Old 01-01-2011, 05:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Starting 181.5, goal 130

Height: 5'3"

Default xbox360 with Kinect

I have such a hard time spending money on myself but as a Christmas/New Year gift I bought myself an xbox360 bundled with the Kinect. I bought one work out "game" and tried it out tonight. That has to be the best thing I ever did!!! I also got some ankle weight so that I can wear them around the house, out for walks and grocery and stuff. I have always been terrified to work out in front of people and I think this is a happy medium. I cannot wait till my kids come back home so they can play these games and work out with me.

If anyone else is tired of going to try to work out with a bunch of skinny chicks in front of a bunch of guys and you have a little money to splurge on yourself I totally recommend it! Also, perk, no crazy controllers like the Wii to keep up with! It has an "eye" that senses your motion so your hands are free for weights too!
runsfromcameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #2  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

YAY!! I'm so glad you like it! I'm thinking of getting a kinect while Dexter is deployed, if he doesn't take his xbox with him. But I'm glad it is "working out" (pun intended!!) for you.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #3  
Starting again Jan. 2013

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I love my kinect! Best money ever spent!
gvntofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Awesome!! Glad y'all are liking Kinect- me three!! What games are y'all playing? Listing by workout intensity (high to low/hard to easy), I play Zumba, Dance Central and Kinect Adventures.

They have a Wii-Fit challenge thread in the Exercise forums; we should make a Kinect Challenge thread... if we do, I'll pledge to do 20 min Zumba and 10 min Dance Central at least 3-4x/week.
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #5  
Starting again Jan. 2013

I'm doing The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout.
It is awesome, you set up a workout plan based on intensity level and duration, how many days a week you want to do it and how many weeks also. You also chose whether you want Bob or Jillian to train you.
It makes sure you are in perfect form too.
I am so sore from yesterday's workout and I don't have a scheduled day off until Friday!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #6  

gvntofly, I had to lookup The Biggest Loser to see what it was about. What kind of workouts do you like doing on there? Gamestop said it had over 120 exercises and one reviewer said it works you harder than kinect sports. TBL sounds like a real exercise game

I love Dance Central (has a workout mode with stopwatch that times your total workout and calculates calories burned), but my issue is that I don't sweat as much with it as with Zumba. Yesterday I did 40 min of the Zumba game (party mode, 20 min easy/beginner workouts 1 & 2) and that was a real workout (definitely had to pause at least 1-2x per workout to catch my breath).
Old 01-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #7  
Starting again Jan. 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretgirl View Post
gvntofly, I had to lookup The Biggest Loser to see what it was about. What kind of workouts do you like doing on there? Gamestop said it had over 120 exercises and one reviewer said it works you harder than kinect sports. TBL sounds like a real exercise game

I love Dance Central (has a workout mode with stopwatch that times your total workout and calculates calories burned), but my issue is that I don't sweat as much with it as with Zumba. Yesterday I did 40 min of the Zumba game (party mode, 20 min easy/beginner workouts 1 & 2) and that was a real workout (definitely had to pause at least 1-2x per workout to catch my breath).
TBL is a real workout game. I am soaked in sweat after my workouts. On my scheduled days off I enjoy doing 20 minutes of yoga on the game, but my scheduled workouts are picked by the game. After going through a fitness test and the body analyzer the game will show you what focus is best for you. Then you pick your program. Each day is a different workout. That's why it's so much better than videos. You don't get burnt out doing the same exact workout everytime you exercise.

I am in week one of my 12 week focus and I am really sore. Almost sore enough to stop me from working out!!! I fought through the workout yesterday and felt much better when it was done. I am sore still today, so I will have to fight through it again. Then I can take Friday off.

I am not even using weights or bands yet! I am this sore from the basic workouts!

You also weigh-in weekly!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #8  

Wow- TBL sounds intense and interactive!! That may be the next Kinect game I get now. I guess in another thread they were debating between Your Shape and EA Active 2 (I've never tried either, so have no idea on them). But I guess those are the 3 top workout games.

Did 40 min of Intermediate Zumba yesterday. The only thing I don't like so far is it does the same cool-down song each time (but I haven't tried Difficult yet, so maybe it'll change then). My calf muscles are sore!! (lol)

Last edited by ferretgirl; 01-06-2011 at 12:03 PM.