Old 11-22-2010, 03:16 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly chat Nov 22th-28th

Morning all.

Thanks Sandra, yes the end of the tunnel is in sight.

Tomorrow I am going Christmas shopping with the girls. We go every year, but this year, I don't really feel like going. However! Try telling that to a bunch of nurses, teachers, solicitors and doctors... It is easier for me to give in and go than argue. To tell the truth, I'm looking forward to it now.
We go to London, which is 2 hours away by train, on the 7am train. Shop till we drop, leave our shopping in the left luggage dept at the railway station, go for a nice dinner, see a West-end show then home on the 11pm or midnight train. The next day we are all shattered with sore feet!

Another grey day today. We have an APB out on the sun. There is snow forecast for Scotland (not unusual that) and the east coast, which is a bit early. We are in the west and in a valley so rarely see any appreciable snow fall and then only in February. I love snow and turn into a big kid on snowy days.

Have a good day.

Last edited by jojo23; 11-22-2010 at 03:17 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Jojo, your shopping trip sounds awesome!! Can I come?
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

JoJo, your shopping trip sounds amazing. A gf and I went today. We had a great time but nothing like what you'll have. We shopped till lunch then my dil joined us for Mexican food before she continued shopping. We were finished. Fat and sassy--that's us.

At 4 pm today it is 80*. Our high this Thursday is to be in the 40's. Texas weather.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-22-2010 at 05:03 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

quiet day on the boards.

I had a good workout and ran a few errands. Not much else..no shopping for anything except a roaster oven.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Oh boy....I've been having a pork craving for weeks and yesterday it got indulged in a BBQ way. Not good. All I can say for myself is that I ate lunch and then no dinner. Yikes! I lost .4 at Jenny yesterday but I'm sure I undid all of that. I shall have to work very hard this week.....except for Thursday. Even then I shall try to be careful.

This is SOOOOOO hard.

Hugs to all.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #6  

Hang in there, Vickie! I'm rootin' for ya
Old 11-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Vickie, those temptations pop up every now and then. Congratulations on getting right back on track. You have good plans for this week. I'm struggling, too. Thanksgiving is a challenge in itself--but I'm the kind who gets excited days in advance and want to start eating early. You're right.

This is hard. We'll win some battles and lose some. Let's just keep on and never give up.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

everyone. Hope you're having a good day.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #9  

Hey chickies! Did a little shopping after school today, and I bought some fabric for pillows and some tall glass vases for the fire place. I'm not sure if I like the vases, though. I need to put something in them before I decide. I am still counting points, and I'm doing well. I have lost about 5 pounds, so I'm encouraged. I'm really interested in the new program and will go to a meeting as soon as it starts. I have been eating my normal points, but I have not counted fruit since I read fruit will be free on the new program. I'm still losing, so that's awesome. Like I have already said, my goal is to get through the holidays without a gain. Hope I can do that.

Sandra, I'm like you. I have to really fight to keep from starting the holiday eating early. It's soooooo hard!! I like what you said about never giving up. Thanks for the hug.

Rhonda, did you get that roaster oven?

I hope you all are having a great evening. I'll check in tomorrow.... NO SCHOOL!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Oh yes, I got the roaster oven at Macy's. So, there will be more room in the oven for other goodies. Someday we'll remodel the kitchen and have two ovens.

I've had a good day with food and spent 30 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Sloan, congratulations on losing those 5 pounds. Enjoy your holidays off. Let us know about those vases. You're quite the decorator. makes me smile.

Just finished watching "Biggest Loser." I'm pumped!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we must have been posting same time. Congrats on your good day and on getting your roaste oven.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:39 AM   #13  

We have had wonderful family time for the past week with everyone home
& doing our thanksgiving early. Just got back from SC visiting relatives & DD flies out in the am to Ca. So DH & I may just sleep & relax tomorrow.
Our feisty family all got along beautifully this week which is a huge blessing.
The only fight was when we almost wrecked because my DH was
beside a semi that changed lanes and ran us into the grass
area going 7O miles per hour. The truck had his blinker on & I warned hubby , but he proceeded beside the truck .The truck was at fault but I told my DH if we all die it won't matter who's fault it was. I drove the rest of the trip which DH hates but my nerves cannot take his driving anymore.
He is a great driver except for being cautious when drivers look like they
might be about to change lanes when they don't see you . I watch for that
and give them room (especially huge trucks)

Sloan..I am so proud of your weight loss..Way to go...
But our contest didn't mean that you were supposed to give me the weight you lost I have gained 5 pounds and I am at 150 now.
My Thanksgiving is over since we celebrated early so tomorrow I
figure out how to get serious about getting 20 pounds off.
I feel like I have tried so many different things and I never stick to any of them . I remember Oprah saying that all the diets work if you stick with them...

Last edited by nancy237; 11-24-2010 at 02:39 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #14  

Nancy, I'm so glad you had such a great time with your family. Those times are very special! I didn't mean to send you those five pounds. Maybe the new program will be something that will help both of us. As Sandra said to Vickie: "This is hard. We'll win some battles and lose some. Let's just keep on and never give up".

Got lots of cleaning and a little cooking to do today, but not too much. y'all have a great morning. I'll check in later.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #15  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

We had a lovely shopping trip to London yesterday. We caught the 7am train, got to Paddington just after 9am, hit Oxford and Regent Streets and shopped till we dropped. Then tubed to Harrods (didn’t buy anything though, just stood there open mouthed saying ‘HOW much!’) We went, in the evening, to see Jersey Boys it was a fantastic show, well worth the money. We got back here in the early hours. I didn’t get up till lunchtime! My feet feel as if I have a size 6 foot in a size 3 shoe, they are so sore.

You are all welcome to come next year girls. We are a mixed bunch, all old school chums or work mates from years back, but you will fit in just lovely.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote