Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #1  

Default Anybody else try Freshology GetSlim??

I've tried Seattle Sutton's, Bistro MD, Fresh Diet and PureFoods Fresh Start. I was actually signed up for Diet to Go because of all the great things everyone has said about it, but then I found Freshology GetSlim and decided to try that one instead. It's a little pricier but I'm already enjoying it and it's only day 2! Has anyone else done this one?
dietaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #2  
it's always something

I've never heard of it before, and it doesn't look like they are in my state yet. The menu sounds nice.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/246/160

Height: 5'-8+

I have been eating their food 2 weeks a month since November. It is the best fresh meal plan I have been on. Prior to this I did the Bistro MD for 3 months straight and that was good too. With the fresh food I find it is easier for me to then cook for myself because I see how they do it.

Last edited by lue2u2; 01-29-2009 at 05:58 PM.
lue2u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #4  

Default Get Slim

I haven't tried it yet but I will be receiving my first box Saturday and I'll let you know how I like the food. The food looks great and the people in customer service were super nice and knew a lot about weight loss.
This seems to be the way Ricki Lake lost her weight and she looks amazing! I am willing to give it a shot too.
FINSUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #5  

I've been on the program for 2 weeks ( I have a 28 day program )....I love it! The food is super tasty and fresh. I've lost 2 1/2 lbs and the bloat is gone. I feel great! A new me is just around the corner.
Plus, I don't have to go to the market and be tempted by bread, chips or ice cream...my downfall.
Baci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #6  

I have an update on my Freshology program.
I'm happy to report that I've lost another 1lb!!! I'm not getting tired of the menu selection either. Would you believe I've even had PIZZA!!!!
I love Freshology!
More next week!
Baci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #7  

Default Been Doing Freshology for 3 1/2 months

I have been doing Freshology (home delivery, not GetSlim, since they only do GetSlim if you are not in Southern California home delivery area) for 3 1/2 months now.

I haven't tried any of the other services, so I have nothing to compare it with.

The food is good and surprisingly satisfying given the small portions. I have only had something not on program a few times in the last 3 1/2 months. This is a record for me, as I have had a difficult time in the last few years staying on a diet plan. It is a combination of the convenience and the tastiness of the Freshology meals that keep me on plan.

My favorite part of Freshology has been the desserts - small but tasty. I save dessert
for evening - gives me something to look forward to.

Wish Freshology wasn't quite so pricey.
Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #8  

I received my first box of GetSlim last Friday, so this is only day five so far. Initial thoughts (once we get beyond cost.. but if it works, it's worth it) are: first, each meal comes in a container the size of airplane food but suprisingly once you put everything out onto a plate, it is a LOT of food and very satisfying. They recommend you remove everything from it's packaging and plate it -- which you must really do, because some of the stuff within a meal requires heating and others don't, so you cannot just stick the whole container in the microwave like a lean cuisine, for example. Second, almost everything I've tried has tasted really good. Not to sound like an ad, but especially when I eat the dinners, I don't feel like I'm on a diet/weight loss program at all (kind of scary) -- which I'm hoping means I'll stick with this program for the long-haul. Finally, I like that they separate out (either with plastic wrap or just by layout) the individual ingredients. They don't stir everything together. For example, they give you a salad with lettuce on the bottom and then celery may be in one corner and carrots in another, etc. I personally don't like either of those, so it makes it super easy to pick those things out. I'll keep you updated on actual weight loss. Keeping fingers crossed that this program works, but I am truly enjoying it so far!!!
dcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #9  
it's always something

I wish they were available in my area, I'd love to give them a shot. I like meal delivery, it's just so difficult to find good quality meals. It sounds like Freshology is fantastic!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

I just finished my first day and found the food delicious! Very high quality, tasty and well seasoned. I could never prepare the variety on my own.
I just hope I'll lose weight!
JetPuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/172/135

Height: 5' 7''

Default Freshology Get Slim almost had my CC and first order!! I think the nutrition is sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
I wish they were available in my area, I'd love to give them a shot. I like meal delivery, it's just so difficult to find good quality meals. It sounds like Freshology is fantastic!
ACKK! THIS is the one national plan of delivered fresh gourmet food which I liked best but forgot to include in my search results before I decided to go with fresh, not frozen regional delivery with Diet Gourmet. ( Thank you again Suzanne!!!)
I can say that my nutritional training showed that the portion size and types of foods delivered are as close to perfect as we are going to find for a mass-prepared, mass- delivered nationwide diet plan of gourmet diet food.

IF I needed to change my eating plan from Diet Gourmet for some unknown heartbreaking reason, which I would consider an extreme tragedy, I definitely would go with Freshology Get Slim.
Maybe it's my location smack dab in the middle of the countryside outside Dallas, but the cost of Freshology GetSlim seemed higher than other plans. It would cost $693.66 for 14 days/ $1400 a month. I couldn't spring for that knowing that it does not arrive completely and utterly FRESH without any preservation means on the journey.

Freshology GetSlim also seems to have a terrific mixture of ingredients and a lack of huge amounts of pasta and sauce, both extremely cheap fillers which just make me gag to think about.
I was impressed with every aspect of their meal plans except the fact that the food does have to be frozen or otherwise preserved for transport. It's still 88 degrees outdoors and most days are hitting the upper 90's, so this may be a personal need of mine but not for many other people.

I love having my food home in the refrigerator. I know, it's sort of perverse, but I love looking at it through the clear container lids as it is stacked in the two refrigerator shelves. I had tons of delivery and availability issues with NS and the local Jenny Craig franchise, not to mention that I hated the food, so it may be my relief that there is now dependable personal local pickup of my new delicious eating plan.

BTW, if we all ate the right portion sizes of most foods for all meals, the meal would almost always fit in a box the size of the Freshology boxes shown on their website. Portion control is key- we all know that by now, don't we? I feel so diet- jaded.

Best to all on this outstanding national delivery program. I believe it is the best national program available and I look forward to seeing your losses.

Hugs,
Mandy

Last edited by LessFluffy; 06-22-2009 at 03:23 AM. Reason: edited to give correct pricing with delivery charges
LessFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2"

I have just finished my first month of Getslim and couldn't be more pleased with the program.
The food is fresh and absolutely delicious! Yes, it is pricey, but considering the quality and number of ingredients in each dish, it's worth the cost. Everything is so tasty!
I renewed for another 2 months. I was able to renew with free shipping, which helps. The cost averages $40/day.
I feel much better physically and psychologically, and rarely experience hunger. Like with all diets, the worst time is between 7 and 10 pm. If I absolutely feel like I need to eat something then, I'll have a sugar free pudding cup for 60 cal and eat it very slowly.
Already I have lost one clothing size, to a petite 12 pants. My goal is a 10 petite in pants. I'm smaller on top but have always had a bigger butt and thighs. Sorry, but I'm not going to weigh myself till I fit into that size 10P!
JetPuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #13  

The menu for Freshology looks sooooooooooo good but I could not stomach the $1,300 a month cost and plus I did not want ALL my meals but just lunch/dinner or just dinner. I am jealous :-)
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #14  

I've decided to take the leap and go for Freshology! Sure its not the cheapest program out there, but it seems like you're paying for the quality. I should be receiving my first box tomorrow. My friends have all tried it and they've finally convinced me that I should too I'm currently looking to lose about 45 pounds , but i've heard of people who have lost even more than that, i mean look at J-LO 50 pounds later!! This program seems too good to be true, I'll let you all know how it goes.
debbieonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:29 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
I've never heard of it before, and it doesn't look like they are in my state yet. The menu sounds nice.
I have never heard of it before now either... although it is a little odd that those whom spoke in it's favor... none have more than 1 or 5 posts, and all joined around the same time (which also happened to be the only months they've posted in). Other than that, none have spoken on any other threads.... I smell something fishy...or canned.... hmm... is it.... SPAAAAAAAAMMMMM!?!?

dietaddicted

lue2u2

Baci

Dobe

dcnewbie

JetPuffed

LensFluffy

debbieonadiet

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 04-21-2010 at 10:37 PM.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote