South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #1  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default Non egg breakfast?

Don't get me wrong, I love eggs but good Lord if I eat any more eggs I'm going to scream!

Any recipes that others may know of? I feel the need to mention I am a picky eater. I don't like Ricotta or cottage cheese.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Leftover dinner from last night.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

There are lots of non egg discussions.

A sticky in the FAQ section: Breakfast Alternatives to Eggs

But as I was searching it looks like some of the other discussions include ricotta and cottage cheese. So, I go with leftovers from the night before also. Beans and salsa worked for me in phase 1. I was trying to go dairy free this time, it worked.

Last edited by sarahyu; 08-06-2010 at 02:26 PM.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243.2/241/160

Height: 5'7"

Some people add SF flavored syrup to FF greek yogurt. I hate eggs!! and everything after its cooked tastes like eggs. I usually do yogurt or string cheese, but thats because I have to force myself to eat in the am.
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #5  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Here's my new favorite: arnold wheat sandwich thin (100 cal, 5 g fiber) toasted, thin layer of peanut butter, and slice a banana up on each half. I sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar a bit and it's delish. And filling!

If you like oatmeal or greek yogurt, check out this healthy eating blog - I enjoy her posts each day, even though I won't touch yogurt http://pbfingers.com/
Her posts remind me to add fruit in to sandwiches, etc., when I don't think of it...and that healthy eating is not as hard as we sometimes think it might be!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

I have a breakfast drink that I started a year before I started SBD which REALLY works for me, so it continues to be my every day breakfast. It's a combination of 2 products, "Supreme Meal", by Peaceful Planet and "Green Vibrance" by Vibrant Health. It was a little boring during P1, but normally I add 1/2 apple or fresh blueberries. Taken along with my vitamins, it carries me through to lunch, and that's without a snack break. I feel that as we follow SB we also need to key into what is right for us individually. I have run my mix by 2 nutritionists who gave it the green light. I was concerned that I was getting the nutrients I needed.

I want to always mention that a meal-replacement drink is not for everyone and it certainly isn't advocated by SBD. In fact, many will say that a drink won't adequately carry one through until lunch, but in my case, it does.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-06-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
Here's my new favorite: arnold wheat sandwich thin (100 cal, 5 g fiber) toasted, thin layer of peanut butter, and slice a banana up on each half. I sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar a bit and it's delish. And filling!

If you like oatmeal or greek yogurt, check out this healthy eating blog - I enjoy her posts each day, even though I won't touch yogurt http://pbfingers.com/
Her posts remind me to add fruit in to sandwiches, etc., when I don't think of it...and that healthy eating is not as hard as we sometimes think it might be!
The cinnamon sugar is a no-no on SB, though, isn't it??? I just remember seeing it specifically spelled out in some recipes "Ground cinnamon...NOT cinnamon sugar" or something like that.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

*Any* sugar is a no-no on the South Beach diet.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #9  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

I'm also on Phase 1 so the bread and sugar would not be good.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 191.5/191.5/165

Height: 5'2"

Today I had 2 slices of turkey bacon and some low fat jarlsburg cheese
beth0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

I am not a huge breakfast eater, but usually (at least when I gotta go to work) I have:
Plain yogurt sweetened with crystal lite (the flavour depends on my mood at that particular moment)
Celery sticks with a little pb on them (or for ph2 pb &nsa jam)
-or-
The yogurt flavored with c-lite
Ham, cream cheese & onion rollups with raw veggies on the side.

But there are a hundred things you can eat for breakfast instead of eggs... you just gotta think out side the 'traditional' breakfast food box.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 226/SeeTicker/170

Height: 5'8"

When I'm getting to the point that I see another egg I'm going to scream, I move to Greek Yogurt. Really good (even plain), and I found an idea on the site here I'm going to try...adding some flavored extracts to them (the sugar free ones of course!). I imagine it will be easier in Phase 2 when you can add fruit.

I also swear by frozen turkey sausage links or canadian bacon you can throw in a pan, heat up and eat. It seems to take the tedium out of daily eggs.
museumchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverGirl View Post
I am not a huge breakfast eater, but usually (at least when I gotta go to work) I have:
Plain yogurt sweetened with crystal lite (the flavour depends on my mood at that particular moment)
Celery sticks with a little pb on them (or for ph2 pb &nsa jam)
-or-
The yogurt flavored with c-lite
Ham, cream cheese & onion rollups with raw veggies on the side.

But there are a hundred things you can eat for breakfast instead of eggs... you just gotta think out side the 'traditional' breakfast food box.
How much Crystal Lite to how much yogurt? I really like that idea!
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote