Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 09-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default Back to maintenance, my journey with pictures & story

I was always a skinny teenager (I'm talking maybe 100lbs at 5'5). Then college hit - you know it - and I gained up to 60lbs. I blame my love affair with the BLT salad from Wendys (and the occasional spicy chicken burger). Familiar story? I had always been inactive. 20 minute mile in high school (if I even showed up).

So, after struggling with size 12 pants one day, I decided enough was enough. I was about 20 years old. I went on a diet, very low calorie (maybe 1000-1200), and after a year, lost the weight down to 120. I added in intense exercise and went down to 109lbs. Oops. Too much. I was just plain skinny. To me, this was about health, and I didn't mean to go that route. So, I added in more food, heavier weights and less cardio, and got myself up to a fit 120lbs, where I stayed for about 3 years until around 26 years old. I kept up with my training, hung out on 3FC, and maintained. In total, it had been nearly 6 years since I lost the weight, and 3 years since I had kept it at a healthier level.

Then in September 2009, I got pregnant. And I ate. And I ate. You'd think I was pregnant with triplets because I ate enough for 3. Pregnant women can't turn down offers of junk food - it's one thing to say no, but to say no when 9 months pregnant makes people think you have some kind of eating disorder and it's the one situation where people truly make you feel bad (as in, bad mother) for not wanting to eat something. I still worked out daily, I had the "perfect" pregnancy.

So I delivered my son at 163lbs, right back where I started. I gained too much weight. I may have had undiagnosed gestational diabetes. My baby was too large - 9lb 3oz. He got stuck coming out and received multiple fractures in order to get him out before his blood supply was cut off and he got some form of cerebral palsy.. or worse. Many women deliver healthy 9lb babies of course, but mine truly was just fat. He's okay now.

That incident, which could have cost him his life, really changed my outlook. Never again will I get out of control. Never again will I use ANY excuse to eat too much, even pregnancy. I ate properly and did minimal exercise (occasional weight lifting but mostly dog/stroller walks). My son also had colic so I couldn't leave him in any childcare at the gym, that was out. He didn't nap. I didn't sleep. Exercise was not much of an option. BUT keeping my nutrition in line was, so I did.

The first picture is pre-pregnancy, at about 120lbs.
The second picture is the day before I delivered at 163lbs.
The third picture is my July-September progress, starting at around 145lbs down to 130lbs.
The last one is the love of my life

n542980316_2662192_8632.jpg

daybefore.jpg

julytosept2010.jpg

38799_10150233763825317_542980316_14012720_1259177_n.jpg
Thanks for helping me stay accountable.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #2  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Sacha, welcome back. I wish you much beauty and joy in your maintenance living.
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #3  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sacha,
Great to see you! What a sweetie pie, thanks for showing him off.
Kitty
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sacha! Thanks for sharing your story. You look amazing and your baby is so cute, god bless him!
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote