View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 02:02 AM   #6
Risssa

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

It is better not to eat too close to bed time, but studies show that it does not matter if you eat your calories in 1 meal or 6; calories are calories. Depending on your lifetstyle, eating less meals may be better than eating more meals. I personally eat two meals a day and it works great for me. I have protein powder when I wake up, go to the gym have my first meal at 12pm and second meal between 7-8:30pm. Sometimes I have an afternoon snack and sometimes I do not.

The research I've read proves that it is benefical to have a 12-18 hour period in a day when you are not eating (mine is from about 8pm at night until 12pm the next day - intermittent fasting). I have done my research and THIS WORKS FOR ME. It may not work for you.

In the end it is about the quality of your foods and your caloric intake, whether you look at them on a daily basis or a weekly average.

Also, have you tried green smoothies? I recommend smoothies you make yourself (I get 4 servings of fruits and veggies in my smoothies) and through it in a thermos so I can take it with me without worrying about it going bad.

There are solutions. Try different things and think outside the box and you will find something that works for you.

Last edited by Risssa : 08-30-2010 at 02:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote