Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Default Lost

I'm back everyone... but not in my normal Threads.I found out I was pregnant in August. I had lost 30 pounds before I found out. Since then, I have put on 40. I am so depressed. I dont want to change my ticker until after the baby is born. My doctor said I put it on so quickly because my diet was so restrictive before. has anyone else gone through this. 40 pounds at 24 weeks along?
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

What kind of a diet were you doing before?? I gained 18lbs total when I was pregnant, but I do know a few friends who gained anywhere between 60 and 80lbs total (not sure where any of them were at the 24 week point).
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I put on 65 lbs with my first baby. 35 lbs my 28 weeks and a whopping 30 lbs between weeks 30 and 37 (he was early, I was induced due to some medical complications.)

My biggest problem was eating WAY too much and all the wrong things. I ate boatloads of chocolate and other treats and almost no veggies. I didn't exercise and my weight just went up and up and up, sometimes gaining as much as 5 lbs in one week.

Why are you depressed? I know that, with my first, I went through a bit of a mourning period. I was sad that it wasn't ever going to be just DH and me ever again. But, I started thinking ahead to all of the fantastic things that were coming and it pulled me out of that a bit. Mostly, I just let myself mourn for a while. I don't know if that sounds familiar, but sometimes you just have to let yourself be a little sad. Then you pick yourself up, dust off, and move forward.

Babies are amazing. Pregnancy is only for a short time, and you can lose weight after baby is born. Start new from here on out and try to curb the weight gain a little. Even if you don't, a healthy, happy baby is what's important! That little one certainly won't care about the size of your bum, just that you're his/her mommy.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

I gained 45 lbs with my first, on bedrest.

Make sure you're making every calorie count! If you didn't gain anymore from here on out, you'd probably be fine. Cut down on sodium intake, drink lots of water, cut out sodas, and eat fruits and veggies for snacks. If you need protein (I need LOTS when I'm preggo) eat boiled eggs, nitrate/nitrite-free turkey lunchmeat, and preportioned nuts. Make huge salads to fill your tummy.

I ate the healthiest with my son, and he is the one of my children who LOVES veggies the most (he's TWO years old!). Do it for your baby if not for you.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote