Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/214/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Jenny again?

I tried JC a few years ago and the food ran $120-$140 a week and I remember that I also had to pay a program fee of about $350 since I didn't qualify for the "lose all the weight you want for XX amount plus the cost of food!" since I have more than 20lbs to lose. I had to stop after a few weeks cause I couldn't afford it (and yes, that was a waste of my $350 too that I couldn't get back)I am thinking of trying JC again to give me a boost since WW has started to stall for me but i only want to lose 20 and then see how I am-if I want to continue since I wasn't on it long enough before to see if it was working for me. Do you think if I did it online and lied about how much weight I need to lose, it would work? I mean if they don't see me, they can't prove that I have more to lose, right? I am just trying to avoid the program fee right away while I decide if the program will work, ya know?
candyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #2  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Personally, I could never see paying to lose weight (other than the cost of meals). Why not try another frozen meal delivery plan? There are so many that go week by week with no long term commitment. For instance, I've been on Bistro MD for the past 11 weeks and have lost close to 30 lbs or better (weigh in on Monday) It's been painless, the food is like no other (feel like I have my own personal chef), and IMHO and the opinion of many others here on the boards, JC quality or taste of food can not even compare!

I used to think that Nutrasystem and JC were alot cheaper, but given the $350 costs (for what I don't know) and the $150/week....and the fact that they make you commit on a monthly basis...you sound like you may want to give Bistro a try.

I'm not an employee or anything...I just really think that highly of it...you are welcomed to join in our Bistro thread just below!

In any which way you decide...lying is never a good way to start a relationship...even if it is with a food program
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #3  

Hey, Candy,
As a former Jenny Craig Program Consultant, I think you must have purchased what was known as the Platinum Program, which was a "lifetime" membership, including maintenance. No weight loss limits, no more fees except for your food,and you decide your goal, they don't tell you what you have to lose. They should be happy to see you back any time, and help you design a program. Best of luck!
Tabsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am a former Jenny Craig Consultant, too. I do feel that their food is better than some of the others . I did, however determine that I was never again going to pay money to have someone tell me what to eat, I now count calories and find it works just fine, and best of all it is FREE !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Hi - I did Jenny Craig quite a few years ago (1999?) and I got a Lifetime Membership. I'm pretty sure I can just walk into any JC Center and get started again.

I'm thinking about doing it again. Just to get myself back on track. I looooved the food. I think I remember it being <$100/week back then. For the JC Consultants who chimed in, if I purchased mostly the non-frozen meals and snacks, do you think I could still do it for $100/week? There are no food price on the website.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The frozen meals are much tastier.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/214/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the input, you guys!

So how does it work now? I mean, can I just buy the food and do the program without having to buy a membership? I wish I would have known at that time that the platinum wasn't my only option....like I said it was a waste of $ for me since I didn't even do JC that long.
candyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote