurking, but how you doing??????

Julie - when is your surgery date? It's got to be soon............

Hi to all the others.....I'll chime back in as time permits.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Joni-my surgery is on the 18th . . .i'm so ready to just do this. The waiting/worrying is driving me nuts. Christmas was a good distraction but now that it's over-my brain is on overdrive.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

JM - it will be here before you know it!

Joni - I am back at the exercise thing too. Me and the other 300 new people at my gym. Except now I am one of "them" too (haven't been in a month or more, starting over with all of the new year resolutioners.)
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Happy new year everybody!!! Time to kick this extra weight, again! SHeesh! LOL At least this time I'm way ahead of where I started originally so thats a plus! I did TO right before New years eve, I think people thought I was nuts but I decided I wasnt waiting on January 1st to get my butt in gear! I'm seriously tired of not feeling good, again! Dangit! LOL So my goal is to get healthier and skinnier will follow! Good luck everybody!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

good morning all! Joni--thanks for the nice words, i'm vegetarian..don't do much vegan anymore with X, but yes..the key is good food and exercise--CONSISTENTLY. i've got some new goals for myself this year that involve running, i've made a schedule for myself that is 10wks long, so i'm excited to see what i accomplish by then.

nicole, has been pretty busy with family, holidays, kids off school, etc. etc...you know her ALWAYS and FOREVER busy!

JM--maybe a good book while walking or a break at work would take your mind off of the upcoming surgery? either way, super excited for you!

Kim--you're not one of "them!" so what that you took a month break..it's not like you haven't worked out in a year or more like most of those people. stick it out and see who's left in the next few months. see if you can OUTLAST them all!

i hope more people start to check in and at least say hi. i'm sure they will since, afterall, it is January--the time of "starting over"..but it'd be nice to hear from a few old-bie peeps.

anyways..i've got a busy baby running around in only a diaper--her favorite! she goes nuts-o when she's naked. (actually, i should stop calling her that since she'll be 2yr old in a few months!)

hope everyone is well and i'm happy that my pics/story/journey have caused inspiration! i've got a pic in my profile that shows a good deal of my progress. i can post more if anyone would like to see more.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #6  
WonderWoman

hi Kim--good to see you!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #7  

good morning .
today is my start again date,was off all through the holidays which is ok.cause today is a new day
I am on plan 1 with lites and I do have one question if I do not want to take lites what do I add on to daily plan? thought maybe a P and a S ?
Happy new year!! heres to healthy eating and exercise!!
katiedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #8  

Jillian, you look amazing chickie!!! What an inspiration!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #9  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Katie-If you don't do the lites-the general rule is to jump up a plan.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
Kim--you're not one of "them!" so what that you took a month break..it's not like you haven't worked out in a year or more like most of those people. stick it out and see who's left in the next few months. see if you can OUTLAST them all!
I guess I should have qualified my comments by saying that I don't pass judgement on the resolutionists, but dang it, that parking lot is FULL! On the other hand, I do feel better because I know that I am more comfortable working out than they are!

Nice profile pic too, Jillian. Great color on you.

Welcome Katie - Julie Marie is right, go up a plan if you do not do the lites. I am not well versed in the plan differences anymore, but they might be on this forum somewhere....

Kim numba 2!!! Good to " see" you again!

Last edited by Kimphin; 01-03-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, It seems like the bulk of the resolution peeps are gone by 3 weeks into the new year. I heard that about 20% of them actually keep their resolutions and become gym regulars. My DH has counted how many spin classes he has done all these years that he's been coming with me, and it is over 500 classes. We keep each other going, as if it had just been me, I likely would have stopped at some point over the last more than 4 years.
We went this morning and it felt good.

I got another cortisone shot in my foot, and I'm hopeful that helps me get over this problem so that I can be more active. I really missed out on the hiking this last summer! I think we only managed one short hike and normally we would go many times and on much longer hikes.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2011!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

hey all..so nice to see people stopping by to post!

here's a few of my tallies for last year:

2010 year in review:

TOTAL WORKOUTS DONE: 178 (kinda sucky considering there's 365 days in the year)
TOTAL POUNDS LOST: 48.2
TOTAL INCHES LOST (OVERALL): 20 inches
Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #13  
Kim - IP 9/10

Pretty impressive stats Jillian
Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #14  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone! Just checking in. I havent got on the scale for quite a few weeks now but I will soon. Since January 1rst, I havent eaten any junk food, its been pretty healthy for me. I havent been following a food plan, just eating healthy food! Last night I did have a rum and coke, its just sounded tasty but thats has been my only downfall. Actually I usually feel gross after I drink pop so maybe I will give that up soon.
I am hoping that 2011 is going to be a fantastic year!
Good luck to everyone with their goals. I wish all of you success!!!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #15  

I've had a fantastic day, back to work today after Christmas vacation. All the secretaries went to lunch together, everybody at the table got cheeseburgers and french fries....besides me!! I had a grilled chicken caesar salad! WOOO hoooo! I was quite proud of myself!!! Sorry I just had to brag on myself! LOL