Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #1  
Gunz

S/C/G: 192/171/145

Height: 5'5

Default Chocolate Protien Drink

I am hoping someone out their can help me!

I love the chocolate premade protien drinks from MRC. They taste just like chocolate milk when they are really cold. The only problem i can not afford them, i about freaked when i bought them it was somewhere around $20 for 6.

Does anyone know where i can buy these cheaper!!! Has anyone else tried them?
MGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

What's MRC? I love the Ensure protein shakes, really cold and most flavors, when I feel a sweet craving coming on I usually grab one and use it as a meal since they are like 250 calories a bottle
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

Ensure's good but they have quite a bit of sugar; that's the reason I quit drinking them. I like EAS AdvantEdge. It's not quite thick like chocolate milk, when nice and cold it tastes more like the yoohoos used to. But for 110 cals, 2 g dietary fiber, 4 grams carbs and 17 grams protein, I'm quite content with it. They're not super cheap, but $5 for 4 (probably cheaper if you can buy bigger packages) isn't as bad as $20 for 6. Yikes!
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/179/140

Height: 5'2

I agree, the EAS Advantage drinks are pretty good and comparable to the centers..sometimes my grocery store has them buy 1 get 1 so I stock up. There is also dietdirect.com but idk how much they are on there.
taytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #5  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

I have never used the shakes at MRC. With the prices like that I don't think I would either. Do you drink them instead of having a meal or what? It would be nice to find something I can drink instead of having a meal.
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #6  
Gunz

S/C/G: 192/171/145

Height: 5'5

Default Chocolate Drink

They can be used as a meal replacement if you drink two or as a creamy substitue if you drink one. I like to use them when i am running late for work and do not have time to make my lunch. But still am trying to find the other alternative due to pricing. I am starting to wonder if it may be Muscle Milk? I tried the vanilla premade which was awful in my eyes but i compared the packaging and alot of it was the same so i am going to try the milk chocolate one and see if that is comparable.
MGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGunz View Post
They can be used as a meal replacement if you drink two or as a creamy substitue if you drink one. I like to use them when i am running late for work and do not have time to make my lunch. But still am trying to find the other alternative due to pricing. I am starting to wonder if it may be Muscle Milk? I tried the vanilla premade which was awful in my eyes but i compared the packaging and alot of it was the same so i am going to try the milk chocolate one and see if that is comparable.
I know some people love muscle milk, but I absolutely HATE it!! And it was recently subject to some bad publicity due to a recall regarding too much of a certain chemical/mineral (don't remember exactly what it was). I'm sure it's been corrected or it wouldn't be on the shelf, but check it out. I drink the Atkins shakes from Sam's (I think they were about $15 for 15 -- maybe 12 containers). If you try them, make sure they're really cold and shake them up.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #8  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

If doing Metaquick and subbing the Advantage shakes at lunch - do you drink 2 for your lunch meal replacement?
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinevere75 View Post
If doing Metaquick and subbing the Advantage shakes at lunch - do you drink 2 for your lunch meal replacement?
Even though they didn't have enough protein as the center recommends, I did use them. But I only used one, and maxed out the HNS's.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #10  
Skinny for Scuba!

Thanks Deb. I'm going to try it starting today.

Does anyone have a MCR ready-made choc shake that they could copy the label details from and post here? I'd like to see the comparison to the EAS Advantedge shakes - I noticed that Atkins makes a version as well called Advantage - I'd like to check out that label next to the MCR one as well.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #11  
Skinny for Scuba!

I found an old post that said the POWDER version of the MCR chocolate shake breaks down like this:
250 calories
3.5g Fat
23g Carbs (seems kinda high, huh??)
2g Fiber
35g Protein

Can anyone verify this? I'd really like to see what the ready-to-drink shakes label looks like - can anyone w/an MCR ready made shake post the label for me?

The EAS AdvantEdge label looks like this:
110 Calories
3g Fat
4g Carb
2g Fiber
17g Protein

So based on that - it looks like I'd need to do 2 EAS shakes as well to match up w/the MCR ones for Metaquick.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #12  

Quote:
I found an old post that said the POWDER version of the MCR chocolate shake breaks down like this:
250 calories
3.5g Fat
2g Fiber
35g Protein
That's why I couldn't use their shakes, the high carb content always hurt me.

I've used a couple different products in addition to the Atkins. Right now I use a product called Walker Diet shake mix. (from vitacost dot com) I've tried all of their flavors and am not too keen on most of them. But I do use the cappucino one and use decaf coffee for the liquid. Each one has 175 calories, 24 g protein, 7 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 6 g fat, and a bunch of vitamins and minerals. I'm sure you can see the label at vitacost.

I also use a produt by Syntrax called Nectar (available on many sites). It's got 90 calories, 23 g protein, 0 g fat, 0 carbs. Right now I'm using Caribbean Cooler. This product is more liquidy, more like a hns.

Trial and error is how you figure out what works.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
250 calories
3.5g Fat
2g Fiber
35g Protein

Can anyone verify this? I'd really like to see what the ready-to-drink shakes label looks like - can anyone w/an MCR ready made shake post the label for me?

The EAS AdvantEdge label looks like this:
110 Calories
3g Fat
4g Carb
2g Fiber
17g Protein

So based on that - it looks like I'd need to do 2 EAS shakes as well to match up w/the MCR ones for Metaquick.

Just curious, did you end up trying metaquick with the EAS shakes (2 for breakfast and 2 for lunch)?? I started with these today and was just wondering how it's going for you
Pookie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #14  
Skinny for Scuba!

I did it for 7 days w/the EAS version - I go into to weigh today at the center, but my scale at home has me down 4 lbs for the week - that is my biggest weekly loss, so I think it worked as it is supposed to - and for a lot cheaper!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I did it for 7 days w/the EAS version - I go into to weigh today at the center, but my scale at home has me down 4 lbs for the week - that is my biggest weekly loss, so I think it worked as it is supposed to - and for a lot cheaper!

That is great! I did it for 4 days with the EAS version as well. I just weighed in this morning and only lost .5 pounds, kind of disappointed but I also started my period yesterday so hoping that is some of it too. Good luck, hope you show a great loss
Pookie31 is offline   Reply With Quote