View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 07:05 PM   #12
Kanola
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking :)

Hey everyone!! Great to see so many posts already on the new thread!!

Welcome back to Snowey and Hockychic!! Awesome to see that people come back to us!!

Hmmm… I will give you the short version of the life of Nola…. Aka Kanola.

I grew up near Edmonton Alberta and lived there for 8 years. I almost completed a degree in science, almost finished the courses for an accountant, almost finished my designation in North America for a commercial real estate manager…… and have worked in commercial real estate for about 5 years now. I love the industry but dislike my current job as I will likely be made redundant in the next couple of months…. Oh well.

I met my hubby in Whistler when I attended a conference there. He is Aussie and was doing a 5 week ski course. Love at first site and we had a LONG distance relationship for 3 years and finally decided to get married and I moved to Melbourne 2 years ago. I love Australia. We took up motorcycles a year ago and are both still on our restricted licenses so we have a 250 Hornet and a 250 Spada. They are both naked (no plastic bits) sports bikes and my goal is to do a track day outside of Melbourne on an international grand prix track….. with a bigger bike of course!!! We have 2 cats and no children. I am 31 and really have no intentions of pursuing a family at this time, I am enjoying career life and married life right now!!

I started putting on weight once I was out of university and working full time. I could never seem to fit exercise into my schedule. I went back to school part time until I moved to Australia and it seemed like between working, studying, life in general…. Exercise became less and less frequent. DH and I kept in touch via the internet and this meant most evenings included 2 hour chat sessions. I gained 20 lbs between the time I met him and the time I arrived in Aus…. Half of that was during the last 5 months when I sold my house, quit my job and said good bye to my family and friends…. I ate a lot of pizza and drank a lot of beer!!!

I have lost about 20 lbs since joining WW last September. It has been a slow scale loss for me, but I have gone from an 18 – 12 in clothing sizes and could really use some smaller clothes!!! I follow the WW plan modified because I do several fitness classes, cardio and bodypump and circuit classes. I increase my protein intake using protein powder in my oatmeal, egg whites (0 points) and cottage cheese. Consistently I eat over my points, but I make sure that it is healthy good food and not junk!!! I would like to lose another 10 lbs to get me to my pre-college weight. WW is a scale based program and it is tough to lose that mind set, I have been recording my measurements, taking photos and I keep trying on my ‘large’ clothes to remind myself how far I have come. It has been a lifestyle change for us.

I have had some medical tests in the last 2 weeks because there have been some variances in my blood work. I was feeling very fatigued and had low energy levels, which is very out of character for me. On the blood work that came back there was slightly high cholesterol levels and indications of liver problems. I had an ultrasound yesterday and more bloodwork so I should find out by the end of the week what came up with those tests!! The best case scenario is ... gallstones!!

Wow….. I really need to get stuck into work even though my motivation level is low!!!

Have a good on plan day everyone!!!

Nola.

------------------------------
Determined to reach Goal by March 1, 2006
Visit my online journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/kanola/
------------------------------
Measurement devices:
Daily - Use the Mirror
Weekly- Use the Scales
Monthly - Use the Camera
Annually - Use the Relatives
Kanola is offline   Reply With Quote