Old 12-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink Is It Time To Build Another ARK?

This is a complicated one....how do you feel about it?

http://hot.aol.com/2010/12/03/ark-en...Clink3%7C28974
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Gary I might be off track but what really is a true ark? I don't think God today wants us to build a ship, I think he wants us to build an ark within our country. By reaching out to others in need. Having politicians in place that care about let's look at our country and see where we need to start first to rebuild our country in the most neediest spots. If everyone would donate 20 hours to making their country strong a year , finding a charity of their choice or helping a family or picking up trash on the highways ect...America would be a better place. Tax football games, ect.. if they taxed them they could use that money to rebuild America. I think the ark needs to be within America not a ship. But that is just my way of thinking.

I think , not sure , might be another state, but a man built one here in Texas but used his own money. I also think, still not sure, a man built one in Canada, used his own money over time got it built, did not he Rosebud?

Last edited by Bootsie; 12-03-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I think it's wonderful and don't care a bit if the KY governor wants to use state money to help out. The Creation Museum is an awesome place and has brought tons of tax money to the area, so I can only assume that, since everything that is sold at the new Ark park will be taxed by the state, Kentucky will get their investment back over and over and over again. If people don't want public money to be used to build it, then, in all fairness, the state shouldn't be able to receive tax money from the park, although I know that that's not the way this country works (I'm not dumb, just realistic). Revenues from the construction and operation of such a park will fuel that part of the state for a long time, not even counting the money from hotels, gas stations, etc that are in the area or will spring up in the area.

If you ever get the chance to visit the Creation Museum, it's so well worth the time and admission! It's an incredible place. It's located just across the river from my family, so we plan on visiting again next time we go home
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Great words ladies!

Tax breaks are a great way to encourage people to give to their churches...

So many ways that good churches use that money to help the community, Christian and secular....

Abuse of the system is what hurts....but it will always be like that...

sinners we are!

I would love to go to the Creation Museum someday!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote