Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #1  
the 20 year old wonder.

S/C/G: 186.2/182/130

Height: 5'7''

Default How exactly does alcohol work with Nutrisystem?

I'm about to start the program, and my 21st birthday is in 33 days and I am a young gal! I don't want to give up drinking all together. The good news is that I don't drink beer, and I don't drink often at all. Anyone have any input in this?
freakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #2  

As a former NS user, they generally ask you do not take in alcohol as it does have calories, especially those that are creamy, frozen and/r fruity. They also tend to cause bloat.

Having said that, I watched some weight loss shows and have read some other forums where people do have an occasional drink. Stay away from things mixed with juices, milks, and cream bases such as Irish Cream or Kahlua.

If you must drink most weight loss experts suggest the new Bud 55, simple and for a 12 oz bottle, 55 calories. Wine can be good if you stick to one glass of 8 oz, calories vary. Vodka is a great choice if you mix it with flavor seltzer water, diet club soda, plain water or another calorie free option. You can also do that with whiskey.

Hope that helps you a little bit.

Check a website like spark people, calorie count or my fitness pal to give you calorie count of certain drinks and plan your meals ahead.

For every drink, drink a water to help flush it out so your body does not retain water.

If you can stay close within your calorie range, you should do ok.

If you have experienced a huge loss, this might be a week your loss is minimal or you stay the same.

Hope that helps you a little.

I am a huge Guinness drinker, and I LOVE Irish Car Bombs, pretty much what I grew up on. Loaded with calories. A pint has about 150-300 cals depending on pint glass size as it does vary between bars. Irish car bombs are Irish cream and Guinness, many many calories. So I have had to limit my Guinness, and its ok. I have found some wines I really like and mix with diet seltzer or flavored seltzer water for 0 extra calories and I sip those during the night. Mojitos are pretty good and they are vodka based.

Its all about portion control, just like the food.

Happy Birthday!

PS- I am now following your blog! Mine is on blogger too. Good Luck!

Last edited by irishchik; 11-02-2010 at 08:47 PM.
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #3  
Oh, you stubborn Viking!

S/C/G: 342/SEE TICKER/192

Height: 5 ft 9 in

The biggest danger when drinking isn't so much the calories of the alcohol (usually about 64 calories per ounce) it's the mixers and juices added to the alcohol. And also drinking can lower your inhibitions, causing you to make poor food choices. I suggest eating before going out, and I stick to dark rum and diet coke or vodka with club soda with a twist of lime (they're really refreshing) Each of those only has the calories of the alcohol. Be safe, have fun and enjoy your birthday!
LacieRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #4  
the 20 year old wonder.

S/C/G: 186.2/182/130

Height: 5'7''

Thanks to both of you for the quick responses! It's still a month away, but I was just thinking about it and thought I would ask. I definitely plan on eating right before I go out and I might let myself splurge a little but...purely because it is my twenty first, but other than that, like I said, I don't drink much.

Thanks for following my blog, I will follow you too!
freakiel is offline   Reply With Quote