Old 01-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #1  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Shrimp recipe?

I used to have a 3-month planner with a recipe for a shrimp dish - I think it was lemon garlic shrimp, or lemon-herb shrimp. I realize this is a pretty vague description, but would anybody happen to have that recipe? I can't find my copy.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I make a shrimp dish in the summer with fresh tomatoes, but it could probably be done with canned. It goes something like this (from memory, so not exact):

quarter about eight fresh tomatoes. Layer them in a casserole. Spoon over them about 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, T. or so of chopped garlic, and a little sea salt. Toss and then bake (roast) for about 20 min (I think at 400 or 450-- pretty high).

Then remove and add about a lb. or two of shrimp (thawed and peeled), some chopped parsley, and about two T. of lemon juice. Then sprinkle with feta cheese (the kind that's basil/tomato flavored works great with this).

Return to oven and bake another 10 or so - until shrimp turn pink and are cooked.

Can be served in a bowl (gets sort of liquidy) or over something (rice or whatever). This is an absolutely delicious lemony shrimp recipe, and it's super easy and quick to make.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Okay, this is a kind of scampi.

In about a tablespoon of olive oil, cook about 15 shrimp for a couple minutes, flip them over & cook the other side, then take them out with a slotted spoon & set them aside.

In the pan, which you've now flavored, throw three minced garlic cloves and two thinly sliced shallots or part of a thinly sliced red onion. (At this point, I will toss in rinsed canned artichokes; you don't have to.)

In that immediately goes a sprinkle of pepper, chopped parsley (you can use dry, but it won't affect the flavor, just make it prettier), the juice from one lemon, and one-third cup of white wine. Cook this for a short time, then, if you want, and you're up for it, throw in maybe one tablespoon of real butter. Finally pile on the shrimp. Stir them through. You shouldn't cook them for long.

I'd serve this over a tiny portion of whole-wheat linguini or on top of cannellini beans.

Last edited by saef; 01-21-2011 at 07:59 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #4  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote