Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Primal/Paleo-ish in August

Good morning!
If you're wondering just what Primal means, here's a link to help you.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/
Welcome to all!

I was already online and sipping coffee when I realised that it's August. I'll have to weigh and measure tomorrow morning.

I'm going to fitday ... that's my thing lately. Checking out a few things for fine tuning. I'd really rather hover more comfortably under 130 lbs. I'm tired of having softness around the middle. A little mush might be OK but not handfuls
Old 08-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #2  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

Its August, I can't believe it! So for July here are my #'s.

June 287lbs/ July 277lbs - 10lbs lost
Hips 48" 48" same
Waist 39" 38" - 1"
Chest 46" 44" -2"

July was good, 10 lbs gone, 3" lost, I think I've lost more inches in other places I don't measure, I really feel like my clothes are hanging off of me. My husband thinks my upper arms and shoulders are more narrow, and my collarbone is definitely prominent.

For August I am giving up cheese, it is so useless to me and I have a feeling it is why I'm not losing as many inches,who knows. But I eat too much cheese.

I have a friend who is wanting to do this, I asked here to do it at least 30 days since anyone can do almost anything just 30 days, she is pre-diabetic so I really think she'll see great results.
***Is there anything she needs to be careful of being pre-diabetic? I'll be checking out some info for her today.

Can't wait to see your results Bob and good luck everyone else!

LETS HAVE A GREAT AUGUST!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #3  
Kara

So, I'm cooking calves liver tonight. I saw it at the store and it was so cheap, I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm nervous, I have some backup ground beef just in case.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #4  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

Well, I don't have access to a scale today. I've been weighing at my doc's office, but it's Sunday. I figured I would just slide onto the scale at the hospital next door, but the only public one is in a room under construction and the job site foreman was a little rude about my presence. Guess we wait until tomorrow!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #5  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

I'm slow cooking chicken outside today. I'm finishing up the ditch digging irrigation project while the smoker fills the yard with awesome aromas.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Happy August everyone!

I'm down 3 pounds in July, which really occurred in the last 10 days or so. I bought some size 14 pants this week to take on my European trip which astounded me as I am quite curvy. The waist is too big, but they fit in the hips and thighs which has always been a major issue for me. They are NOT stretchy pants, either, so I'm pretty happy about this.

Susan, I cannot imagine being a size 2. You definitely must be all muscle, good for you.

Have a mini-rant today because my sweetie and I were in Starbucks. I was drinking a black nothing-in-it coffee. I was hungry, and kept eyeing their sandwiches and yogurt, then started thinking about all the sugar and wheat that wouldn't be good for me. I finally just decided to eat a salad after I got back to his house, BUT ... and this is my own fault ... the counter guy came over and asked if we wanted free croissants as they were going to throw them away. Arghghgh. I had one. I am pretty good when I am prepared for temptation, but I guess not so good when it is thrown in my lap.

On to better choices!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #7  
Kara

Cj, congrats on the 3 lbs and the size 14's!!!!!

Forget about that crossaint and live and learn, thats what I tell myself lately. I'm trying to be more forgiving to myself instead of beating myself up for poor choices. Where is Europe are you going?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

I have been allowing myself to "cheat" more then I had at the beginning. I am finding that I am doing better with allowing myself to "cheat" 1-2 times a week. Sounds weird I know but I am not gaining & every so often I do drop a lb. I guess I am not completely over the carb addiction. My neighbor started at a donut shop & want DH & I to go for breakfast on Sunday. I had 1 donut & the rest of the day I ate decent. The donut held me over for 6 hours before needing to eat again. I guess the donut could fit into the 20%.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all -- August already??

Congrats to all for weight loss and health successes! CJ - I totally agree not to worry about the croissant... what could you do??

I am needing to buckle down as my weight loss is nil right now -- I think I know why -- a few extra carbs here and there, not quite enough protein, and just too many calories. So, in August I'm going to try to tweak all of those a bit, have a bit more discipline, and see if I can lose a few lbs/inches!

Can't wait to see Bob's results... he must be weighing in now!

Have a primal day, gang!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:51 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

Lost 0.2 lbs in July ... well better than a gain I guess ... being on holidays in the last 2 weeks and not having routine hasn't helped much, oh well c'est la vie ... no measurements yet...

On average I've been having only 2 meals/day....which is good and kind of keeping me on track...

Congrats to everyone's successes
Old 08-03-2010, 06:00 AM   #11  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Hi, all! I've just noticed you've got Paleo-ish in the thread title, and thought I'd join you.

It's nice to see some familiar faces here!

I'm really enjoying my food plan and how much better I feel.

Hope you all have a very nice start this morning!

Last edited by SilverLife; 08-03-2010 at 06:07 AM. Reason: deleted duplicate word
Old 08-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #12  
Kara

Welcome SilverLife!

Update! I cooked the calves liver. First I sauteed onion and bacon, then put that on a plate and threw in the calves liver, it cooks so fast, then plated the liver and put the onion and bacon back in to heat with some balsamic vinegar. Liver has a distinct taste that as I was eating it I remembered from my childhood...which means my mom fed it to me and didn't tell me!LOL! So I'll be calling her later. I didn't hate the liver but its not something I could eat frequently, maybe every few weeks.

My eating has finally gotten back on track from vacation, my son started 1st grade yesterday so I'll be hitting the gym for some heavy lifting this week, I can't wait!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Without consulting anyone else here I decided to broaden our title. There are so many folks at 3FC who eat like we do and don't even know what we're up to
Welcome Silverlife! Maybe we'll gather up some more folks
Old 08-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #14  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

SB, thanks for the welcome!

I was happy to see Paleo-ish!

Hope your day is going nicely.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

SilverLife

Nuthin to report this morning yet...