Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Default November: Value Your Body, God does! Let's Diet Together

Our Thread is getting so long thought I would start a new one each month!

I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. Psalm 40 : 1,2

I believe God gives us all who believes in him courage, so of course Satan will most certainly try his best to take it away. Together we can wear the armor of God and stand against him. When he stumps one of us; we can together pull one another back up with prayer.Christ dwells within every belever. This is just not about loosing weight, its experiencing God through other believers as he works within our lives. God can speak to me through you, he can speak through any one who believes in him. Yes we need to loose or gain or just stay where we are in our weight but our fellowship with our Father is important also. So please if you feel the need to come and join us please do. It does not matter, if you are male or female or what diet you are on, we are all here helping one another.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #2  

I am still at a stand still,199 and I got so weak today wanting one of those cupcakes that I bit right into one. But the taste satisfied me so I throw it away and spit it out. It is sure tuff having those things sitting around in front of me, I think Lee (dog) is going to get his sweet tooth filled tomorrow!
Worked all day today, need to get some exercise in tonight. Since I am not loosing I need to look at what I am eating and change it around some. Get some exercise in also.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #3  

Rosebud I am going to start doing some of them exercises , my belly is big too and I need to get it down. It went down 2 inches but it has a ways to go! I bet your doctor says Way to go girl! I know I have no more problems with my belly anymore except for the size since I have gave up cheese and bread and all those goodies . Gee! Did you know saltine crackers has yeast in them! I just could not believe it!

Last edited by Bootsie; 11-03-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

YES, I eat the whole wheat ones and was surprised about that too; I sometimes would have a couple in the evening with a piece of cheese or peanut butter, to ward off my hunger -- and it always seemed to work for me. I have been alternating with some fruit (an apple) lately.

Maybe your body is taking a rest right now; I can't imagine that you need more exercise, but the toning exercises can help anyone. I am reading a book that suggest morning toning exercises also, ie half sit-ups, tummy crunches, and butt squeezes -- I laughed when I read that becuz I have been doing these since January of this year and can tell the difference (my clothes are looser).

So, I will be continuing them indefinitely; and even increasing the reps a bit at a time too. Stomach issues run on both sides of our family -- eeks, so it's a double whammy for us ...

Did some vacuuming and dust mopping today, plus the normal daily stuff; was on my feet quite a bit walking back & forth; back & forth -- that's good for more steps in each day as well.

The only thing about these changes is that I am eating more oats, pasta, rice, and potatoes -- hope that doesn't cause me any problems with my weight; don't want to gain any back. The last two days I had a mix of oatmeal & natural cream of wheat and that really kept me full until lunch -- usually I was hungry for a morning snack, but not on these days, so I think I will keep this up for a while and see what happens.

The book I am reading recommends oatmeal for up to 5 days a week; a cold cereal for one, and anything you want like french toast for one weekend day. The idea being to cut our cholesterol over a 7-week period; so we'll see. We had pasta with mushroom-bean sauce for dinner tonight; and it was pretty good (kidney beans to replace meat for a meatless meal).

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-04-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #5  

Oh Rosebud I been eating the refried black beans well wouldn't you know that there is yeast in that too! I have just got to start checking my labels better. I am going to make my own beans and smash them up add some tomato to it. You know Rosebud people even give yeast to cattle to fatten them up? No wonder people are so over weight when there is yeast in everything. I just don't understand why they have to put yeast in everything, does it preserve the food or does it make us want to eat more so we buy more, does anyone know the answer to that? Those black refried beans are delicious and I love saltine crackers but I am going to have to give em up.

Is there such a thing as a yeast free, sugar free saltine cracker?

Last edited by Bootsie; 11-05-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #6  
Rosebud

Quote:
... people even give yeast to cattle to fatten them up ...
YIKES, really? That is a very good question; you know I had read that they give hormones or something to cattle to fatten them up; but hadn't heard about the yeast thing. Why would there be yeast in refried beans? I think maybe I am going to google yeast and see what I find ...

You know, I was praying about this the other night before bed -- asking the LORD if I should I cut my yeast breads and foods down more just to see what happens. Then just before I went to sleep, I grabbed my little bible that I have on my nightstand, and this is the page it opened up to all by itself ~

Luke 22:1 "Now the feast of the UNLEAVENED BREAD drew nigh ... " This happens to me all the time; and I really believe that this is too much of a coincidence to not be a direct answer from the Word ... Eerie or what? Oooeeeooo ....

Anywho ... that is very interesting; and would be well worth delving into becuz if yeast causes a problem for many people -- and it clearly does (I know many people besides myself who have issues with yeast and diabetics can have a problem with this big time); then it would be important to find out that if we cut out yeast products, would our yeast problems then go away.

And not only that -- is there any connection to that and obesity? WOW -- that is an important question!!! While we are looking for the sugar connection; maybe there is a yeast & sugar issue really going on here. Maybe they work together to contribute to things like diabetes, yeast infections, bloating, water retention, weight gain, and "only heaven knows, what else?"

Plus, I have always suspected that ECZEMA is really a kind of yeast infection; I know so many people that have this issue. Some are diabetics, some are not, but they all have this skin eczema rashes in common -- and I am wondering if it may actually be an ALLERGY to sugar & yeast foods???

I was wondering about RICE CRACKERS? Would they have yeast in them; I will check this out the next time I go to the grocery stores. Gee, I may spend an hour in there going over their crackers; there are so many different kinds now ... My grocery trips are at least an hour now as it is ...

Hey, we are becoming FOOD SCIENTISTS, you know ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-05-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #7  

Rosebud it is yeast extract which I really don't know what the difference is unless it is like a vanilla extract, beats me. What ever it is yeast and on a yeast free diet you cannot have it.

I did find a black bean refried that has none in it, called Casa Fiesta All Natural no fat refried black beans and it is really good, states on the front no artificial ingredients and no preservatives.
I have to get to feeling better for tomorrow I need to fix David a dessert for doing without all week long. I bet he cannot eat as much as he would being without sugar. This was our deal so I need to live up to it.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #8  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ that's a fair deal for your DH -- if he eats well all week, he gets a special dessert on Sundays; great idea and it gives him incentive too. I've tried many kinds of beans, but never refried beans. Sending up prayers that you are feeling better right pronto!

Funny thing -- I read in one of my books today about a kind of yeast that people put into their vegetarian dishes; you can only get it from health food stores though. Not sure what it is and why they put it in; but I won't be using it, that's for sure. I only like to buy stuff that I can get at our local grocery stores ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-06-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:43 AM   #9  
New Attitude!

S/C/G: 185.6/170.0/135-145

Height: 5'7"

Default New to the site...

Hi there!

I'm new here, a Christian and I know my body is a temple, but daggone it all, sometimes I want to bring Twinkies into the temple!!!

Well, just wanted to poke my head in and say hello and introduce myself. Hope to get on here and get to know some of you ladies and offer support as well as seek it for myself.

God bless and have a marvelous Monday!
Wendy
WendyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #10  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Wendy! NIce to meet you.
Hi Bootsie and Rosebud! Hope all is well with you two
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #11  
Rosebud

WENDY ~ glad you joined us over here; this is a great site and I love coming here, as you can see ...

I ate well today; and have been doing really well lately. I made a few small changes like having a bit more to eat for breakfast as I was always hungry mid-morning so would have a snack to tide me over, but now I am going to have a small amount of cereal or oatmeal as it lasts longer for me as I mentioned before. On the morning, I had oatmeal I didn't feel hungry at all.

I also went to the doctors today -- he just wanted to see if my symptoms were gone or what. I was told today that there is a waiting list for the test and that is why I haven't been contacted as of yet. I can call and see how far down the list I am for an estimation on a date if I want to, but I am not really worried about it right now. The doc said my iron was a tad down, but not serious; but he wants me to do another blood test for that and vitamin deficiencies as well. It was a short & nice visit ...

So, I'm trying to look after my temple the best I can ...

HI JUDY ~ your post wasn't on my screen until after I posted ... that happens a lot when two people are posting in and around the same time ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-08-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #12  
New Attitude!

Default Thanks for making me feel welcome!

I will ask for you ladies to keep me in prayer today, please.

I've been suffering with Plantar Fasciitis for about 4 years now, but as typical nurses do, we wait til it becomes impossible to ignore... we make the worst patients!

Anyhow, I have an appt in the morning with a podiatrist. Stubborn me is gonna finally get checked now that it's causing me back and hip problems. I shouldn't have put it off, but anyhow, I'm praying for quick healing and easy answers to all of this pain in my young 36 year old body!

Thanks so much!
Wendy
Old 11-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #13  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Wendy have you tried the Sketchers Shape up shoes? I have some. I don't personally think they do that much for toning and shaping but they take ALL the weight off your heels. I have plantar faciatis too. I am a floral designer and am on my feet all day as well. The Sketchers are so wonderful in that regard. I hope the podiatrist has some non surgical ideas for you and will keep you in prayers

Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #14  

Welcome Wendy and I am praying for you Wendy on an intelligent doctor that gives you some relief. My husband walks on the side of his foot and cannot get him to a foot doctor. Judy how are you doing ?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #15  
New Attitude!

Judy, thanks for the prayers. It's funny, I guess your statement is proof positive of what the doc just said to me. He said that everyone's built different so some shoes that are awesome for some are horrible for others. Well, guess what? I've been wearing the Sketcher's Shape Ups for the last 4 months now and have gotten WAY worse. I must walk with a different part of my foot or something.

I asked him to go aggressive because I have lived with this pain for too long, so I got a cortisone shot today in my heel straight into the spur where my worst spot is... YIKES that smarted! He also splinted my foot & I go back next Monday for him to see how well the cortisone/splint combo worked & is going to look at my feet, shoes, and fit me for orthotics and a heel lift if I need one. He said I have a pretty advanced case, but he thinks with about 6 weeks of support and up to 3 cortisone shots, he'll have it nipped.

The bad news? I'm used to exercising at least 30 min/day by power walking or aerobics... he said absolutely no extra activity outside of what I must do at work for the next week, and any week after a shot. Guess I better be extra diligent about my diet during this time of healing.

Thanks y'all for the prayers!